Usui Takumi

Wife needs a car in the next year or so...

67 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

So my wife wants a Mini Cooper, which is cool but we don't have the money for it and I'm having trouble convincing her. Anyone know how to convince a person to buy a Ford Fiesta when they really want a Mini? Car salesman type tactics are acceptable lol.

Edited by Sousuke

So my wife wants a Mini Cooper, which is cool but we don't have the money for it and I'm having trouble convincing her. Anyone know how to convince a person to buy a Ford Fiesta when they really want a Mini? Car salesman type tactics are acceptable lol.

Why do you need to convince her? Isn't she able to understand that you can’t do it at this moment?

It is best for her to realize what you are able to do for her at the moment rather than convince her.

If I was you, I will seat with her and tell her we can’t do it right now and you will have to settle for the Ford.. Thank goodness you can give her a car, some other wives have to take the bus..

Edited by DoneWaiting

"Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all. Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity. It is right and it is duty." -- NAPF page on Oscar Romero

Wife'sTime Line My link

Timeline

Why do you need to convince her? Isn't she able to understand that you can’t do it at this moment?

It is best for her to realize what you are able to do for her at the moment rather than convince her.

If I was you, I will seat with her and tell her we can’t do it right now and you will have to settle for the Ford.. Thank goodness you can give her a car, some other wives have to take the bus..

Would you rather drive that car you know you didn't want, or would you rather think its the car you wanted in the first place?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Let her get a second job to pay for the Mini she wants. I saw a used Mini for around $10,000 yesterday. I keep needing to talk my husband out of buying an old Ford. I rather buy a Camry or maybe even something sporty.

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Timeline

Or, would you rather your Husband played mind games with you....or not?

I'm not necessarily talking about mind games here. She likes the Mini for looks only. I'm trying to find reasons why she might like the Fiesta better or at least level the field.........

Judgment about things unknown is NOT welcome here. Thanks.

Would you rather drive that car you know you didn't want, or would you rather think its the car you wanted in the first place?

Of course man, I would rather drive the car I will be happy with, the car that will make me look cool, and pretty and flashy... But, can I afford it?

Ask yourself the same question..

If you want to please your wife, is great is a wonderful thing, but can your wife please you being understanding that at this moment you are not able?

Because we get what we want and not what we need, we found ourselves in debt fairly quick.

"Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all. Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity. It is right and it is duty." -- NAPF page on Oscar Romero

Wife'sTime Line My link

Timeline

Sousuke,

Sometimes you just gotta get your man on.

I know being from California that may be an alien concept but the force does lie within you. Deeeeep within you.

Lol, well I'm not really a Californian. I've been here 2.5 years. Before that: 2.5 years in the UK, 5 years in Kansas, and 18 in Missouri, so I still think of myself as from the Midwest.

Filed: Timeline

I'm not necessarily talking about mind games here. She likes the Mini for looks only. I'm trying to find reasons why she might like the Fiesta better or at least level the field.........

Judgment about things unknown is NOT welcome here. Thanks.

go with the repair costs angle. there isn't much coverage aftermarket on body parts or mechanical parts. your bank account is going to be at the mercy of the dealer w/ the mini & aftermarket parts for the ford are readily available.

Edited by SMOKE
7yqZWFL.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Lol, well I'm not really a Californian. I've been here 2.5 years. Before that: 2.5 years in the UK, 5 years in Kansas, and 18 in Missouri, so I still think of myself as from the Midwest.

Ok, maybe not so deep then. I don't know how they roll out in the Midwest but if it's anything like these guys, I bet you're hella tough.

(in all seriousness, just say no.)

Rent the 'Italian Job' and play it to her and ask her if she still thinks the Mini looks cool ;)

Alternatively, find some cool pics of the Fiesta and then secretly insert them into a soothing film, auto suggestion ads are banned on the tv, but not in the home :)

Apart from that, keep talking to her and seek some kind of compromise - although I am not sure what at this point. Maybe there is something aesthetic you can add to the car?

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .