Sleepytiger

5 month process time I-130?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Hello All,

First time on visajourney and the reason for me coming on here is to find out if my visa processing time is something to worry about or not. I'm married to an American citizen and have been for a year and a half now, we submitted our I-130 on the 22nd of March this year and followed that with a I-129 on June the 5th of this year, my wife is in Ohio right now and I'm in the UK and that's where we were when we made the petition, it has been 4 months and 7 days shy of the 5 month target given out on the UCIS website and the only change in our status was the removal of the two stages for "requset for evidence & testing/interview" but nothing since that change on the 15th of the June.

Does anyone have a simular experience and am I getting rattled for no good reason over the time taken for our visa to be processed?

Regards,

Wayne.

Hello All,

First time on visajourney and the reason for me coming on here is to find out if my visa processing time is something to worry about or not. I'm married to an American citizen and have been for a year and a half now, we submitted our I-130 on the 22nd of March this year and followed that with a I-129 on June the 5th of this year, my wife is in Ohio right now and I'm in the UK and that's where we were when we made the petition, it has been 4 months and 7 days shy of the 5 month target given out on the UCIS website and the only change in our status was the removal of the two stages for "requset for evidence & testing/interview" but nothing since that change on the 15th of the June.

Does anyone have a simular experience and am I getting rattled for no good reason over the time taken for our visa to be processed?

Regards,

Wayne.

Hello Wayne,

You may wanna join the March Filers at http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/247249-march-2010-cr1-filers/ to get an idea of how the USCIS is processing similar applications filed around the same time.

Good luck!

USCIS journey
07/30/2010 I-130 sent
08/13/2010 NOA1
11/02/2010 Transferred to TSC
01/13/2011 NOA2 (approved in 5 months and 2 days since NOA1)
01/21/2011 Received hard copy of NOA2

USCIS journey completed in 155 days [165 days since priority date]

02/08/2011 TSC shipped approved petition to NVC

NVC journey (after 1 months and 5 days since approval)
02/17/2011 NVC case number assigned & invoice number given
02/18/2011 Emailed DS-3032
02/23/2011 Paid AOS
02/24/2011 DS-3032 accepted, received confirmation email.
02/24/2011 AOS fee marked as PAID
02/25/2011 AOS package sent
02/25/2011 IV fee invoiced and paid
02/28/2011 IV marked as paid, IV package sent
03/15/2011 SIF!!!
03/16/2011 Case complete!
03/25/2011 Interview date assigned
04/11/2011 Medical- DONE!!!!

05/10/2011 Interview - approved!

05/12/2011 Visa received by courier
06/06/2011 POE Dublin
07/05/2011 Welcome letter received
07/25/2011 Received GREEN CARD!

08/01/2011 Social security by mail

11/09/2011 Driver licence in hand! Wooo hooo wink.png

ROC
15/04/2013 ROC docs sent to Vermont

03/05/2013 NOA1 received

05/10/2013 Biometrics letter received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello All,

Regards,

Wayne.

Yeah, USCIS is getting really slow right now, you re not the only march filer without your approval. The bad thing is if you call USCIS, they will tell you to wait at least the end of the 5 months timeline before calling them again...

NVC:

Case number assigned : 10/12/2010

IIN received: 10/21/2010

paid AOS bill: 10/22/2010

Sent AOS: 10/25/2010

paid IV bill: 10/28/2010

Received confirmation COA: 10/28/2010

Sent IV+DS230: 10/29/2010

AOS entered in the system: 11/08/2010

IV entered in the system: 11/12/2010

Stupid RFE on birth certificate: 11/24/2010

Send German birth certificate : 11/26/2010

German birth certificate received by NVC : 11/29/2010

RFE entered in the system : 12/07/2010

SIF: 12/15/2010

Case complete: 12/16/2010

Holiday in Martinique with my wonderful wife : 12/31/2010

Interview : 02/22/2011

Visa in hand : 02/28/2011

POE DALLAS : 03/01/2011

Timeline

I didn't realise there was March filers! I will go look it up now, thanks for all your help so far.... I have phoned them on several occasions and the response was "you will hear something this month!" that being August but it does smell like a brush off. They are sooooo slow in issuing Visa, I can only assume they are inundated with petitions.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Thank you very much

blue-flying-dragon.gif

I've just browsed through the 2nd link about admin closed, we filed our I-130 & I-129 at seperate dates but they told us they are going to process them as normal, I'm hoping we're an exception to the rule.

Your English typing skill are just fine... :yes:

Timeline

Ya, tell yer wife that is high probability that the I-129F will be administratively closed at NVC, as the two casefiles will travel together from USCIS into NVC.

She'll need to do some NVC processing for the CR-1 visa - suggest you email this page to her (link below to email)

DS-230 - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3190.html

I-864 - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3730.html

General NVC stuff - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1335.html

slinging stuff through NVC when utilising the online payment portal - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/221785-ds-3032-slowdown/page__view__findpost__p__3560467

Good Luck, however it turns out !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Ya, tell yer wife that is high probability that the I-129F will be administratively closed at NVC, as the two casefiles will travel together from USCIS into NVC.

She'll need to do some NVC processing for the CR-1 visa - suggest you email this page to her (link below to email)

DS-230 - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3190.html

I-864 - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3730.html

General NVC stuff - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1335.html

slinging stuff through NVC when utilising the online payment portal - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/221785-ds-3032-slowdown/page__view__findpost__p__3560467

Good Luck, however it turns out !

I'm not sure we are applying for the same visa here, but I will decuss this with my wife and show her your information, and I would like to wish you all the best too.

Thank you so much for your help, it's nice to meet helpful people such as yourself.

Timeline

oh - you'll be applying for a CR-1 or IR-1 visa, I'll bet you a short hogshead of ale on it.

You two have a plan of applying for the K-3 visa. K-3 visas are not 'so available' anymore, NVC administratively closes the I-129F when it comes across from USCIS, so the I-130 comes in to NVC, the two of you will be doing further NVC processing for an Immigration Visa Application (DS-230) culminating in a CR-1 or IR-1 visa.

Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell

• 4 weeks later...

Hello All,

Regards,

Wayne.

I noticed to those two buttons are gone when I check for my status to no clue what that means....

Never cut a tree down in the wintertime. Never make a negative decision in the low time. Never make your most important decisions when you are in your worst moods. Wait. Be patient. The storm will pass. The spring will come.

Robert H. Schuller

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.