justashooter

cops taser 86 year old woman

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

http://www.courthousenews.com/2010/06/24/28330.htm

You just can't imagine, the kind of mentality of people who would do this! No officer stepped forward to question the decision to tase!

(CN) - Police Tasered an 86-year-old disabled grandma in her bed and stepped on her oxygen hose until she couldn't breathe, after her grandson called 911 seeking medical assistance, the woman and her grandson claim in Oklahoma City Federal Court. Though the grandson said, "Don't Taze my granny!" an El Reno police officer told another cop to "Taser her!" and wrote in his police report that he did so because the old woman "took a more aggressive posture in her bed," according to the complaint.

Lonnie Tinsley claims that he called 911 after he went to check on his grandmother, whom he found in her bed, "connected to a portable oxygen concentrator with a long hose." She is "in marginal health, [and] takes several prescribed medications daily," and "was unable to tell him exactly when she had taken her meds," so, Tinsley says, he called 911 "to ask for an emergency medical technician to come to her apartment to evaluate her."

In response, "as many as ten El Reno police" officers "pushed their way through the door," according to the complaint.

The grandma, Lona Varner, "told them to get out of her apartment."

The remarkable complaint continues: "Instead, the apparent leader of the police [defendant Thomas Duran] instructed another policeman to 'Taser her!' He stated in his report that the 86 year-old plaintiff 'took a more aggressive posture in her bed,' and that he was fearful for his safety and the safety of others.

"Lonnie Tinsley told them, 'Don't taze my Granny!' to which they responded that they would Taser him; instead, they pulled him out of her apartment, took him down to the floor, handcuffed him and placed him in the back of a police car.

"The police then proceeded to approach Ms. Varner in her bed and stepped on her oxygen hose until she began to suffer oxygen deprivation.

"The police then fired a Taser at her and only one wire struck her, in the left arm; the police then fired a second Taser, striking her to the right and left of the midline of her upper chest and applied high voltage, causing burns to her chest, extreme pain and to pass out.

"The police then grabbed Ms. Varner by her forearms and jerked hands together, causing her soft flesh to tear and bleed on her bed; they then handcuffed her.

"The police freed Lonnie Tinsley from his incarceration in the back of the police car and permitted him to accompany the ambulance with his grandmother."

Tinsley says the cops capped it all off by having his grandmother "placed in the psychiatric ward at the direction of the El Reno police; she was held there for six days and released."

"As a result of the wrongful arrest and detention, the plaintiff Lona M. Varner suffered the unlawful restraint of her freedom, bodily injury, assault, battery, the trashing of her apartment, humiliation, loss of personal dignity, infliction of emotional distress and medical bills."

They seek punitive damages for constitutional violations, from the City of El Reno, Duran, Officers Frank Tinga and Joseph Sandberg, and 10 Officers Does.

They are represented by Brian Dell of Oklahoma City.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

OMG. That's horrific.

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Completely mind-boggling... :angry:

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

AOS from F-1 visa (2 months 2 1/2 weeks or 82 days)

04/14/10 - Sent AOS Package

04/26/10 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/16/10 - Biometrics letter

05/19/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/07/10 - Interview Appointment in Philly- July 7 @ 11:05 am APPROVED

07/19/10 - 2 YEAR Green Card received

Removal of Conditions (9 months 1 1/2 weeks or 285 days)

04/08/12 - Eligibility date

04/19/12 - Sent ROC Package

04/26/12 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/17/10 - Biometrics letter

05/24/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

01/25/13 - APPROVED- ROC card production ordered

02/05/13 - 10 YEAR Green Card received

Naturalization (5 months 2 days or 155 days)

04/15/13 - Eligibility date

06/07/13 - Sent Package

06/20/13 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

06/27/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/05/13 - Interview letter sent/In-line notification

08/14/13 - Interview scheduled in Philly @ 1:30 pm APPROVED

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

#######??????

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

http://www.courthous...06/24/28330.htm

You just can't imagine, the kind of mentality of people who would do this! No officer stepped forward to question the decision to tase!

(CN) - Police Tasered an 86-year-old disabled grandma in her bed and stepped on her oxygen hose until she couldn't breathe, after her grandson called 911 seeking medical assistance, the woman and her grandson claim in Oklahoma City Federal Court. Though the grandson said, "Don't Taze my granny!" an El Reno police officer told another cop to "Taser her!" and wrote in his police report that he did so because the old woman "took a more aggressive posture in her bed," according to the complaint.

Lonnie Tinsley claims that he called 911 after he went to check on his grandmother, whom he found in her bed, "connected to a portable oxygen concentrator with a long hose." She is "in marginal health, [and] takes several prescribed medications daily," and "was unable to tell him exactly when she had taken her meds," so, Tinsley says, he called 911 "to ask for an emergency medical technician to come to her apartment to evaluate her."

In response, "as many as ten El Reno police" officers "pushed their way through the door," according to the complaint.

The grandma, Lona Varner, "told them to get out of her apartment."

The remarkable complaint continues: "Instead, the apparent leader of the police [defendant Thomas Duran] instructed another policeman to 'Taser her!' He stated in his report that the 86 year-old plaintiff 'took a more aggressive posture in her bed,' and that he was fearful for his safety and the safety of others.

"Lonnie Tinsley told them, 'Don't taze my Granny!' to which they responded that they would Taser him; instead, they pulled him out of her apartment, took him down to the floor, handcuffed him and placed him in the back of a police car.

"The police then proceeded to approach Ms. Varner in her bed and stepped on her oxygen hose until she began to suffer oxygen deprivation.

"The police then fired a Taser at her and only one wire struck her, in the left arm; the police then fired a second Taser, striking her to the right and left of the midline of her upper chest and applied high voltage, causing burns to her chest, extreme pain and to pass out.

"The police then grabbed Ms. Varner by her forearms and jerked hands together, causing her soft flesh to tear and bleed on her bed; they then handcuffed her.

"The police freed Lonnie Tinsley from his incarceration in the back of the police car and permitted him to accompany the ambulance with his grandmother."

Tinsley says the cops capped it all off by having his grandmother "placed in the psychiatric ward at the direction of the El Reno police; she was held there for six days and released."

"As a result of the wrongful arrest and detention, the plaintiff Lona M. Varner suffered the unlawful restraint of her freedom, bodily injury, assault, battery, the trashing of her apartment, humiliation, loss of personal dignity, infliction of emotional distress and medical bills."

They seek punitive damages for constitutional violations, from the City of El Reno, Duran, Officers Frank Tinga and Joseph Sandberg, and 10 Officers Does.

They are represented by Brian Dell of Oklahoma City.

What was the arrest for?

Why did ten police officers show up instead of the ambulance or with the ambulance?

Is this cop and the 9 others on administrative leave with out pay?

:ot:

I bet he was strutting his stuff like he made the collar of the year.

:ot2:

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

260610_granny.jpg

Lona Varner's grandson Lonnie Tinsley called for medical assistance on December 22 last year when he became concerned about medication his grandmother had taken.

"She says her life is over, she wants to end it ... she's taken some medicine, I don't know what she's taken ... [the paramedics] need to come check her out," Mr Tinsley told the 911 operator.

But instead of a doctor, ten police officers arrived at the Oklahoma home.

When Ms Varner told them to leave, officer Thomas Duran allegedly yelled, "Taser her".

Mr Tinsley said he shouted "don't taze my granny".

Officer Duran's official report said Mrs Varner had taken an "aggressive" posture in her bed.

Other officers told a tribunal in January that Mrs Varner was wielding a knife.

One of the officers stepped on her oxygen cord to deprive her of air so she would calm down but when that failed, she was tasered.

It didn't connect properly, so another shot was fired, this time hitting her in the chest.

The blast burned Mrs Varner's skin, causing her to pass out.

Officers then handcuffed her and took her to a local hospital to treat her injuries. She was also placed in a psychiatric hospital for six days.

It is not clear whether Mrs Varner suffered from a mental illness.

