40 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Well, we took it in to get it fixed and they refused to do it immediately, apparently it was "just not that easy" according to the attendant who told us we would not be able to wait for it to be issued. Then she continued to tell us that it should be done by midday for DHL to send it...

So it can't be done but it will be done. I'm falling in love with this system more and more every day. Let's hope that it gets fixed fast because if it doesn't my fiancée will have a visa that we can't use because the credit card is maxed out with the tickets that we bought.

Oh darn. I had pointed out that talking with a 'Peruvian Staffer' would be pointless, and must instead get 'Consular Official' , a US Citizen.

It's good you two were able to go together though - I had missed the part where yer actually there.

Still, sounds bizarre that you two can't get back in there, and pick it up in Person. DHL? What? no no no... I say go back and be a pest until you get Consular Official, a USCitizen, in front of you.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

Well, ####### now I'm panicking for you too. So since I'm here, CHANNEL YOUR PANIC TO ME so you can proceed with a clear head. :)

I'd suggest doing what Darnell says; a lot of his advice is sound.

Come to think of it... this kind of disservice is what we pay an arm and a leg for? Sheesh. :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Is there no way to deal with the airline? A lot of them can be, if not good, at least not completely unreasonable about having to shift flight times around in response to unforseeable and uncontrollable delays. Have you tried talking to them? The first-line phone droids probably won't be much help, but the second-tier supervisors and managers have a certain amount of discretion about fixing and moving flight times if you have a good excuse (and you do) and make a big enough pain of yourself (which you should). :)

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Timeline

Is there no way to deal with the airline? A lot of them can be, if not good, at least not completely unreasonable about having to shift flight times around in response to unforseeable and uncontrollable delays. Have you tried talking to them? The first-line phone droids probably won't be much help, but the second-tier supervisors and managers have a certain amount of discretion about fixing and moving flight times if you have a good excuse (and you do) and make a big enough pain of yourself (which you should). :)

Have you ever flown with Spirit Airlines? ...hehe

I could try but we won't know until Tuesday. Realistically, we should have the visa by then, but I would rather not gamble so much on the people who entered the erronous data in the first place.

I'm trying to channel the frustration, friend, but I'm not sure how it works exactly...

Timeline

Oh darn. I had pointed out that talking with a 'Peruvian Staffer' would be pointless, and must instead get 'Consular Official' , a US Citizen.

It's good you two were able to go together though - I had missed the part where yer actually there.

Still, sounds bizarre that you two can't get back in there, and pick it up in Person. DHL? What? no no no... I say go back and be a pest until you get Consular Official, a USCitizen, in front of you.

I'm afraid that now that they have the passport and visa they wouldn't let us enter. Then there is the fact that they insist on only attending to such issues between 9-10am and they only accept calls from 2-3pm

This is a case where she has to get insistent once she gets the Consular Official's attention.

I hope the OP's fiancée's flight is not in a day or two.

If there is someone there who will listen, it will get done.

Unfortunately that doesn't always happen in every consulate.

Many beneficiaries would panic, this is something very likely to happen.

Unfortunately, this is a time for the beneficiary to take action and take it quickly.

My wife was lucky to have me there for the pre-interview preparation, although

I was not in Thailand for the interview. She was perfectly capable of doing the

police report & medical exam without me, but she made me feel like I was

indispensable to be there for them because this was a big leap of faith

she was making, a complete change in her life.

Edited by thongd4me

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Timeline

I'm afraid that now that they have the passport and visa they wouldn't let us enter. Then there is the fact that they insist on only attending to such issues between 9-10am and they only accept calls from 2-3pm

Ah - but you, a USC, can get in - stress 'emergency' at the door, don't stop until you get a USCitizen in front of you. YOU , solely, this time, for this afternoon.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Ah - but you, a USC, can get in - stress 'emergency' at the door, don't stop until you get a USCitizen in front of you. YOU , solely, this time, for this afternoon.

I called. I will get sick if I hear the words "cannot garauntee" again. After having a spanish-speaking operator raise her voice and repeatedly interrupt me I told her "do not cut me off again when I'm talking, and if you can't do so transfer me to an american supervisor immediately." She transferred me.

I was told that all visas which have to be reprinted go through a top-secret security process that can only be done during 24 business-day hours and that the visa has been corrected and should be printed on Monday. So if things go as they should--and they didn't the first time around--we might be able to pick up the visa from DHL a few short hours before the plane leaves.

Timeline

so 'no going in' for you. OK !

IMO, physical presence is a big thing, is 'different queue' for resolution, always.

Timeline

federal.

Filed: Country: Japan
Timeline

You need to call and reschedule your flight right now!

Rescheduling a flight is much cheaper than cancelling and booking a new flight.

Get on the phone to your airline and skip the customer service operator and go directly to a supervisor. If you are lucky they may waive the rescheduling fees (usually $100 per ticket for most major American carriers).

Better safe than sorry. I would not want to risk a window of a few hours when dealing with the government.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Have you ever flown with Spirit Airlines? ...hehe

I could try but we won't know until Tuesday. Realistically, we should have the visa by then, but I would rather not gamble so much on the people who entered the erronous data in the first place.

I'm trying to channel the frustration, friend, but I'm not sure how it works exactly...

You can change the tickets with Spirit for $100 or $110 each ticket (depending on how you booked the tickets) "within 24 hours of departure time, provided that they can travel within 2 calendar days of their originally scheduled flight".

Call Spirit Airlines and you might be able to get the fee waived based on your circumstance.

http://www.spiritair.com/DRS.aspx

----CHANGES / MODIFICATIONS ----

Changes and or modifications conducted within 45 minutes of the original booking being made will not incur any fees or charges (except in the case that there is a fare difference required) for the change or modification.

Changes and modifications to GDS generated PNRs can be made at www.spiritair.com for a fee of $100.00, whereas changes and modifications made via the GDS or via the Spirit Airlines reservation or sales support desk will incur a $110.00 change fee. Changes / modifications done to GDS PNRs at www.spiritair.com will NOT send back the change message to the GDS PNR via the system.

Effective, October 30, 2007, customers will be able to request changes to their reservation within 24 hours of departure time, provided that they can travel within 2 calendar days of their originally scheduled flight. The customer or agency MUST cancel or change the reservation prior to departure or the reservation will lose all value.

Travel agents must contact Spirit Airlines directly if the change request is made within 24 hours of flight departure at 800-772-7117. Outside of 24 hours travel agents can make changes and/or modifications via their GDS or at www.spiritair.com.

A new SSR payment message is required each time a new or additional segment is added, changed or modified on an existing reservation.

Any remaining balance of the unused ticket will be put on a Reservation Credit, which can be used within a one year period for future travel.

Changes within 24 hours of departure time:

Non-Refundable Reservations

Customers with non-refundable reservations must pay the $110 change fee via Reservations/Airports/Travel Agents or $100 for online bookings, plus any fare difference. The customer must choose an available flight within two (2) calendar days of the originally-booked flight. If all flights are full during that time period, Spirit reserves the right to decline any further accommodation.

Refundable Reservations

Customers will continue to have flexibility when modifying their reservations as there is no time requirement for modifying. Customers can make changes at any time to their refundable reservation without the $110/$100 change fee. If applicable, the customer will need to pay the fare difference.

The revision to the 24 hour policy is for customers making modifications to their reservation. Situations out of the customers’ control such as irregular flight operations (cancellations, mechanical delays, etc.) and misconnects are still handled separately under different criteria and policy.

All changes must be made with a Credit Card. Please review the Form of Payment section for the proper SSR messaging for your specific GDS.

Hi, i'm sorry to hijack this thread but i have a question. I recently passed my interview in London and have recieved the visa back in my passport which i and my fiancee are over the moon about, but ive been reading different things on here and have just read this particular thread and think that something maybe wrong with the visa in my passport. Basically under 'annotation' on the visa all i have is 'A#' and then some numbers...no name of petitioner or anything..is this correct? maybe ive just completely misunderstood the topic of this thread, i would appreciate it if someone could shed any light on this for me, thankyou

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.