jrmejia

K-1 August 2010 VSC filer

781 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks, I appreciate your response. Sometimes you just need a good cry, ya know? It's cathartic.

The stupid thing about this though is that even if his visa was approved tomorrow, he couldn't move here until March 20th because thats exactly 90 days before the day we're planning the wedding. Long distance is just so damn hard!! :crying:

Why don't you have a quiet wedding in a courthouse if your visa is ready before the 20th of March?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hmm... I'll go immediately after the interview with my fiancé. Anyway, yes... sometimes you need to cry, at least... sometimes crying makes me feel better. But lately I do feel better, I'm confident, I don't know what's happening, maybe our NOA2's closer? :D

LOL, Ella, it's very confusing trying to talk to you in both the August filers thread and the Sept thread as well! :lol: You're so fast at responding!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

It's good to know that everyone has those days, because I know that I do. And I cry and get annoyed and think, is this all worth it? But it is! And Sunshine..love love love your optimism! (Another Sept crasher here btw!)

9/21/10--I-129F mailed to Dallas

9/29/10--NOA1 (email and text message)

9/29/10--Check cashed

10/1/10--NOA1 hardcopy received (dated 9/27 and sent to VSC)

10/3/10--Touched (everyone touched)

10/4/10--Touched!

04/19/11-NOA2!! (FINALLY! After 204 days)

Major change of plans - the wait was too long for us and I ended up moving to Croatia in June 2011.

Married 06/09/12 <3

9/3/12 - I-130 NOA1

Check out my blog about long distance love, expat life, cooking, healthy living... http://dreamofhometonight.blogspot.com

Timeline

Why don't you have a quiet wedding in a courthouse if your visa is ready before the 20th of March?

I've thought about this. I won't have to make a decision on it for awhile of course, depending on how things go. But I want my wedding to be my wedding, the waiting sucks but I'm thinking it would maybe be a little more bearable if the visa was all set to go and there were no uncertainties left. I don't know, maybe it would be worse. I guess we'll have to play it by ear.

Edit: for spelling

Edited by Amyyduck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

LOL, Ella, it's very confusing trying to talk to you in both the August filers thread and the Sept thread as well! :lol: You're so fast at responding!!

Oh, come on, hon, it's all about multitasking. :P Meet me on the September Filers Topic for another fast reply. :lol: I'm kidding. :P

It's good to know that everyone has those days, because I know that I do. And I cry and get annoyed and think, is this all worth it? But it is! And Sunshine..love love love your optimism! (Another Sept crasher here btw!)

Well, get ready to hear me say: We'll be approved soon! every single day until we get the NOA2. :D

27 NOV 2019 - I-129F mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

I've thought about this. I won't have to make a decision on it for awhile of course, depending on how things go. But I want my wedding to be my wedding, the waiting sucks but I'm thinking it would maybe be a little more bearable if the visa was all set to go and there were no uncertainties left. I don't know, maybe it would be worse. I guess we'll have to play it by ear.

Edit: for spelling

We're actually going to end up doing the same thing. Our wedding is scheduled for Nov of next year because I wanted a real wedding with invites, dress, reception etc. So we're doing a small traditional ceremony Bini style once he gets here then doing a hoopla enforced one in Nov. This way we meet the requirements and he can start working here sooner than later. The great thing is we get to pool our money together for the big shindig and also doesn't feel left out of the wedding planning because he'll actually be here to participate.

tumblr_l2zffoq44C1qc5x0yo1_400.jpg

My honey is NIGERIAN and I'm AMERICAN

K1 Journey

07/27/10 Mailed Petition

07/28/10 Petition received at VSC then forwarded to Lewisville, TX (received there 7/29/10)

08/02/10 NOA1 Notice date

08/06/10 Touched

08/07/10 Received NOA1 in mail

08/10/10 Touched

10/03/10 Touched

01/31/11 I-129F Petition APPROVED!!!

02/03/11 Received hard copy of NOA2 (although the envelope is stamped Feb 2...so only one day to get to me :) )

02/07/11 Arrived at NVC

02/07/11 MADE APPOINTMENTS FOR MEDICAL AND INTERVIEW. (Will post actual dates after they occur :) )

02/08/11 Left NVC

02/17/11 Medical

03/01/11 Interview (FH is in AP)

04/12/11 AP COMPLETED!!

