NigeriaorBust

How about being able to track marriage status

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Is it possible to add a field ( two actually ) to time lines to record if the marriage is still on or went down the drain and a date. We always get into discussions in high fraud areas about how many marriages survive and how many die it would be nice to do stats.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Is it possible to add a field ( two actually ) to time lines to record if the marriage is still on or went down the drain and a date. We always get into discussions in high fraud areas about how many marriages survive and how many die it would be nice to do stats.
Sounds like a great idea on its surface, si man. Are there any drawbacks? Would there have to be fields for "separated pending divorce," "separated but trying to work things out," and other variations of the divorce process, si man?

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I think a lot of couples whose marriages don't work out would never comeback to tell us.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

In Subsarahan they do , screaming scammer all the way.

:rofl:

K1 Journey:

Filed: 2009-01-12... USCIS Approved: 2009-06-05... 1st Interview/Admin Review: 2009-09-09...2nd Interview/Approved: 2010-01-27

AOS Journey:

Filed: 2010-05-20... Interview: 2010-11-30... Approved: 2010-12-03... Card Rcvd: 2010-12-18...

Whew! Done!.... Well, for the next two years anyway...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It is an interesting idea and I suspect the statistics could be revealing if we could get complete information.

Along with the concerns T-Bone raised is that listing the beneficiary's country would also be informative but then you start getting into all of the variables - age differences, educational differences, language concerns, etc. that it might become quite cumbersome. I too suspect we would not get consistent information and probably won't hear about the majority of the break-ups, only those that happen early or are obviously scams (although having only the injured party's version of thing that could be incorrect as well).. It would be difficult to determine if the marriage broke up even though both parties gave it their best shots but the differences or expectations were too great to overcome, or if it was due to one party not really being invested in the relationship part of the marriage but the opportunities the marriage would bring.

Interesting idea though, and yes, I would be curious what the actual statistics are as well.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

I was thinking something pretty simple Marriage ststus = apart/together and date

That way if people choose to the would enter the date the relationship ended and a date and if they were reporting they are still together they could update the date as they choose and people that don't enter anything can get filtered out. I would love to go back say 5 years and see how many marriages are still active. I was looking the other day at the top posters in Nigeria and the top 5 I think are pretty much apart . ( Is that a warning to stop posting in VJ and pay more attention to your spouse ? )

Timeline

I am a data person. You could figure out if younger people or older people have better luck at VJ, people from Africa vs Asia. I just like playing with numbers

Filed: Timeline

why you want to know that....I think it would put a negative cloud over everything that VisaJourney.com is helping to do!

Timeline

why you want to know that....I think it would put a negative cloud over everything that VisaJourney.com is helping to do!

Actually it might do the opposite. There are spells of reports of scammer spouses and very little data about long lasting relationships. Other than the happy endings thread. I would like to know how long some of the good ones are.