"I wouldn't want it to happen to anyone else," Mrs Varner, now 87, told The Oklahoman.

http://news.msn.co.n...d-ridden-granny

I don't think tasing her was a wise move, but what were they supposed to do if she did have a knife and was in an aggressive stance. Take a butcher knife wound for the team? No thanks. Her shoulders are bigger than mine and if she was mad she may have been able to do some damage. Have her grandson disarm her? Then she kills him and they get sued anyway. That probably would have been a softer headline than this one though.

Edited by Mr. Saigon

Filed: Timeline

260610_granny.jpg

Lona Varner's grandson Lonnie Tinsley called for medical assistance on December 22 last year when he became concerned about medication his grandmother had taken.

"She says her life is over, she wants to end it ... she's taken some medicine, I don't know what she's taken ... [the paramedics] need to come check her out," Mr Tinsley told the 911 operator.

But instead of a doctor, ten police officers arrived at the Oklahoma home.

When Ms Varner told them to leave, officer Thomas Duran allegedly yelled, "Taser her".

Mr Tinsley said he shouted "don't taze my granny".

Officer Duran's official report said Mrs Varner had taken an "aggressive" posture in her bed.

Other officers told a tribunal in January that Mrs Varner was wielding a knife.

One of the officers stepped on her oxygen cord to deprive her of air so she would calm down but when that failed, she was tasered.

It didn't connect properly, so another shot was fired, this time hitting her in the chest.

The blast burned Mrs Varner's skin, causing her to pass out.

Officers then handcuffed her and took her to a local hospital to treat her injuries. She was also placed in a psychiatric hospital for six days.

It is not clear whether Mrs Varner suffered from a mental illness.

"I wouldn't want it to happen to anyone else," Mrs Varner, now 87, told The Oklahoman.

http://news.msn.co.n...d-ridden-granny

I don't think tasing her was a wise move, but what were they supposed to do if she did have a knife and was in an aggressive stance. Take a butcher knife wound for the team? No thanks. Her shoulders are bigger than mine and if she was mad she may have been able to do some damage. Have her grandson disarm her? Then she kills him and they get sued anyway. That probably would have been a softer headline than this one though.

Even if she had a knife, which is a dubious claim at best, they were in HER house. She didn't invite 10 cops to bust thru the door. But ok, let's just say she held a knife. Erm, she's effing bedridden. Don't go near her bed.

And really, depriving someone of oxygen to 'calm her down'? Have someone deprive you of oxygen and tell me if it makes you calm.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Even if she had a knife, which is a dubious claim at best, they were in HER house. She didn't invite 10 cops to bust thru the door. But ok, let's just say she held a knife. Erm, she's effing bedridden. Don't go near her bed.

And really, depriving someone of oxygen to 'calm her down'? Have someone deprive you of oxygen and tell me if it makes you calm.

Sounds sorta' kinky.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I lived for almost 15 years in Oklahoma. This behavior is what within range of what I'd expect.

Cops there too often live by the motto "shoot first and ask questions later, if ever". Police misconduct is rife in that state, but the citizens there are too passive (or too poorly educated) to demand that things change.

Ever read The Innocent Man by John Grisham?

I remember an off duty cop in Tulsa, who heard of a nearby bank robbery, who then jumped into his private car, with wife and kids inside, and chased a car he believed (erroneously) to contain the thieves. He really didn't understand what could possibly be wrong with shooting his police firearm at the (innocent) car while driving illegally (speeding, illegal lane changes, illegally going the wrong way down 1-way streets) with wife and kids accompanying him.

They are a special breed, Oklahoma cops!

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

OMG that poor woman :wacko::blink::crying:

Passage Revelation 19:11:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

"satan is real and he's playing for keeps
God is realer and we are His sheep
which side are you on, CHOOSE, start moving your feet
choose JESUS and have ETERNAL PEACE" by GOD to me on 9/26/10 about 2am
Thank you Jesus!!!!

Bebe and Cece Winans Heaven

Abdel Halim Hafez Qariat al Fingan