15 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

Girl says family forced her into prostitution

14-year-old's grandmother and mother arrested

By BRIAN ROGERS

HOUSTON CHRONICLE

Aug. 13, 2010, 12:13AM

A 14-year-old girl suspected of prostitution told police her mother and grandmother, both convicted prostitutes, forced her to sell her body to pay their living expenses, prosecutors said on Thursday.

Alicia Melchor, 33, and Elizabeth Buford, 55, were arrested Tuesday on charges of compelling prostitution after the girl led police to a motel room after they picked her up on Telephone Road, prosecutors said.

The second-degree felony carries a maximum punishment of 20 years in prison, if the two are convicted.

The pair remained in the Harris County Jail on Thursday. The teen was not in custody.

Buford also was charged with possession of a small amount of heroin.

The teen was observed by police attempting to prostitute herself, said Donna Hawkins, a spokeswoman for the Harris County District Attorney's office.

"She gave a statement to police that her mother and grandmother required her to prostitute herself to pay for their living expenses," Hawkins said.

The girl's mother and grandmother each have several convictions for prostitution during the past 20 years.

Although familial relations are not uncommon in sex trade accusations, three generations of prostitutes is unusual, said Charlie Vasquez, a Lieutenant in HPD's vice division.

"I've never heard of anything like that," he said. "Generally, prostitution takes place after someone has been alienated from their family."

Vasquez said officers working with HPD's juvenile sex crimes division, not the Houston Police Department's vice squad, made the arrests. Calls to those officers were not returned Thursday.

Other vice officers said online advertisements for "mother and daughter" prostitutes also are not unusual.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7151453.html

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

This is so horrible. 14 years old...and who knows at what age they started pushing her to do that. I will never understand how humans can do some of the bad things they do to other humans. So, how a mother can do such harm to her own child is beyond me. And somewhere some idiot will tell this girl "but she's still your mother".. pppfffttt

Edited by Shal

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
The second-degree felony carries a maximum punishment of 20 years in prison, if the two are convicted.

Yet that little girl will be scarred for life.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

and teach....your children well......

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is so horrible. 14 years old...and who knows at what age they started pushing her to do that. I will never understand how humans can do some of the bad things they do to other humans. So, how a mother can do such harm to her own child is beyond me. And somewhere some idiot will tell this girl "but she's still your mother".. pppfffttt

It is disgusting the actions the mother and grandmother took.

Yes it is her mother and she will need to learn to live with that possibly forgiving her but this is the only way this child has a chance to heal and not make the choices her parent taught he to make.

Yet that little girl will be scarred for life.

She will be she IS.

I agree the if convicted the mother and grandmother need to face stiff penalties for the crimes but we need to ensure that no knee jerk law is formed needlessly and will not protect victims in anyway.

and teach....your children well......

Not sur eif it was humor here in this post.

It is true you can tell your children all you want but if you force choices on them good and bad and force them to tak actions good or bad this will teach them directly good or bad choices and actions.

If you do not lead them with your actions and choices they will learn indirectly from you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Not sur eif it was humor here in this post.

It is true you can tell your children all you want but if you force choices on them good and bad and force them to tak actions good or bad this will teach them directly good or bad choices and actions.

If you do not lead them with your actions and choices they will learn indirectly from you.

it's sarcasm. the line is a crosby stills and nash song that came to mind reading the story.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Alicia Melchor, 33, and Elizabeth Buford, 55 should be executed.

Edited by William33

Let's see here....

55 - 20 = 35

33 - 20 = 13

If both of those women have had multiple charges in the last 20 years, that means little Alicia watched mommy prostitute herself from a very young age. I'm guessing Gma Elizabeth established this as a way of life quite a long time ago and most likely, was no stranger to it as a kid herself.

So, why is it any surprise that now, grown up Alicia is pushing this upon her daughter, 13? Isn't this "normal" in their lives?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

what a great analogy.... do you have children??? :bonk::bonk:

Yes I do but so what??

I do not see a connection. Neither I, nor my wife, are involved in prostitution...

If my daughter follows my chosen career path, she would go into Information Technology and that is just fine with me.

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

:( savages

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

juvenile sex crimes division YAY ! They're gonna slam the mother and grandmother, you betcha !!!

f*cktards, both of them.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

juvenile sex crimes division YAY ! They're gonna slam the mother and grandmother, you betcha !!!

f*cktards, both of them.

Texas justice will be hard on them. :wow: when they are in TDC, the inmates will probably kill them both :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

if the DA can figure out how to stretch charges to cover 'human trafficking' (sp) then it's gonna be some major federal doodoo for these two. I wish him/her (the DA) well with the case.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !