elmcitymaven

Getting MPs involved in the process

156 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

So, basically, Julian just admitted that the whole point of all this is to wind us up. Whether he's making it all up or not, he will likely claim that he's right, we are all wrong, the powerful Brits are so much better than us lowly arrogant Americans.

I don't need to see proof of anything. I still think he's full of it, and I don't think the MP's office expedite will have any impact on anything at the Embassy (the expedite is likely because they know they will be able to get an answer quickly, and answer that is just as likely a "sorry, no dice" as a "yes, here's your interview date"), but since he is having such a great time disagreeing with me, he can continue to do so. Not a single thing he has posted or will post will make me change my stance, and apparently not a single thing I say will change his.

Which begs the question.... if the Brits are so much better, and he's so well connected... why, pray tell, is he leaving?

Although I doubt that contacting an MP, of a foreign government will have any effect upon the immigration process in the U.S. despite whatever protestations Julian is likely to post. I do have to question why you even care? You two have been shrill at every single word Melissa posts. It's petty and juvenile.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Although I doubt that contacting an MP, of a foreign government will have any effect upon the immigration process in the U.S. despite whatever protestations Julian is likely to post. I do have to question why you even care? You two have been shrill at every single word Melissa posts. It's petty and juvenile.

Thank you, Rob & Mel. :)

"It doesn't matter who you love, or how you love, but that you love"

~Robert Browning~

event.png

My blog, where I ramble on occasionally:

Melissa's Meanderings

I will just reply to this post, Julian, so don't attack me again for replying once again on this thread.

I have not been shrill. If you read this whole thread, you will see I attempted to help by giving my opinion since I have had some dealings with the US embassy in London other than with this visa process. I was told that my opinion was not needed as Julian was above such pedestrian activities as "waiting in line", which is only for those who "don't think very highly of themselves". My tone might be a bit harsh at times, but it is no different than the tone that Julian has been using.

You are more than welcome to think that I'm petty and juvenile. I disagree. Personally, I think those two words better describe Melissa and Julian. But as this has become an exercise in futility and my opinions are not welcome, as Julian has so blatantly stated, I'll end this here.

K-1

I-129F NOA1 : June 1, 2010

I-129F NOA2 : June 28, 2010

Interview Date : Sept 28, 2010

Wedding: Apr 16, 2011

AOS

Approved : July 25, 2011

Timeline

I will just reply to this post, Julian, so don't attack me again for replying once again on this thread.

Bollocks. I never did attack you. Given your vehemence, I think I've been quite polite actually.

But as this has become an exercise in futility and my opinions are not welcome, as Julian has so blatantly stated, I'll end this here.

Why must you distort what I say? Here is what I said to you:

If you have something of substance to share besides 'Julian is just having a go,' then please do share.

Your opinions, if helpful and polite, are of course welcome, as mine should be. I welcome conversation, but the whole 'your MP can't tell the United States what to do' (despite evidence to the contrary) line, and the 'you are a horrible monster for trying to jump the queue' line have been rather played out, don't you think?

"It has been suggested that we'll squander the sponsors' money on wine, women and song. That is not true. We don't do a lot of singing here at Portman Road" - Ipswich Town owner John Cobbold

Rob & Mel, I wasn't posting toward Melissa, I was posting toward things Julian has said. And no, I haven't been 'shrill at every single word Melissa posts'. I have been involved in 2 threads with Melissa prior to this, and have made ONE post here. Nothing petty or juvenile has been said here. Back off.

So, by your own reasoning... then why are you here?

Angela & Peter

usa.gift4527.gifuk.gif

K-1 Process (Condensed)

02/01/10: Took atty's bad advice and applied for B2 visa

02/16/10: B2 Visa Interview: DENIED - K1 Required

05/07/10: Atty sent I-129F Petition to Chicago Lockbox

05/31/10: Atty rec'd Petition back due to wrong location

06/01/10: I-129F pkg sent to VSC

06/11/10: NOA1 Rec'd/Touch

09/17/10: INTERVIEW = APPROVED

10/22/10: Marriage in the US

AOS Process

11/13/10: Mailed Packet to CHI Lockbox

11/18/10: NOA1 Rec'd via Text

11/20/10: Soc. Sec. fixed mistake/Processed SSN

11/23/10: Rec'd SSN

11/23/10: Touch

12/09/10: RFE - Supposedly didn't sign I-864 when I KNOW I did. (Copies to prove it.)

12/20/10: Biometrics Appt

12/20/10: RFE Response Rec'd/Processing Resumed

12/27/10: Transferred to CSC

12/29/10: Contacted Senator re: EAD Expedite Request

12/30/10: AOS Touch

12/30/10: EAD & AP Approved (Card Production Ordered)

01/05/11: AOS Touch (Rec'd @ CSC)

01/06/11: AOS Touch/EAD Mailed

01/08/11: EAD & AP Rec'd

01/10/11: AOS Touch

01/14/11: EAD Touch

01/26/11: AOS APPROVED!!

02/02/11: Green Card Received

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Rob & Mel, I wasn't posting toward Melissa, I was posting toward things Julian has said. And no, I haven't been 'shrill at every single word Melissa posts'. I have been involved in 2 threads with Melissa prior to this, and have made ONE post here. Nothing petty or juvenile has been said here. Back off.

So, by your own reasoning... then why are you here?

I'm here because I want to be, do I need some sort of hall pass from you to read and even post here? No, I won't back off when you attack people and act like termagant.

I've not attacked anyone here. Please just leave Marlea and I the he1l alone. We've done nothing to you, so back off. The only thing I ever see you post is antagonizing towards anyone you deem deserves it that day. It's a wonder you've not been permabanned.

Angela & Peter

usa.gift4527.gifuk.gif

K-1 Process (Condensed)

AOS Process

12/09/10: RFE - Supposedly didn't sign I-864 when I KNOW I did. (Copies to prove it.)

Which begs the question.... if the Brits are so much better, and he's so well connected... why, pray tell, is he leaving?

I'm not sure why this has turned into 'the Brits' vs 'us Americans' :blink:

Personally I never have given a toss whether people try to expedite their cases in which way they choose...they may be successful or not, there is nothing stopping anybody doing the same. I can't understand all the fuss.

Personally, I would have preferred us moving to the UK. Finances, and the fact that I have 2 children under 12 who would lose their entire family, dictated that we need to be here for at least a few years.

The "free" healthcare there alone, even if you have to wait a bit for some things in places, is worth it to me, as someone with epilepsy and severe asthma, who has had to go without insurance when I've been laid off or changed jobs, and been unable to continue my medication.

Both the US and the UK have their downfalls. Here we have too much religion running the place, and too many rednecks voting in idiots to represent them. The government can't stop fighting long enough to make the changes necessary to make real progress. The UK has an awful service industry. People just accept what they get without complaint. Not here, here we demand good service because we feel that if we're paying for it we deserve it. Peter and I have that discussion all the time. He's learning how to complain to make people do their jobs, even just when shopping for a new sport coat. (Ended up with a free gift certificate when a sales clerk was overly rude!)

Neither country is perfect, we just take the good with the bad and make our decisions based on what works for us. It's when people who are leaving a country start talking-down the country they're going to that makes me shake my head and wonder, "WHY?"

Angela & Peter

usa.gift4527.gifuk.gif

K-1 Process (Condensed)

AOS Process

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

cease the bickering and baiting please.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

I have just spoken to the state department, who report that I am now eligible for an interview. Seems my MP's office have moved things along after all.

"It has been suggested that we'll squander the sponsors' money on wine, women and song. That is not true. We don't do a lot of singing here at Portman Road" - Ipswich Town owner John Cobbold

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Oh yes Jill, my one and only goal here on Visa Journey is to set your inquisitive mind to ease and to finally count you as an ally in my crusade to be loved and adored by the throngs of sceptical UK forum dwellers. As God is my witness, I know without any doubt whatsoever that were I to post a letter from my MP confirming whatever it is you wish this hypothetical document to confirm, that you would instantly come around my side, and that there would be no accusations that I'd made the whole thing up or insistences that the following interview date would be nothing more than coincidence. Yes Jill, I shall get right on this, thank you so very much for the opportunity to make amends.

Julian, I don't think asking you to post proof that it works is being unreasonable. I could come on here all day long and say I am a one eyed one horned flying purple people eater, and it does not make it true.

If you GENUINELY can show PROOF that calling your MP worked and sped up your case, you will have a sincere "THAT'S AWESOME THANKS FOR HELPING OUT OTHERS ON VJ!!!" from me.

Until then this thread is exactly what it is...you assuring people that it will work, and others repeatedly saying it doesn't work and there is a time proven process that you must follow the procedures to get it all wrapped up. Please PROVE IT WRONG, I would LOVE to see everyone get their visa process sped up!

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

Timeline

Julian, I don't think asking you to post proof that it works is being unreasonable. I could come on here all day long and say I am a one eyed one horned flying purple people eater, and it does not make it true.

If you GENUINELY can show PROOF that calling your MP worked and sped up your case, you will have a sincere "THAT'S AWESOME THANKS FOR HELPING OUT OTHERS ON VJ!!!" from me.

Until then this thread is exactly what it is...you assuring people that it will work, and others repeatedly saying it doesn't work and there is a time proven process that you must follow the procedures to get it all wrapped up. Please PROVE IT WRONG, I would LOVE to see everyone get their visa process sped up!

If you don't think demanding proof from me is 'unreasonable,' then I expect you to demand proof every time somebody mentions they have been approved, every time somebody says they have filed, every time somebody says they have obtained their medical exam, every time somebody says they made it through immigration, every time somebody called their senator, every time somebody's K1 was approved, every time somebody says they were married, and on and on.

It's up to you to take my or anyone else's word. If you don't think phoning an MP works, then don't do it. But don't bloody well call me a liar. Everybody here is posting their own experiences without having to submit to the burden of providing you proof. I shouldn't have to be any different just because I found a novel way of approaching the problem.

Besides, it wouldn't matter what proof I provided, you'd just shout and rant that I've forged it and thus this only proves that it doesn't work and I'm a liar. There's no winning with your type, and I won't be bothered to even try.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.