Mary1979

AOS current timeline

12 posts in this topic

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello folks,

I have a quick question. My husband and I filed for AOS based on an employment application (EB2).

Our I-485 package was received at the Dallas Lockbox on August, 23rd, so 2 weeks ago...

How long should I wait for a receipt notice? and after that, how long to have our fingerprint appointment?

I will appreciate any feedback from people having filed recently or whoever knows something on this process timeline.

Thanks a lot!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

From visajourney time recently most people take 4-5 months. Same shows on USCIS website. There are a few it seems that are on 6 months.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

filed aos aug 3 and got the receipt on the 16th. still waiting for my biometrics letter till now.

08/03/10 - Filed AOS

08/06/10 - Received Date

08/12/10 - Notice Date

08/16/10 - NOA Hard Copy Received

09/22/10 - Biometrics Letter Received

09/23/10 - Biometrics Walk-in / EAD Approved / Card Production Ordered

10/02/10 - EAD Card Received

10/05/10 - Interview Letter Received (Nov 5)

11/05/10 - Passed Interview / GC Production Ordered

11/18/10 - GC Received

The End.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

From visajourney time recently most people take 4-5 months. Same shows on USCIS website. There are a few it seems that are on 6 months.

Thanks Inky! It looks that it is taking longer now... :( As you see in my other posts, it's been a month and we are still waiting for the receipt notice...

Timeline

filed aos aug 3 and got the receipt on the 16th. still waiting for my biometrics letter till now.

WOW, all the centers seems to be faster than Texas, or they have just lost our packages... at this time (one month and no news) I can expect everything!!! Hope you receive the biometrics letter soon!

Timeline

Thanks Inky! It looks that it is taking longer now... :( As you see in my other posts, it's been a month and we are still waiting for the receipt notice...

I'm sorry but forgot to ask... is that 4-5 months from the time you receive the receipt notice or the whole thing? My husband called USCIS and they said we should keep waiting because it may take 30-45 work days to issue the notices... Thanks again!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

** moved from "Adjustment of Status (Green Card) from Family Based Visas" to "Adjustment of Status from Work, Student, & Tourist Visas" as you are adjusting from a visa other than a K1, K2, K3 & K4 which the prior forum is for**

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/138-adjustment-of-status-case-filing-and-progress-reports/

Hey Mary, you can head on over here to the progress report subforum and compare your case with other recent filers. Most of the people on this forum (or at least this last summer) were filing based on a marriage, so they sent theirs to the Chicago Lockbox, and might not be able to advise too much (but hey, you never know). I am guessing that Dallas is more busy than Chicago, so it would take longer to get the receipts, but only hazarding a guess here. Good luck!

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/138-adjustment-of-status-case-filing-and-progress-reports/

Hey Mary, you can head on over here to the progress report subforum and compare your case with other recent filers. Most of the people on this forum (or at least this last summer) were filing based on a marriage, so they sent theirs to the Chicago Lockbox, and might not be able to advise too much (but hey, you never know). I am guessing that Dallas is more busy than Chicago, so it would take longer to get the receipts, but only hazarding a guess here. Good luck!

Thank you Harpa! I'll move the post! I just did not realize it was for other type of filing!!! Best!

No, you are in the right forum!! I just wanted to point out that there is a subforum where people compare timelines more (it took me a while to fgure that out myself). You did nothing wrong, just wanting to let you know there is a more specific forum that might help you more. There you can find all the August or September filers in one spot and compare timelines.

Your case is slightly different from the majority of the other people in this (correct) forum, but you are still in the right place! Good luck!

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

No, you are in the right forum!! I just wanted to point out that there is a subforum where people compare timelines more (it took me a while to fgure that out myself). You did nothing wrong, just wanting to let you know there is a more specific forum that might help you more. There you can find all the August or September filers in one spot and compare timelines.

Your case is slightly different from the majority of the other people in this (correct) forum, but you are still in the right place! Good luck!

Oh Ok, thank you! and sorry for the confusion!!! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Check out our timeline under my post here.. we filed (from California) in the beginning of July, and it took about 2 and a half months from start to interview.

From reading other posts, it seems like Texas is taking longer than everywhere else,

Good Luck! :)

........January 2009: Michael & Leanne got engaged! t4527.gif

........May 26, 2009: Filed I-129F!

...Februay 04, 2010: Michael attended interview with Leanne... APPROVED!!!!!!!!

.......April 14, 2010: Wedding on the sand at Salt Creek Beach in Dana Point, CA :D

........July 06, 2010: Mailed AOS package

........July 08, 2010: Received in Chicago

........July 14, 2010: Check was cashed

........July 15, 2010: Received text & email that app. was received

........July 17, 2010: Received NOA1 dated 7-14-10, our 3-month wedding anniversary :)

........July 19, 2010: "Touch"..biometrics appt. letter mailed (I-485 & I-765)

.....August 02, 2010: Biometrics appointment

.....August 03, 2010: "Touch" on I-485 & I-765

.....August 11, 2010: Notice of Interview date

.....August 26, 2010: Touches on I-131 & I-765, production of EAD card ordered

.....August 31, 2010: I-131 Travel Doc. approved, EAD production ordered (again)

September 04, 2010: Received EAD card & AP Documents in the mail! (both dated 8/26)

September 20, 2010: AOS Interview...APPROVED!!!

usabig.gifbig_heart_beating.gifukbig.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.