Pooky

Amnesty by Executive order

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

A pardon for crimes committed is one thing. The constitution specifically gives the ability to regulate immigration and naturalization to congress.

He can certainly pardon all illegal aliens for any crimes they have committed, but that wouldn't give them any status other than "non-criminal." Constitutionally, only congress can approve a system for giving them status.

What a piece of garbage article by alarmist lawmakers. Haha.

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

if this happens, can we do a recall election?

The US Constitution provides an excellent mechanism for dealing with abuses such as this; it is called Impeachment. After the election in November, there will likely be enough votes in the House to force a trial in the Senate for such an abuse of power. I suspect that the White House may threaten this move, as a negotiating tactic; but it is unlikely they would risk an all but inevitable response of Impeachment. The Legislative branch of government would feel compelled to strongly respond to a gross usurpation of their co-equal legislative authority.

The "Chicago style" strong arm tactics of the Administration will likely mitigate, as the current Chief of Staff heads out the door. ;)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

What a piece of garbage article by alarmist lawmakers. Haha.

Couldn't find any source denying it as a possibility nor why it's impossible.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

A pardon for crimes committed is one thing. The constitution specifically gives the ability to regulate immigration and naturalization to congress.

Immigration isn't mentioned in the Constitution and Congress makes a uniform Rule of Naturalization. Executive orders aren't in the Constitution either but they have the effect of a statute. The EO can be struck down by the Supreme Court. Obama needs to can handpick another justice in the net 2 years so it's not impossible.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Obama needs to can handpick another justice in the net 2 years so it's not impossible.

At this rate, he'll have personal justices by the time he's out of there.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

At this rate, he'll have personal justices by the time he's out of there.

he is going to need them when it comes out he and bloyavich were working the Seante seat scam.

he is going to need them when it comes out he and bloyavich were working the Seante seat scam.

I still haven't heard what they did that was illegal.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Bunch of stupid people again debating a topic that has two perspective. Nobody will rationalize.

one stupid person thinking rationalisation trumps constitutional structure.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Wasn't the constitution made from rational people?

Although, a stupid person don't understand that.

vader-fail.jpg

one stupid person thinking rationalisation trumps constitutional structure.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

4113.jpg

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Evidently many fail to grasp the United States of America has three levels of government. The president is one of three, without the other two he does diddly-squat. People scapegoated Bush and now Obama and surely will do the exact same thing with the next president and so on. Aren't Americans sick and tired of this BS game? Round and round you go while absolutely nothing gets done. You guys need to write to your senators and house reps and demand they fix this mess and that reform should never ever mean rewarding those who enter a sovereign nation at their leisure

Edited by Booyah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Wasn't the constitution made from rational people?

Although, a stupid person don't understand that.

vader-fail.jpg

You once had a go at me for seemingly throwing random snarkiness into threads, without solid content to go with it. Not only were you wrong then, you seem to have taken it upon yourself to do just what you wrongly accused me of doing. Nice to see a case of do as I say, not as I do.

The subject here isn't just illegal immigration. It is the possibility of this administration doing an end-run around Congress when they know the country is against the issue and that they do not have enough support in Congress to pass immigration "reform", to arrange an amnesty for at least 12 million illegal immigrants. It is about the possibility of a stupendous abuse of power by this administration. It is about the administration committing this country to government by a near dictatorship. It is about the real likelihood of impeachment of the President, should he pursue this course.

It won't just be Republicans baying for his blood if this becomes reality, either. There will be a substantial number of Democrats who would see this for what it is, an arrogant dismissal of their role in government, and want him brought down, preferably before he condemns the Democrat party to political oblivion.

And, most tellingly, the White House has not issued a denial of this story. When Senator Kyl spoke of the President not wanting to secure the border, so that Senators would have an incentive to vote for immigration reform, the denial was out the very next morning. On this, all I can hear are crickets.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

One side much?

You once had a go at me for seemingly throwing random snarkiness into threads, without solid content to go with it. Not only were you wrong then, you seem to have taken it upon yourself to do just what you wrongly accused me of doing. Nice to see a case of do as I say, not as I do.

The subject here isn't just illegal immigration. It is the possibility of this administration doing an end-run around Congress when they know the country is against the issue and that they do not have enough support in Congress to pass immigration "reform", to arrange an amnesty for at least 12 million illegal immigrants. It is about the possibility of a stupendous abuse of power by this administration. It is about the administration committing this country to government by a near dictatorship. It is about the real likelihood of impeachment of the President, should he pursue this course.

It won't just be Republicans baying for his blood if this becomes reality, either. There will be a substantial number of Democrats who would see this for what it is, an arrogant dismissal of their role in government, and want him brought down, preferably before he condemns the Democrat party to political oblivion.

And, most tellingly, the White House has not issued a denial of this story. When Senator Kyl spoke of the President not wanting to secure the border, so that Senators would have an incentive to vote for immigration reform, the denial was out the very next morning. On this, all I can hear are crickets.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg