Svetlana

Stay in US after divorce

20 posts in this topic

I hate to say it but I guess I fully support the "evil / wicked one" with not enough "gormons" . Just curious, why would you spend so much time and energy doing research for someone whom you divorced in less time it takes to make Mac n Cheese.

As far as your spouse ( ex ) goes, here are the usual concerns as a VJ member

1. If you divorced him in 15 mins obviously it seems that marriage is not bonafide. If heaven forbid, my spouse or I were in your position, we would be devastated and heart broken. Even if we had to take extreme measures, I doubt we can divorce in 15 mins ( atleast not in the states I have lived in ).

2. He came here in Aug 2009 and you divorced around Jan 2010. Assuming his conditional GC started in August, you guys spent very less time together, this is a big minus for him.

3. He has an expired GC which is another BIG MINUS for him. He is already illegal.

So the bottom line is, instead of you, he should be talking to an attorney as to how to go about this situation. Please excuse my judgemental approach on this, but from what you have stated, the marriage was NOT bonafide and your spouse should leave the country.

Thousands of bonafide marriage's have to go under such scrutiny and ridiculous documentation to get approval and someone like your ex with barely any proof and showing absolutely no signs of true marriage ( especially with his ex spouse helping him ) is trying to get one. Not sure if I support this idea.

P.S. Again, I apologize - I am not trying to attack you but attack the idea of helping someone who obviously used you for a purpose.

07/24/2010 - I-751 papers sent to CSC - Day 1

07/29/2010 - USPS confirms delivery - Day 6

08/03/2010 - Check Cashed but no NOA - Day 11

08/05/2010 - NOA ( Receipt Date 08/02/2010) - Day 13

08/23/2010 - BIO - Day 31

09/07/2010 - Card Production Ordered Email - Day 45

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

I hate to say it but I guess I fully support the "evil / wicked one" with not enough "gormons" . Just curious, why would you spend so much time and energy doing research for someone whom you divorced in less time it takes to make Mac n Cheese.

As far as your spouse ( ex ) goes, here are the usual concerns as a VJ member

1. If you divorced him in 15 mins obviously it seems that marriage is not bonafide. If heaven forbid, my spouse or I were in your position, we would be devastated and heart broken. Even if we had to take extreme measures, I doubt we can divorce in 15 mins ( atleast not in the states I have lived in ).

2. He came here in Aug 2009 and you divorced around Jan 2010. Assuming his conditional GC started in August, you guys spent very less time together, this is a big minus for him.

3. He has an expired GC which is another BIG MINUS for him. He is already illegal.

Looks OP's English made some misunderstand here...

1. They got married in 09/2008. So, 15 mionutes meant 15 months, I guess.

3. His GC expires in 1 year. So, it's still valid.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

OK, some explanations:

- Thank you so much to try to help me/him!!!!

- Even some guys had fun with hormones" deal

- I came to US Aug 14th, 2009 (his Green Card in the mail dating Aug 14, 2009)

So his card will expired in a year

- I divorce him in "15 minutes", not in 15 month.

I found out he was on web site, looking for other women from September 2009

- He doesnt want to go back to Russia

- He still doesn't speak English, he can't get attorney or anything like that

- I'd like to help him. I love to help everybody even they hurt me.

I was thinking it's real marriage, may be I was stupid!

- My mistake was to get married. I am too independent, too strong too ... everything :)

Edited by Svetlana

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

OK, some explanations:

- Thank you so much to try to help me/him!!!!

You Are Most Welcome.

- Even some guys had fun with hormones" deal

So thats what it meant (Gormons). :)

- I came to US Aug 14th, 2009 (his Green Card in the mail dating Aug 14, 2009)

Sorry, But I am curious to know how you came to the US.

So his card will expired in a year

Great, He is not illegal. Yet.

- I divorce him in "15 minutes", not in 15 month.

So, it wasn't a typo error. We were right. This raises some concerns about your marriage being bonafide.

I found out he was on web site, looking for other women from September 2009

- He doesn’t want to go back to Russia

Ofcourse he doesn't.

- He still doesn't speak English, he can't get attorney or anything like that

Thats a lame excuse. He can get an attorney. Language doesn't stop you from that. You say you like helping people. Help him translate.

- I'd like to help him. I love to help everybody even they hurt me.

To begin with, try helping yourself. You are on a collision course with the USCIS yourself. They might even charge you with marriage fraud. Walk away while you can.

I was thinking it's real marriage, may be I was stupid!

- My mistake was to get married. I am too independent, too strong too ... everything :)

If you say you, you were all those things, and we'll take your word for it. But I think there is more to it than meets the eye. Good Luck.

IR5 For Parent

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.