lyekka

Just received Request for initial evidence.

7 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, we just received the dreaded RFE today. They are requesting us to submit a complete Federal Income tax return that was submitted to the IRS for the most recent tax year. I sent tax transcripts for 2008 and 2007 but didnt have one for 2009. Now my question is, is there a difference between a copy of a completed tax return and a tax transcript? Can I just get a tax transcript for 2009 and send that? My brain usually works, but when you get a Request for initial evidence it fries your brain. Thanks for any help.

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am following this thread...cuz we don't have 2009 tax too, we are only planning to submit 2008 and 2007...Thanks for bringing this up

:star: Goodluck, please keep us updated...thanks!!!

sum

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hey everyone, we just received the dreaded RFE today. They are requesting us to submit a complete Federal Income tax return that was submitted to the IRS for the most recent tax year. I sent tax transcripts for 2008 and 2007 but didnt have one for 2009. Now my question is, is there a difference between a copy of a completed tax return and a tax transcript? Can I just get a tax transcript for 2009 and send that? My brain usually works, but when you get a Request for initial evidence it fries your brain. Thanks for any help.

Is there a difference? Yeah, of course there's a difference. A complete copy of the federal income tax return is filled out by the taxpayer. A transcript is generated by the IRS from the computer files after receiving and processing that tax return.

Is there a difference to USCIS? Not really. I've never heard of USCIS refusing a transcript and insisting on a copy of the complete tax return instead. Since most people use eFile, a copy of their federal income tax return wouldn't really be a copy of the documents they sent to the IRS since they never actually SENT any documents to the IRS. It would just be a copy generated from their own records.

In other words, the transcript should be fine.

To summer0573 - You'll need the 2009 tax return or transcript. They require a copy of the tax return or transcript for the most recent tax year. It's now after April 15th, so the most recent tax year is 2009. If you submit only 2007 and 2008 then you will almost certainly get an RFE.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I am following this thread...cuz we don't have 2009 tax too, we are only planning to submit 2008 and 2007...Thanks for bringing this up

:star: Goodluck, please keep us updated...thanks!!!

You MUST file 2009. As of April 15, 2010 the "most recent" tax year is 2009.

If you have not filed 2009 but you were required to, you must include a letter explaining why you haven't. If you've applied for an extension include that.

**edit - Jim beat me to it by 1 minute :D

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

LOL thanks Jim and Vanessa. You guys are always a great source of info, I was hoping one of yall would respond and I got both hehe. Anyways, Im going to go in to my local IRS office tomorrow and get my transcript since that should suffice. There is one near my work so its not a biggie. My mom wont be back home until wednesday so hopefully she will finally get what I asked her to over and over and just scan and email them to me by the end of the week. Either way we are still ahead of the game, our biometrics appointment was scheduled for this wednesday, and thank goodness we did a walk in or the RFE would have come later as the RFE was printed after they had touched our i485 and i765 due to our walkin. Its not a big deal, just the small delay is crappy. Thanks guys, Ill keep ya posted!

Jules

ROC

Date Sent : 06/07/2012

Date Received :06/09/2012

Check Cashed : 06/13/2012

NOA Date : 06/11/2012

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Greencard Received:

pwned_girl.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.