Tracee76

how much is enough to show in bank for a 2 month visa

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

I assume you are the person in the US and the sister-in-law wants to come here to visit? If so you do not need to show any evidence nor do anything. A tourist visa is issued based upon the evidence of the person applying for it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You can send a letter of invitation stating you will pay, but it has little bearing on the approval of a tourist visa. Can she show other ties to her home country, such as husband and small kids staying home, job she has to go back to, ownership of house or business? That would help a possible approval.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Timeline

yes she is married with a teen and they own land..but as to show money in the bank so the interviewer can see she has means to suppor her trip...that she doesnt have...so we wanted to know how much we should have to show them...like send our bankstatments or something. she is from nigeria.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

$100 a day plus airfare is a good guide for a tourist. Can be a lot more, depends on what you are doing.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

With regards to money in the bank requirement, most places I see a common theme that you need to show several statements worth of bank account information. If you are using your banking assets as evidence, the general idea is to show at least 3 months of bank balances and statements to satisfy this tie.

The reason for 3 months is because it helps prove the money didn't come out of thin air. That is you could wire money to your in-laws today in Nigeria and they could take that proof to the tourist visa interview tomorrow. However, that money really came out of thin air and the consulate wants to be satisfied - so if you show 3 months worth it helps give the consulate more information to make a decision.

CR-1 Visa Was Approved :-)

Entry Date to USA: 2/3/2011

12-10-2012 - Sent off I-751 packet visa USPS

I751 Was approved - 10 Year GC was granted

N-400 Progress

4/10/2014: Package Mailed
4/11/2014: Package Received
4/14/2014: Notice Date
x/x/2014: Biometrics appointment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

To be granted a tourist visa the foreign has to show they are going to return to their home country. You can do that by a number of things, having a healthy sum of money in the bank is one way. In Nigeria that is usually between 20 and 30 thousand before you have much hope of using money alone as proof you will return. In a country where the average income is about 2k that is a LOT of money.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

man :(

Also not to add salt to your wounds but Naija is hard to get any visa let alone a tourist visa my brother in law has very strong ties to Naija he is a very prominent business man and he has applied for tourist visa twice to come to the USA and he was denied both time he is married with two children.,..However he gets approved for the UK without any problems he goes to the UK like every 6months. So good luck and pray alot

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

sorry, but its hard to get tourist visa from Nigeria, main reason is lot of them enter country on short term tourist visa and then end up staying illegally past the visa period.

US and UK embassy are very hesitant to issue visa in Nigeria.

Also money is one factor other is she will have to show strong ties to Nigeria and she will return back to Nigeria after visiting US.

Also the formula Boiler mentioned is not a fool proof, so it does not gurantee anything, but you can give a shot.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.