DoneWaiting

Immigrant farm workers' challenge: Take our jobs

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I knew someone was going to post that. I don't want to have sex with Lou. I don't have cherry. Lol. I only said that for lols and giggles.

DonCherry17.jpg

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Honest question. If I pose as an illegal immigrant and I get a job for 3.00 hr can I then report the employer?

Obviously I'm not hispanic but I could fake being eastern european or similar......

are you for giving Israel to the Native Palestinians?

Would it matter, technically both parties still would have claim.

Filed: Timeline

Honest question. If I pose as an illegal immigrant and I get a job for 3.00 hr can I then report the employer?

Obviously I'm not hispanic but I could fake being eastern european or similar......

idk. personal opinion - you should be able to & the employer should be hammered by the feds for hiring & exploiting you.

7yqZWFL.jpg

Don’t Get it twisted, make sure the context applies to you. If it does, is only one way to alleviate the itch.

odd i've never heard of the countries brazil of america, or mexico of america, or even el salvador of america. apparently there aren't many in the world that have. that explains why when people around the globe say americans, its understood that they are speaking about people from the united states of america.

Great Discovery Columbus.. But in a serious note, yes you are correct , the name of this nation is The United States of America. The people in this nation are North Americans. But is Globe History for a different blog.

are you for giving Israel to the Native Palestinians?

Wouldn't be tje same controversial topic generated if Mexico begins claiming New Mexico??

Would it matter, technically both parties still would have claim.

I don’t agree in giving undocumented individuals the upper hand.. But, our law makers will not find a resolution prior taking this event to the next step. They don’t have the workers to fulfill the vacancies left in farms, construction, and other if they remove the illegals..

But, if you are an employeer looking for hard working individual willing to work for $3, what would you do? Post an add in the paper? call your local union? and expect indivuduals looking to get pay no less than $25 p/h?

Come on people, not even those living from our hard working tax dollars are willing to go there when they get free food money every month.. Is our own fault, I think.

"Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all. Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity. It is right and it is duty." -- NAPF page on Oscar Romero

Wife'sTime Line My link

Let's consider this for a minute, shall we? Illegals do work on farms. In fact, they make up an estimated 30% of the agricultural workforce. That leaves 70% of that workforce being someone other than an illegal alien. Hard to make a case that only illegals can or would fill those jobs. Then, of course, there's the fact that illegals take jobs in other industries as well. Roughly 25% of the workers in construction, custodial work and the groundkeeping / landscaping are estimated to be illegal aliens. Again, 75% of the workforce in these areas is legal and they are doing these jobs. Then there's an estimated 20% share of illegal workers in the restaurant business vs. 80% of that workforce being legal.

Given these numbers, I'm not sure how the claim can be taken seriously that illegals do the work Americans or lawful immigrants won't do. It simply isn't true. There were reports about meat packaging plants that were raided by ICE which resulted in Americans and lawful immigrants showing up to apply for the jobs done by illegal aliens prior to the raids. Or the resort in GA that was recently highlighted in a thread here. How come? How is it possible that people that are legally able to work here apply for these jobs if the claim were true that illegals fill a void that lawful eligible workers won't fill? It isn't.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Don’t Get it twisted, make sure the context applies to you. If it does, is only one way to alleviate the itch.

Great Discovery Columbus.. But in a serious note, yes you are correct , the name of this nation is The United States of America. The people in this nation are North Americans. But is Globe History for a different blog.

Wouldn't be tje same controversial topic generated if Mexico begins claiming New Mexico??

I don’t agree in giving undocumented individuals the upper hand.. But, our law makers will not find a resolution prior taking this event to the next step. They don’t have the workers to fulfill the vacancies left in farms, construction, and other if they remove the illegals..

But, if you are an employeer looking for hard working individual willing to work for $3, what would you do? Post an add in the paper? call your local union? and expect indivuduals looking to get pay no less than $25 p/h?

Come on people, not even those living from our hard working tax dollars are willing to go there when they get free food money every month.. Is our own fault, I think.