04/13/11 FH notified to come to the embassy with his passport!

04/26/11 FH received Visa

04/29/11 FH Arrived in the US!!! JFK POE

06/08/11 MARRIED!

Timeline

The great thing is we get to pool our money together for the big shindig and also doesn't feel left out of the wedding planning because he'll actually be here to participate.

LOL, my fiance is actually thrilled to be "left out" of the wedding planning! There are a few key elements he wants to contribute to, of course, but other than those, in his opinion, the less he has to be involved the better! :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok so mini rant:

I'm having such an awful day. I hate Tuesdays. Some days I feel really in control of myself, patient and rational and confident that this whole visa thing is going to be just fine. Today is unfortunately not one of those days. I know I can't really complain too much about the waiting because it's only been 2 months and I know I'm lucky to be at VSC but sometimes I just get overwhelmed with how sick of this whole thing I am! :( I feel like my relationship is in such a rut too. It's awful, we both know we love each other and want to be together but the separation is causing our relationship to stagnate. I called my Fiance today on my lunch hour and neither of us had anything to say to each other. We just sort of sat there in silence. It's sad, horrible and pathetic all at the same time. So after we got off the phone I was feeling depressed and went across to street and bought a bag of skittles which just made me feel worse because now I feel nauseous, fat and depressed. Great.

Also, not that this has anything to do with anything, but I somehow managed to turn the clock on my cell phone off and now I can't make it go back on. I think it's broken because even if I switch the clock display setting to "on" the screen is just blank. Ugh. Tuesdays.. :(

Ok, rant over. Sorry!

Cheers up please!!! we are all waiting ..not happy for the "wait" but we have no other choice but to wait. :whistle:

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

LOL, my fiance is actually thrilled to be "left out" of the wedding planning! There are a few key elements he wants to contribute to, of course, but other than those, in his opinion, the less he has to be involved the better! :lol:

Planning a wedding - not something simple, but hey, it's your wedding so it'll be fun. :dance:

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

I gotta tell you, sometimes I feel the same. We feel the same, me and my fiance. But he's always stronger than me. I'm trying to learn how to do that from him. :unsure:

I'm just like you, sometimes I feel so depressed, other times I say to myself: It's going to be fiiine, we have a real relationship. I don't think I'm afraid of the interview, but I can't stand this waiting game, it's killing me(us...), we've been together since 2007 and it was all about waiting all the time. So I'm getting sick of it. There's not so much time left, but well, there are some days when I just can't control myself and I cry like a baby. :innocent:

But THIS process WILL BE OVER and WE WILL BE WITH OUR LOVED ONES!! Just think about that. I don't know if my reply will help you, but I figured I could at least try... :luv:

Hugs,

Sunshine

I feel the same, I think we all feel like this. And my Fiancé is also so much stronger. I feel encouraged that we are all here going through the same thing and undestand each other. You are not alone!!! Soon the waiting will be over!

08 Apr, 2010 - Engaged

08 Aug, 2010 - I129F Sent to VSC

12 Aug, 2010 - NOA1

28 Jan, 2011 - NOA2

15 Feb, 2011 - Packet 3

26 Feb, 2011 - Packet 4

22 Mar, 2011 - Medical in Frankfurt

23 Mar, 2011 - Interview in Frankfurt - APPROVED!!!

12 May, 2011 - POE Berlin -> Miami -> Charlotte -> Little Rock

25 Jun, 2011 - Our wedding

12 Aug, 2011 - Filed for AOS and EAD

October 2013 - Filed for ROC

February 2014 - ROC approved - Permanent Resident

8fqy9kkm9qcni.png

Ok so mini rant:

I'm having such an awful day. I hate Tuesdays. Some days I feel really in control of myself, patient and rational and confident that this whole visa thing is going to be just fine. Today is unfortunately not one of those days. I know I can't really complain too much about the waiting because it's only been 2 months and I know I'm lucky to be at VSC but sometimes I just get overwhelmed with how sick of this whole thing I am! :( I feel like my relationship is in such a rut too. It's awful, we both know we love each other and want to be together but the separation is causing our relationship to stagnate. I called my Fiance today on my lunch hour and neither of us had anything to say to each other. We just sort of sat there in silence. It's sad, horrible and pathetic all at the same time. So after we got off the phone I was feeling depressed and went across to street and bought a bag of skittles which just made me feel worse because now I feel nauseous, fat and depressed. Great.

