Obama 2012

Intolerant People Who Call People "Bigots"

295 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Those of you know who you are. Stop calling people who disagree with you bigots.

Stop calling people bigots who dare to say something against whatever precious belief you have.

Just because someone disagrees, has a differing opinion, doesn't like something, etc. DOES NOT MAKE THEM A BIGOT.

You sound like more of an intolerant fool than those who you accuse of being said 'bigots.'

Enough if enough.

Edited by Paul and Vanessa

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

IBTL

No Paul

A bigot does and say bigoted things. If you get called out, its because of that reason alone. Have you gotten called on this?

If so, why? Use proper context and stop whining. Its something that bigots do all the time and I am sure you aren't one, right? ;)

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Timeline

IBTL

No Paul

A bigot does and say bigoted things. If you get called out, its because of that reason alone. Have you gotten called on this?

If so, why? Use proper context and stop whining. Its something that bigots do all the time and I am sure you aren't one, right? ;)

No there are certain people that think just because someone 'opposes' something, that they are a bigot.

We are seeing it a lot on these forums in the past few days.

Someone says a Mosque may not be a good idea, they get called a 'bigot' as retaliation. It's pathetic really.

Just because you don't like something, doesn't make you a bigot. It doesn't even make you intolerant. There's a lot more to intolerant and bigotry than just opposing a singular item.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Timeline

No there are certain people that think just because someone 'opposes' something, that they are a bigot.

We are seeing it a lot on these forums in the past few days.

Someone says a Mosque may not be a good idea, they get called a 'bigot' as retaliation. It's pathetic really.

Just because you don't like something, doesn't make you a bigot. It doesn't even make you intolerant. There's a lot more to intolerant and bigotry than just opposing a singular item.

I think those people have explained their reasoning on more than one occasion. If you feel they are doing so incorrectly, point to specific examples, making sure you don't miss their reasoning.

Intolerance of bigotry IS A GOOD THING. There should not be any reasonable place in any modern society, because bigotry is not logical nor reasonable human behavior. Having the right to be an idiot is fine, just remember that being an idiot is still being an idiot.

Bigots have a tendency to hide behind false arguments because they are cowards.

A certain poster has a notorious history of trying to negate data or facts with bigot claims or racist accusations.

Like his child-like reaction years ago to posting government data illustrating that the same group of people that make up 12% of the country's population, account for over 50% of the nations gang members.

Edited by Heracles

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Timeline

I think those people have explained their reasoning on more than one occasion. If you feel they are doing so incorrectly, point to specific examples, making sure you don't miss their reasoning.

Intolerance of bigotry IS A GOOD THING. There should not be any reasonable place in any modern society, because bigotry is not logical nor reasonable human behavior. Having the right to be an idiot is fine, just remember that being an idiot is still being an idiot.

:lol: you understand nothing of human nature. We are all different. We are all naturally opposed to those who are different than we are.

Those who want to silence 'hate speech' and alleged 'bigots' are by definition 'bigots' themselves.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

So what are people who solely rely on witty comments and bigot labels? Smart? Riight.

Hey, whatever helps you sleep at night.

:lol: you understand nothing of human nature. We are all different. We are all naturally opposed to those who are different than we are.

Those who want to silence 'hate speech' and alleged 'bigots' are by definition 'bigots' themselves.

Quite true, as the notion that we are all the same is probably the most ignorant generalization ever.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

A certain poster has a notorious history of trying to negate data or facts with bigot claims or racist accusations.

Like his child-like reaction years ago to posting government data illustrating that the same group of people that make up 12% of the country's population, account for over 50% of the nations gang members.

Which one are you?

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Speaking of cowards, what about people who ignore others for years and report people at a moments notice?

What about people who used to personally insult others, on a forum, but dance around when asked to say it to meet up and say it their face?

Oh that's right, they then become crazy stalkers; basically another label. All while never actually answering, for example, why one demographic has 20 to 30 times the homicide rate per capita of others. Actually, you then weaseled your way out using socioeconomics and other generic excuses.

Edited by Heracles

Timeline

We certainly are all different- this is why bigots, mentally challenged individuals that fear that which is different to them- in a very historical pattern.

Ummm Paul, that's why I use the conditional concept of 'should.' Are you also now, on top of more scientist that scientists, more lawyer than lawyer, more large than large... a philosopher, sociologist, AND psychologist?

Lucky guy to be envied I guess! :rofl: How do you do it brother?

Certainly true, your concept of bigotry of bigots. Right on the money with that one. You yourself defend racist language usage on the merits of it being merely language, completely devoid of context- put context into it if you dare. Of course you won't, since that will instantly autodefine you as that which you defend by virtue of right.

Note how I do not wish to silence anyone. Never have I said this. If you wish yo make this claim, prove it.

I simply have no tolerance for blockheads that hate others. Does that mean I think they should be silenced? Of course not. They should learn instead.

I simply have no tolerance for blockheads that hate others. Does that mean I think they should be silenced? Of course not. They should learn instead.

What about people who refuse to accept reality? Or people who play dumb, when the data is staring them right in the face. Are they "blockheads"?

Better yet, people who act as if they are smarter than everyone else, yet refuse to compare and contrast qualifications.

Paul would have had a good laugh during the old days of VJ.

Edited by Heracles

I'm thinking this might be a contender for the stupidest VJ thread ever - it certainly has that potential :)

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

I'm thinking this might be a contender for the stupidest VJ thread ever - it certainly has that potential :)

Yep.

Side note- do you think that bigots need any kind of mental treatment? IMO the ones that hide their bigotry, or accuse those intolerant of bigotry as being somehow worse than their own affront to common decency... definitely need the attentions of a good shrink.

Check Pubmed for such things as 'Internet Delusions' and you'll think you can classify many of these crazies quite well. Kind of creepy how wacked out some people are.

I must admit to being quite surprised by the word 'Bigot' being bandied around so freely to those who don't happen to agree on a certain subject. To the handful of people here who have branded me a bigot, if you actually knew me you would know that is laughable.