sajaan

HELP NEEDED FOR I864

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hi VJ friends this is realy urgent its been three weeks and i still cant figure out what to do i am filling out I864 for my sister who will be coming with her 5kids and husband 7 of them, my income was realy low lastyear only $15.000 and i need atlest $55 to $60.000 for them . now with all my effort i got one co-sponser with $35.000 income with two dependents. i realy cant find anyone else, this is like no hope. do u think i have any other option. if there is plz help me out here . i am thinking the last option is left to me is have my sister back home in pakistan fill out one I864. she and her husband have good income.but they get pay in pakistani currency. if they fill out I864 as an intending immigrant do they have to converd the pakistani money into the dollars :unsure: plz reply with ur best knowledge thank u soo much for ur time.

They can only use their income if they can prove it will continue from the same source after moving to the US.

And to add, the value would be converted to USD for any calculations. (since you using a US poverty level value)

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline

OK DO THEY BOTH FILL OUT I864A . OR MY SISTER FILLOUT I864 AND HER HUSBAND FILL OUT I864A . ALOSO if they both fillout I864A

what do they put in .part 2 no.13 / and in part 3 no 15. also part 1 no.11 asking for federal tax infomation . does that aapplice to them also ? :unsure:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

OK DO THEY BOTH FILL OUT I864A . OR MY SISTER FILLOUT I864 AND HER HUSBAND FILL OUT I864A . ALOSO if they both fillout I864A

what do they put in .part 2 no.13 / and in part 3 no 15. also part 1 no.11 asking for federal tax infomation . does that aapplice to them also ? :unsure:

You are getting really confused here. I don't think you are understanding the affidavit of support. Have you read all the instructions a few times? They have no federal tax information - how could they, they are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents and they are living in another country.

You cannot use their income. First of all, it has to be continuing after they move to the U.S. and secondly they must currently be living with you.

Do they have any cash assets of their own?

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

they both working rite now so do they just get the letters from the employee that their jobs going to be continuing after they gets here with the amount they get . also their bank accounts plus their properties. like a apreasial for the house. what else to they need and do they have to filout any forms or i just show their income into my I864. question what is I864A is then.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Can the immigrant visa applicant count assets that he or she owns that are outside the United States, such as real estate or personal property?

Yes, under these conditions:

* The assets must be readily convertible to cash within 12 months

* The applicant must show that he/she can take the money or assets out of the country where they are located. Many countries have strict regulations which limit the amount of cash or liquid assets that can be taken out of the country

* The assets equal at least five times the difference between the sponsor's income and 125 percent of the poverty line for the household size.

If your sister and her family have assets that meet these requirements then they can use them towards the income requirements.

Question? How is their income from their current jobs going to continue, in other words how are they going to continue working at their jobs and receive an income from there after they arrive in the US?

Timeline

Question? How is their income from their current jobs going to continue, in other words how are they going to continue working at their jobs and receive an income from there after they arrive in the US?

Yes, before we can help you, you need to answer this question belinda has asked.

Also, do they have lots of money (assets) as well?

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

1st thank your soo much for ur reply the answer is yes they do have good assets which they will be able to converte into the cash if they need to they have their own real state car and bank accounts . 2nd about the jobs what if they take a leave of absent and then they go back . u think its possible or no . or they should just show their assts and what ever they have which can be avalible if there is need . if so what do they have to do , do they fillout any form? :unsure:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Why are you sponsoring them if they are going back, seems a total waste.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

The jobs do not count if the intending immigrant has to be abroad to do it.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

ok the jobs does not count . what about for their assets and the cash they have my question is that how can they show that into the I864 form . do they fillout that form or no .

You really need to read the instructions for the I-864, it would help.

Right, the jobs cannot count. Not just because they wont have them in the U.S. - also because they have to be living with you, they are not.

As for assets (cash is an asset), yes they can use their own assets. If they are using other things they have to prove they own them. So if it was an investment, they would need proof of the value of the investment, whether it's bonds or a house. They may or may not be able to use a house that is not located in the U.S., the consular officer will make that decision.

You would include the value of these assets on your I-864 - item 28: 28. Assets of the principal sponsored immigrant.

From page 8 of the I-864:

If your total household income does not meet the requirement, you may submit evidence of the value of your assets, the sponsored immigrant's assets, and/or assets of a household member that can be used, if necessary, for the support of the intending immigrant(s). The value of assets of all of these persons may be combined in order to meet the necessary requirement.

From page 9 of the I-864

Only assets that can be converted into cash within one yearand without considerable hardship or financial loss to the owner may be included. The owner of the asset must include a description of the asset, proof of ownership, and the basis for the owner's claim of its net cash value.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Trailmix gave a good answer. You may also want to check with your local US consulate- as mentioned, many embassies will not allow foreign assets, so your sister may need to transfer those assets to the USA- ie open a US bank account, purchase a house in the USA (which is what we did) or similar.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.