Also, not that this has anything to do with anything, but I somehow managed to turn the clock on my cell phone off and now I can't make it go back on. I think it's broken because even if I switch the clock display setting to "on" the screen is just blank. Ugh. Tuesdays.. :(

Ok, rant over. Sorry!

Aww hun, u sound miserable, i hope today you are feeling a little better. Remember, we all have good days, bad days and those days where you just want to pack it all in. Trust me!! You are not alone! U are well aware of whats going on with my situation at the moment and I will the first to tell u that it isnt easy!! We all have those days where we call each other and think well this isnt the most productive phone call ever as u have nothing much to say. Happens all the time, its only due to not being together, if he were to meet you at home after a days work, you would have lots to do and talk about. Sometimes I find our conversations are all taken upby nothing but visas, flights, houses and wedding #######. Eventually, u both get tired of it!! But its ok as its totally normal!!!

Remember we are all in the same boat, all have days where f**k it is the theme of the day and we will all get through it :star:

I129F Petition Sent: End of June '10
NOA1 - 17th July '10
Touches - 23rd July & 3rd October '10
NOA2 - 30th December '10 - A great new yr gift
NVC Rec'd - 4th January '11
NVC Sent - 5th January '11
Embassy Received - 8th January '11
Embassy Recorded - 11th January '11
Packet 3 Forms sent - 11th January '11
Visa Fee Paid - 18th January '11
Packet 3 Forms Logged - 24th January '11
Medical Exam
- 10th February '11
Embassy Received Medical Results - 15th February '11
London Consulate K1 Visa Interview - 11th March '11
JFK Port of Entry - 24th March '11

Removal Of Conditions.

Petition Signed for - 26th August 2013

Check Cashed - 11th September 2013

NOA1 -

Timeline

Aww hun, u sound miserable, i hope today you are feeling a little better. Remember, we all have good days, bad days and those days where you just want to pack it all in. Trust me!! You are not alone! U are well aware of whats going on with my situation at the moment and I will the first to tell u that it isnt easy!! We all have those days where we call each other and think well this isnt the most productive phone call ever as u have nothing much to say. Happens all the time, its only due to not being together, if he were to meet you at home after a days work, you would have lots to do and talk about. Sometimes I find our conversations are all taken upby nothing but visas, flights, houses and wedding #######. Eventually, u both get tired of it!! But its ok as its totally normal!!!

Remember we are all in the same boat, all have days where f**k it is the theme of the day and we will all get through it :star:

Loved your quote. :)

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Timeline

Hey so I'm feeling soooooooooooo much better everyone. Thanks for all your support! It's so nice to have a place you can go to rant and talk to people who are going through the same thing you are! :)

Can you guys believe we're already basically halfway through October?! :wow: Where has the time gone? I swear it was JUST Oct. 1st like yesterday.

I was really hoping to have seen many more July NOA2's though by now :( We had that little burst of movement and now.. nothing?! What's going on!?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey so I'm feeling soooooooooooo much better everyone. Thanks for all your support! It's so nice to have a place you can go to rant and talk to people who are going through the same thing you are! :)

Can you guys believe we're already basically halfway through October?! :wow: Where has the time gone? I swear it was JUST Oct. 1st like yesterday.

I was really hoping to have seen many more July NOA2's though by now :( We had that little burst of movement and now.. nothing?! What's going on!?

Wahhh, I want NOA2. This week was so slow. I hope this mean that next week will be better.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

I'm flying off to see my fiancee tonight. Enjoy your weekends everybody. Hopefully the NOA2's start flowing before I get back

K1 Visa

06/23/2010 - Engaged

08/11/2010 - NOA1 (Received on 8/16/2010)

01/31/2011 - NOA2

02/04/2011 - Received by NVC

02/14/2011 - Packet 3 Received

02/18/2011 - Medical Exam

03/24/2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

04/05/2011 - POE

05/13/2011 - Married

AOS

05/31/2011 - AOS Package Received at Chicago Lockbox

06/02/2011 - NOA1 Text/Email (Hardcopy Received 06/07/2011)

06/30/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

07/08/2011 - Case Transferred to CSC

07/14/2011 - Received by CSC

07/28/2011 - EAD Approved

02/18/2012 - RFE - Missing Chicken Pox info on Medical

02/28/2012 - Green Card in Production

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.