Svetlana

Stay in US after divorce

20 posts in this topic

Did you divorce all ready and is it final?

if so did he file for removal of conditions? (do you mean in your post his card will expire in one more year from now? or is it expired now?)

He does not have to wait for the two years to be up, as soon as the divorce is final, he can ROC himself. He will need to prove that the marriage was entered in good faith.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Did you divorce all ready and is it final?

if so did he file for removal of conditions? (do you mean in your post his card will expire in one more year from now? or is it expired now?)

He does not have to wait for the two years to be up, as soon as the divorce is final, he can ROC himself. He will need to prove that the marriage was entered in good faith.

Not sure what he has to do.

He came here in August 2009, In January I found out he was on romantic website looking for other woman, becouse he understand he is not good enough for me or so..., I divorce him in 15 mionutes, yes, I have final paper. Do you think INS able to know about this final? He would like to stay in US and I willing to help.

Please let me know what exactly he has to do. He doesn't speak English, no legal work. I am in New Mexico, he is in Denver,CO with russian speaking people. My email address is svetlana.berh@gmail.com

Thank you very much!!!

He came here in August 2009, In January I found out he was on romantic website looking for other woman, becouse he understand he is not good enough for me or so..., I divorce him in 15 mionutes, yes, I have final paper. Do you think INS able to know about this final? He would like to stay in US and I willing to help.

Please let me know what exactly he has to do. He doesn't speak English, no legal work. I am in New Mexico, he is in Denver,CO with russian speaking people. My email address is svetlana.berh@gmail.com

Thank you very much!!!

He will have to file for removal of conditions himself - the guide up top and the form itself spells out what needs to be done.

If he proves the marriage was entered in good faith, they will give him a 10 yr GC.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Thank you very much!!!

USCIS will know the divorce is final when your ex husband files the I-751 and submits a copy of the final divorce decree. If you are looking to help his petition, you can do a number of things. Help him fill out the forms, gather the evidence, and provide a sworn affadavit attesting that the marriage was entered in good faith (I am assuming it was, if it was not the case, then don't do that.)

Timeline

What form # he has to file? How you understand I have to do everything for him.

Thank you

USCIS will know the divorce is final when your ex husband files the I-751 and submits a copy of the final divorce decree. If you are looking to help his petition, you can do a number of things. Help him fill out the forms, gather the evidence, and provide a sworn affadavit attesting that the marriage was entered in good faith (I am assuming it was, if it was not the case, then don't do that.)

What forms? When he has to file it?

Thanks

Timeline

May be good idea to wait when he start work, real work with withholding taxes?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

The form he has to file in the I-751, Petiton to Remove Conditions on Residence.

You can find more information about the form and its instructions here:

http://www.uscis.gov/i-751

Hi

You have to be carefull, because, based only in what you said, it can be taken as a marriage not based in god faith at least by the side of your ex. So i hardly recommend you start collecting all the things that let you clarify in anycase that this was in good faith but things get wrong.

So is better if you talk to him and try to determine if there was goodnfaith on his side. Because your ex can be deported and it won't be easy for you neither

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Something is very confusing here... Your Ex- is living in the US on an expired Green Card or does he have one more year to go on his conditional card.

You found him messing around on the web and divorced him in 15 minutess and now you want to help him get his GC. Hmmmmmmmm.

Anyways, He needed to file for Removal of conditons without waiting for the 2 year condition since you two were no longer married. He will need to prove that his marriage wasn't a sham and the two of you married in good faith.Visajourney as well as USCIS can guide you in the right direction whenever you are ready to file for ROC. Good Luck!

PS: Doesn't matter if USCIS knows about your divorce or not. They eventually will know whenever you file for ROC and will question why your ex didn't file for ROC immediately after the divorce.

Edited by saspk

IR5 For Parent

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline

From your typing it doesn't seem you were in the US very long either.

You are very wicked person, probably not enough gormons in your body.

Why you care about my English? I am in US 14 years and my English just fine.

I am here on this web to get some answers, not to read who I am and how long I am here.

You are too young to be wicked.

I am here on this web to get some answers, not to read who I am and how long I am here.

I do wish you luck in your endeavors and process with your husband in ROC but a word of advice: attacking other VJ members won't get you very far. We are here to help and even if someone posts something you don't agree with, take the higher road and don't attack them back :thumbs:

AOS

09/21/08- Phil arrives in US

08/15/09- Wedding

10/16/09- Mailed out AOS package

01/14/10- Interview completed - Approved!

01/23/10- Conditional Green Card received!

ROC

10/17/11- Mailed ROC package

10/19/11- Package arrives at VSC

10/20/11- NOA1 issued

10/24/11- "Touch"

10/24/11- Check cashed

10/26/11- NOA1 received

11/23/11- Biometrics appointment

01/14/12- Conditional GC Expired

07/17/12- Approved! - Notification of card production

07/23/12- Notification of card being mailed

07/25/12- 10 year GC received!

0e871ca96e.png?html

~~~~

Be the change you wish to see in the world

Sorry, I'm dying to know, whats a "gormon"?

And I'm afraid I'll have to side with the wicked-one, something here smells fishy.

History:

K1
I-129F sent : 27-4-07...NAO1 received : 21-5-2007...NOA2 received : 29-8-2007...PKT 3 received : 20-10-2007...PKT 3 returned : 15-11-2007...PKT 4 received : 06-12-2007...Interview : 02-01-2008...Flight : 13-01-2008...Marriage : 15-01-2008

AOS
Entered USA.....01-13-08.....0...Married.....01-15-08.....2...Filed AOS.....01-17-08.....4...Received.....01-21-08.....8...NOAs (dated).....02-04-08.....22...Cheques cashed.....02-06-08.....24...Biometrics.....02-22-08.....40
Changed address online.....02-25-08.....43...Touched (AOS/EAD/AP).....02-26-08.....44...Address change receipt (mail).....03-07-08.....54...AP approval email.....03-12-08.....59...EAD card mailed.....03-18-08.....65...EAD card arrives.....03-20-08.....67...AOS Interview.....07-17-08.....186

ROC
Event.....Date.....Day......Mailed I-751.....07/07/10.....0...Re-sent I-751.....07/15/10.....8 (photocopy)...NAO1 Date.....07/16/10.....9...NOA1 Rec'd.....07/23/10.....16...BIO Notice.....07/26/10.....19...BIO...Rec'd.....07/30/10.....23...BIO Date.....08/12/10.....36...Card sent.....09/28/10.....83...Card Rec'd.....10/04/10.....89

Present:

N-400

Event.....Date....Day

Mailed N-400.....6 Mar 2014.....0

NOA.....11 Mar 2014.....5

BIO.....2 Apr 2014....27

INT.....10 June.....65

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.