Its an illegal wage.

Its an illegal wage.

It is an illegal wage, but is our fault we have allowed this to happened? But, is not only here.. we go and explote cheap labor in other contries as well.. Money there will be all relative..

who is right and who is wrong.. Different points of views

"Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all. Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity. It is right and it is duty." -- NAPF page on Oscar Romero

Wife'sTime Line My link

This is so trivial, it's ridiculous.

The argument is essentially that Americans won't do the jobs that illegals do for the wages that illegals get. I don't know of anybody who wants a $3/hr job with no overtime (which would be $4.50/hr) that requires 12 hour days out in the sunlight. At least farmers are surrounded by grass and dirt rather than hot radiating concrete like construction workers do.

But raise that hourly wage, as it obviously MUST be raised due to low supply of workers, and magically those jobs will start to fill up. The college kid who is working graveyard shift at McDonalds all of a sudden figures out it's worth it to work on a farm for the summer. The gas station cashier who can barely pay his rent figures out that working on a farm for a year can mean getting ahead financially.

People who own farms obviously don't want the above to happen. They want the status queue with no enforcement. But it's the same way in any business. The employer wants to pay the minimum required to satisfy his demand for a good work force, while the employee wants the maximum possible compensation for his labour.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Nonetheless, illegal immigration are only guilty in continuously feeding "North Americans" [to be politically correct] their wide and self religiousness {spoil and arrogant [generally speaking]}.. but of course, would love to see IM prove them wrong.

I resent that. :angry:

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

The argument is essentially that Americans won't do the jobs that illegals do for the wages that illegals get.

So true. They would rather collect unemployment, it would be much better pay and they wouldn't have to stand outside all day working their azz off. I don't blame anyone for that.

Maybe some agricultural jobs WILL be filled by american workers once unemployment benefits start to run out in large numbers at a time.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

well aristotle maybe you should learn to quote your intended target before you throw flame bait & your philosophy on matters. so, it won't be misunderstood who its directed at.

7yqZWFL.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Let's consider this for a minute, shall we? Illegals do work on farms. In fact, they make up an estimated 30% of the agricultural workforce. That leaves 70% of that workforce being someone other than an illegal alien. Hard to make a case that only illegals can or would fill those jobs. Then, of course, there's the fact that illegals take jobs in other industries as well. Roughly 25% of the workers in construction, custodial work and the groundkeeping / landscaping are estimated to be illegal aliens. Again, 75% of the workforce in these areas is legal and they are doing these jobs. Then there's an estimated 20% share of illegal workers in the restaurant business vs. 80% of that workforce being legal.

Given these numbers, I'm not sure how the claim can be taken seriously that illegals do the work Americans or lawful immigrants won't do. It simply isn't true. There were reports about meat packaging plants that were raided by ICE which resulted in Americans and lawful immigrants showing up to apply for the jobs done by illegal aliens prior to the raids. Or the resort in GA that was recently highlighted in a thread here. How come? How is it possible that people that are legally able to work here apply for these jobs if the claim were true that illegals fill a void that lawful eligible workers won't fill? It isn't.

Beyond this, assuming everything the workers are saying is true, they show a simple lack of economic understanding. If farmers can't find anyone to pick their fruit, they will have to increase wages or improve working conditions. It's not as if farmers are simply going to give up and not pick their strawberries. Sure, prices in the grocery store will go up. But if the economy is doing better, there will be more money to buy cherries.

The reality is, illegal workers, especially those with seasonal jobs, are spending their money in Mexico. That is hurting the US economy far more than unemployment. If they were spending the money here, it wouldn't create such a drain on the economy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

legals won't take those jobs for the same slave wages.

without the illegals here to drive down wages, americans would do those job, but the pay would be higher.

and yes, we would pay more for food, but we would get it back in so many other ways... hospitals and education and more. plus, those wages would be spent right here in america, not sent to mexico.

so yeah, americans will step up as soon as those f'ers get the f out of this country. so get the heck out of america if you want american to take your jobs.

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.