1,485 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Easy to say take up a hobby because you are with your SO. I am sure the rest of us would feel the same way too if we were in the same position :)

Well to be fair, I've read lots of people give the same advice. Also, NOT being with your SO probably means you have more time to dedicate to a hobby. That's why I recommended it...

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Let's all worry & post the more IMPORTANT things, like providing info on any updates regarding our petitions or sharing information about phone calls to USCIS. We all understand each other's frustrations, but all we can do is be patient and just wait. Stay positive and good thing's will happen. BE HAPPY PEOPLE! Because being angry and frustrated EVERYDAY won't help your cause.....Good luck to everyone!

“We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well to be fair, I've read lots of people give the same advice. Also, NOT being with your SO probably means you have more time to dedicate to a hobby. That's why I recommended it...

Well I need a lot more hobbies because it's not working :(

I have since taught myself to knit and crochet. I am working on my masters full-time, and working 35 hours a week and it doesn't make anything any easier. Shopping and remodeling my home doesn't help. Can anyone suggest something new???

Let's all worry & post the more IMPORTANT things, like providing info on any updates regarding our petitions or sharing information about phone calls to USCIS. We all understand each other's frustrations, but all we can do is be patient and just wait. Stay positive and good thing's will happen. BE HAPPY PEOPLE! Because being angry and frustrated EVERYDAY won't help your cause.....Good luck to everyone!

Can't provide something you don't have. No touches, to date. Phone calls are a lost cause unless you are over the 5 month mark.

07/02/10-K1 Mailed

07/06/10-CSC Received

07/12/10-NOA1 Issued

07/14/10-Touched

07/15/10-Check Cleared

07/16/10-NOA1 Hardcopy

07/21/10-Touched

11/19/10-Touched

11/20/10-Touched

11/22/10-Touched

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey everyone! I am new to posting, but I have been stalking to boards for months now :) This site has been such a blessing, I can't imagine how anyone does this without using VJ as a resource! We got caught in the crazy CSC "stoppage" by a matter of days... sent our I-129F to the CSC May 24, NOA1 of June 3, with a last touch date of 6/10/2010... it has been very hard (as you all know!) We made wedding plans for the end of January and I am in an absolute panic that everything won't be processed in time... I guess all we can do is think good thoughts and hope that the CSC suddenly returns to it's formerly speedy self! I am very nervous that the holidays will hit and there with be no interview/processing in dec and jan... sigh. i just wish he could live here while all of this happens. Sorry for a rather useless "poor me" rant... probably not the best impression to start with on the VJ site, huh? haha. much love and luck to everyone else who is waiting... at least there is skype, right?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey everyone! I am new to posting, but I have been stalking to boards for months now :) This site has been such a blessing, I can't imagine how anyone does this without using VJ as a resource! We got caught in the crazy CSC "stoppage" by a matter of days... sent our I-129F to the CSC May 24, NOA1 of June 3, with a last touch date of 6/10/2010... it has been very hard (as you all know!) We made wedding plans for the end of January and I am in an absolute panic that everything won't be processed in time... I guess all we can do is think good thoughts and hope that the CSC suddenly returns to it's formerly speedy self! I am very nervous that the holidays will hit and there with be no interview/processing in dec and jan... sigh. i just wish he could live here while all of this happens. Sorry for a rather useless "poor me" rant... probably not the best impression to start with on the VJ site, huh? haha. much love and luck to everyone else who is waiting... at least there is skype, right?

First welcome aboard (although technically you are not a june filer! :lol: lots of July high-jackers here B-) ....second, no worries on the rant, we all feel it. I too, had hopes of Jan wedding, and getting my fam here by Christmas. We are rapidly approaching the time where that may not happen, and frankly its killing me. My Fiancee and I have an 18 month old daughter, and my Fin is 3.5 months pregnant, so we have not only our lives riding on the CSC, but the lives of our children. I certainly hope that the CSC gets its A$$ in gear...the lack of ANY recent approvals for VJ'ers is frankly disconcerting. I did lodge an inquiry with my Senator to investigate the lack of approvals, and even though I am not beyond 5 months her staff said they would look into :star: So, I will post up when I hear back.

keep the faith, may the force be with you, etc etc.

Edited by idaho_and_surigao

01-June-2010 I-129F Filed CSC Finally!!!!! After almost three years and 1 baby! Its a great day!

08-June-2010 NOA1

11-June-2010 'touched'

25-October-2010 NOA2

01-November-2010 NVC Received

03-November-2010 Placed into AP at NVC : (

18-November-2010 Case Sent to Manila 18 days in AP..not too bad!

6-7 December- 2010 Medical at SLCC...PASSED!Thank you Lord!

20-December-2010 Interview, USEM VISA APPROVED!

3-Jan-2011, Visa received

12-Jan-2011, POE SEATTLE WASHINGTON USA

11-Feb-2011, Married in Minneapolis MN : )

Timeline

Hey everyone! I am new to posting, but I have been stalking to boards for months now :) T

and....again...welcome aboard...BUT.....

Pretty PLEASE update your timeline :bonk:

Edited by idaho_and_surigao

01-June-2010 I-129F Filed CSC Finally!!!!! After almost three years and 1 baby! Its a great day!

08-June-2010 NOA1

11-June-2010 'touched'

25-October-2010 NOA2

01-November-2010 NVC Received

03-November-2010 Placed into AP at NVC : (

18-November-2010 Case Sent to Manila 18 days in AP..not too bad!

6-7 December- 2010 Medical at SLCC...PASSED!Thank you Lord!

20-December-2010 Interview, USEM VISA APPROVED!

3-Jan-2011, Visa received

12-Jan-2011, POE SEATTLE WASHINGTON USA

11-Feb-2011, Married in Minneapolis MN : )

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

That is ridiculous.. I know many of us are waiting and going crazy I just want to get the NOA2 and into the NVC to consulates hands! That way I know that the CSC is done!

Completed:

• Green card: May 10, 2011
  • Sent: October 1, 2015
  • Cashd: October 8, 2015
  • NOA: October 6,2015
  • Fprints: 10/30/15
  • In Line: 11/05/2015
  • Int Ltr: 12/17/2015
    Interview: 01/25/2016
  • Oath: 04/14/2016
  • Field Office: Denver

A word of warning to some of you. Watch what hobby or task you start to preoccupy your mind. I have my NOA2 now and I am waiting for the wall to dry so I can paint a second coat.... still more to paint. LOL

Timeline

I too had a long span of time between my last touch (June 16th) and my NOA2 (Sept 14th). Finally got my NOA2 in mail yesterday (Sept 20). I can relate to many of you in regards to the long waiting period. I have a lot of emotion involved in this process, which probably added to my impatience with USCIS. Now that I have my NOA2 in hand I feel so much more relaxed. Your day is coming soon for many of you, maybe this week. - Dave

yay!congrats!:dance: im happy to know at least some of us still get approvals!:D

good luck on the interview!:blush:

♥Timeline♥

AOS

03-11-2011: mailed AOS packet

03-14-2011: AOS packet received

04-16-11:USCIS lost our I485 forms thus received EAD rejection notice

04-18-11: mailed AOS packet AGAIN

04-19-11:AOS packet received by S. Bush

04-29-11: NOA1 hardcopies for I485 and I765 received :)

05-12-11:Successful walk in biometrics

05-25-11:email notification received stating interview on 6/24

05-27-11:hardcopy for interview received

06-24-11:done with interview.no approval yet

06-25-11: received EAD card

06-29-11:email received AOS approved and green card is on its way! yay! :)

96050467.png

heart_emo.gif

Well I need a lot more hobbies because it's not working :(

Me too. Me. Too.

I already know that I have 8 days until he visits (yay), 85 days until I visit him (bah), the day he leaves his visit will be 100 days since we've filed, then we have x amount of days until the NoA2, x amount of days until the interview, x amount of days until the PoE.....

I need a hobby that doesn't involve countdowns.

Naturalization Process (FINALLY!)

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.02.14 - Packet received at the Lewisville Texas Center

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

06.13.14 - Biometrics letter received

07.02.14 - Biometrics appointment

07.07.14 - In line

07.17.14 - 'Yellow Paper' date

09.10.14 - Interview scheduled NOA date

10.15.14 - Interview date

10.15.14 - RFE (missing documentation)

10.21.14 - RFE response received in NYC facility

11.04.14 - Oath ceremony scheduled, approved!

11.19.14 - Oath ceremony (8:30am) in Brooklyn - Completed! DONE WITH USCIS!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I am a May filer and have a touch after my NOA1 on 06-07-10.. I know exactly how you feel!:devil:

Completed:

• Green card: May 10, 2011
  • Sent: October 1, 2015
  • Cashd: October 8, 2015
  • NOA: October 6,2015
  • Fprints: 10/30/15
  • In Line: 11/05/2015
  • Int Ltr: 12/17/2015
    Interview: 01/25/2016
  • Oath: 04/14/2016
  • Field Office: Denver

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Never get 'touch' ever since, its still Initial Review from June 14, a little panic but what can we do? finding a hobby will be a great idea. But at least we have something to wait for and november is getting closer. looking forward to call USCIS in november :whistle:

Never get 'touch' ever since, its still Initial Review from June 14, a little panic but what can we do? finding a hobby will be a great idea. But at least we have something to wait for and november is getting closer. looking forward to call USCIS in november :whistle:

No need to panic, at least you know we're all in the same boat and it's not just your application not receiving a reply. Misery loves company, right?

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

07.07.14 - In line

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Everyone!!

So how's everybody? patiently waiting like me? Well, actually i'm starting to pull all my hair out LOL! just kidding! :P

Anyway, I've seen some of VJ member filed at CSC getting their approvals (still not June filer though) Well atleast it's good to know that CSC is back to work now, Let's keep on praying guys! It's been almost 3-4mos already!!!! :(

Godbless!!!

02/21/11: POE L.A.

03/04/11: Applied for SSI

04/01/11: passed actual Driving test!

04/08/11 Wedding Day

04/28/11: AOS packet sent USPS

04/29/20: AOS received by J.C (Chicago)

05/04/11: Tx message from USCIS that application rec'v

05/04/11: check cashed $1,070 whew!

05/23/11: Biometrics Appt @ 2pm

06/07/11: USCIS text notification

07/09/11: Interview/ AOS Approved!/ Card production tx notice

qTJr.jpgbnzFm7.png

I'm frustrated, but hanging in there. He visits me a week from tomorrow! He is really prepared with paperwork and is even dressing up to look more respectable haha (to be honest it's mainly because he hopes to be bumped to business class). Sadly it's just 9 days then we start yet another countdown.

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

07.07.14 - In line

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.