one...two...tree

If He Could, Bin Laden Would Bomb the Cordoba Initiative

128 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I give in. Although I am non-religious and wish all religion didn't exist, I in no way have it in for Islam and I genuinely wanted to get this brought out into the open, which, I believe, would have exonerated the greater portion of worldwide Islam

I can see that nobody is willing to have that discussion despite me trying to get the real and most likely pro-Islamic situation exposed, so I give in. The perception in the wider community remains as it is and that is a pity. If I was a Muslim I would fight in every forum to explain the facts on behalf of my religion rather than wrap myself in paranoia and take a back seat.

ok I give in.

Have you been under a rock for 10 years, bro? Plain ole Muslims who don't blow up people have been dealing with the issue of how legitimate Islam is, what it teaches, if it endorses terrorism and cruelty, etc., etc., since 2001. This is not the first thread here that approaches the subject matter, and it won't be the last. We have hashed and rehashed stuff on this board, on the MENA board for years. Stick around, it will come by again, and, maybe next time, Muslim posters can contribute without being the targets. That's probably why I'm about the only one who still tries to participate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Have you been under a rock for 10 years, bro? Plain ole Muslims who don't blow up people have been dealing with the issue of how legitimate Islam is, what it teaches, if it endorses terrorism and cruelty, etc., etc., since 2001. This is not the first thread here that approaches the subject matter, and it won't be the last. We have hashed and rehashed stuff on this board, on the MENA board for years. Stick around, it will come by again, and, maybe next time, Muslim posters can contribute without being the targets. That's probably why I'm about the only one who still tries to participate.

I can tell that the Muslims who came into this discussion, automatically assumed that as a non-Muslim I was an anti

That is as unfair as what many in the wider community say about Islam without any evidence.

ok done for today... thanks for being very civil nevertheless

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

I can tell that the Muslims who came into this discussion, automatically assumed that as a non-Muslim I was an anti

That is as unfair as what many in the wider community say about Islam without any evidence.

ok done for today... thanks for being very civil nevertheless

You're welcome.

For future reference, despite your early disclaimer, you sound anti-Islam. You may want to reread your posts and imagine what you would think if you were on the receiving end of them. That might provide some clarity and allow you to see what we saw. BTW, I don't remember everyone who posted, but I may have been the only Muslim among them. I apologize if I missed a fellow Muslim poster.

Edited by Sofiyya

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You're welcome.

For future reference, despite your early disclaimer, you sound anti-Islam. You may want to reread your posts and imagine what you would think if you were on the receiving end of them. That might provide some clarity and allow you to see what we saw. BTW, I don't remember everyone who posted, but I may have been the only Muslim among them. I apologize if I missed a fellow Muslim poster.

sandinista is, i believe, but i could be wrong. :blush:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

You're welcome.

As a westerner, I think I have been type caste as an anti with no evidence.

Feelings and suspicions lead to false accusations. If anyone doubts my beliefs and motives, they only have to take the trouble to ask and I am immediately open with them.

If you were a genuine westerner who was not Islamic but who was not anti-Islam, how would you feel about being accused of such ? It's the same thing.

More words, more facts, less 'suspicions', less 'feelings'. That's the way to go.

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

As a westerner, I think I have been type caste as an anti with no evidence.

Feelings and suspicions lead to false accusations. If anyone doubts my beliefs and motives, they only have to take the trouble to ask and I am immediately open with them.

If you were a genuine westerner who was not Islamic but who was not anti-Islam, how would you feel about being accused of such ? It's the same thing.

More words, more facts, less 'suspicions', less 'feelings'. That's the way to go.

You did to me what you're complaining about being done to you. That's what everyone has been trying to tell you.

Timeline

You did to me what you're complaining about being done to you. That's what everyone has been trying to tell you.

That's a bit obscure.

I am not complaining about anything, but I note the reluctance of Muslims to accept that non- Muslims can POSSIBLY have any sympathy for their plight in the Western world and I note their paranoia whenever the subject is broached.

I would like Muslims to engage in the discussion but if they want to harm themselves by withdrawing into a defensive and mistrusting bunker of their own making, then that's a pity but it's no skin off my nose. ie I have no thing to complain about.

Note the contrast with the Jews (for whom I hold no brief either way). They constantly engage and get their message over in any media form they can. That is the way to do it.

They go out into the world and take on their critics and put put forward their arguments. Muslims are more about 'leave me alone' when they should be making their case. Not vociferously as that doesn't go down well in Western cultures, especially in the UK where people are oh so quiet, but gently, sincerely and logically and without spin - and, most importantly, conceding certain points where concessions are appropriate.

Concessions disarm many opponents in the same way as self- deprecation, albeit insincere, is used by many politicians

You didn't ask for that advice so it's up to you whether you discard it or embrace it. It isn't a criticism, it's a series of suggestions to aid the standing of Muslims. By all means reject it and keep doing it your way....

moresheep400100.jpg

You reveal your true nature with that language

I reject your 'suggestion '

When I tell someone not to swear at me you object to me telling them

You don't tell people what to do - you 'suggest'.

Now get off my cloud and go annoy somebody who cares a jot about what you think

You will only call me a wxxnker once before I get your sorry post pulled for TOS violation - I know it won't be your first - you are a recidivist

Try and behave like a decent woman with a decent mouth on her would you ? (that's a suggestion)

I have never been suspended. If you behave like a wanker, which you often do, I'll call you one, it's that simple.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

I have never been suspended. If you behave like a wanker, which you often do, I'll call you one, it's that simple.

I didn't say you were suspended - but you are constantly calling names and using personal abuse and posts get removed

I engage in controversial matters which some people find insulting by extension, but I have never given in to the temptation to reply to you using your language which is outside the rules

I have reported this post of yours because I don't think you can call me that within the rules and it's a pity that members have to put up with it on a daily basis

Edited by saywhat

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

saywhat wins!

islam has gone down to defeat!

the vj crusades part XVII are over!

where's the beer? :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I didn't say you were suspended - but you are constantly calling names and using personal abuse and posts get removed

I engage in controversial matters which some people find insulting by extension, but I have never given in to the temptation to reply to you using your language which is outside the rules

I have reported this post of yours because I don't think you can call me that within the rules and it's a pity that members have to put up with it on a daily basis

My posts rarely get removed. I have no idea if that is because they are never reported or not. Quite frankly, I don't care. I also don't care that you find me disagreeable and all the other things you insinuate all the time about me. Your opinion will not change the way I post.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .