Aymerlu

He's finally here!!

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

After his flights being delayed, cancelled, etc that last 3 days, Khallid finally got to Kansas City at 1:15 am. His original flight was to be in at 11:35 pm. What a trip he has had! Basically the airlines took the one little bag he was carrying on the plane with him which has 1 pair of clean clothes. Then everything started happening with the cancellation of his flights due to the issues in London. I will add that Iberia Airlines that he was flying on was one of the suspected airlines that was going to be involved in the plotted attacks we have been hearing about. Khallid really didn't know what was going on till I told him last night when he got here. I keep thinking how lucky we are and am really thinking God that those flights were cancelled.

Got home around 4:30ish and Khallid crashed. He said he hasn't been able to sleep since starting his trip on Tuesday. Now he is snoring LOUD behind me. Shush....don't tell him I told you. I'm letting him sleep all day and I'm going to try to catch a few zzzzzzz's here and there. I still don't beleive he's here. I just sat and stared at him when I woke up this morning.

He said Chicago was a ###### for a POE! I always heard how easy it was, but I'm sure they stepped up security due to the recent events. He was intorrogated by 2 people at separate times. Demanded to see my pictures, asked him if HE was rich or if I was. Don't I wish. But he's here now, so everything that happened is in the past.

And darn it.........they took they perfumes & oils he bought for me and my family.

I'm off work for the next 10 days. Hoping to get him settled in a bit, apply for his social, get a few things for him, etc.

Still can't beleive this sound I hear behind me is my man!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats on the safe arrival of your Sweetie.

Enjoy your 10 days off together..... and don't forget.... it's okay to do laundry on vacation in this instance!!!!

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

congratz!! I'm so glad you can be with ur man now! isn't the feeling just fantastic!!!!!!

amal

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Amy glad to hear that he is sound asleep and with you now. The POE will bother him for a few days and then it will be a memory like the long separation. Take care and enjoy yourselves.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

With all of this going on in the UK you must have been frantic! I a so glad your wait is over, congratulations! (can't wait to hear my husband snore again i 6 more days :dance:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Congratulations Amy.... have a great reunion and time off.... :dance::dance::dance:(F)

3/24/11 Received 10 year Green Card in the mail - Done. Feels good :-) 'till we do this again for US Citizenship.

12/5/11 mailed packet for Naturalization

12/9/11 was received by USCIS.

4/6/12 received letter for fingerprint appn.

4/23/12 9am fingerprint appointment - done :-)

4/30/12 Recieved Letter for Interview - Sche. 5/31

5/31/12 Interview & Testing

5/31/12 Testing Approved - Waiting for next step

6/21/12 Rcvd email, placed application in the oath sched. que :-)

6/25/12 Rcvd letter - Oath Ceremony is on 7/11/12 @ 9:15am :-)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I really think our men were on the same flights to Chicago! :yes: Wael also said that going through immigration was terrible. Sounds like the boys have a bad case of jet lag. Wael has slept all day today. :whistle: Glad to hear you are together now.

8-7-06 Visa received after 6 months of AR

9-1-06 AOS sent

9-20-06 Biometrics

3-5-07 AOS Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
:dance: Congrats!!!! You have been waiting so long, I'm so happy that you are finally reunited. (F)

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

That's fantastic news, Amy !!! :dance::dance::dance: I am so glad and so relieved he made it home safe at last... I was thinking of you.... wondering how all the ruckus in London would impact his journey.

Sounds like it was a grueling trip, but thank God he made it through and you're finally reunited for good.

Hope he's woke up by now :lol:

Wishing you a lifetime of happiness together (L)

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Horray!!!!

you must be loving this. so glad he finally made it. what a long travelling experience.

thank god hes here. !!

enjoy,

sarah

Sarah and Otman

Naturalization interview: August 25th

Oath Ceremony: September 17th!!! woo hoo.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.