one...two...tree

SC State Senator calls Obama and a gubernatorial candidate a "raghead"

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

by Corey Hutchins, Free-Times

With a bead of sweat rolling down the side of his face outside a Columbia bar, Republican S.C. Sen. Jake Knotts called Lexington Rep. Nikki Haley, an Indian-American Republican woman running for governor, a "raghead" several times while explaining how he believed she was hiding her true religion from voters.

"She's a f#!king raghead," Knotts said.

He later clarified his statement. He did not mean to use the F-word.

Knotts says he believed Haley has been set up by a network of Sikhs and was programmed to run for governor of South Carolina by outside influences in foreign countries. He claims she is hiding her religion and he wants the voters to know about it.

"We got a raghead in Washington; we don't need one in South Carolina," Knotts said more than once. "She's a raghead that's ashamed of her religion trying to hid it behind being Methodist for political reasons."

President Obama's father is from Africa. His mother is a white woman from Kansas.

On her website, Haley says, "Being a Christian is not about words, but about living for Christ every day."

knotts.jpg

Knotts, a former boxer and cop from West Columbia, said he wasn't worried about being called a racist for the remarks he made. He says he was elected to the Senate to represent his constituents which he says he does well. He says many of his supporters are black.

"This is Jakie Knotts trying to let the people know," he said about his motivations for leveling the inflammatory charges against a minority Republican frontrunner for governor just days before the June 8 primary elections. He says he's called her a raghead before.

Knotts is backing Republican Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer for governor.

Bauer this week fired one of his lead consultants, Columbia lobbyist Larry Marchant, for what he called "inappropriate conduct." Marchant told the media shortly after that he'd had sex with Haley at a conference in Utah while they were both married. The claim comes after blogger Will Folks said he'd also had a relationship with Haley in early 2007.

Knotts showed up unexpectedly at the Flying Saucer bar in Columbia's Vista for a live taping of the online political talk show Pub Politics, which is co-hosted by Senate Republican Caucus political director Wesley Donehue and his Democratic counterpart, Phil Bailey. Democratic S.C. Rep Boyd Brown of Fairfield County was a guest.

Knotts initially made the racial slur on the show.

Neither Donehue, Bailey nor Brown challenged Knotts on his remark during or after the broadcast.

"I was floored," Donehue said after the cameras were off.

"Senator Knotts took it a step too far," Bailey said afterward. "I don't agree with it … [but] it's not my job to question Jakie Knotts."

After the broadcast, Knotts stood in a corner on the deck of the bar and defended his remarks.

"This isn't the first time I've said it," Knotts said. "I'm not on a crusade to downgrade her, but if someone asks me I'll tell 'em. And look here, someone wants to vote for her knowing the truth, vote for her."

Knotts said that South Carolina is a religious community.

"We need a good Christian to be our governor," he said. "She's hiding her religion. She ought to be proud of it. I'm proud of my god."

Knotts says he believes Haley's father has been sending letters to India saying that Haley is the first Sikh running for high office in America. He says her father walks around Lexington wearing a turban.

"We're at war over there," Knotts said.

Asked to clarify, he said he did not mean the United States was at war with India, but was at war with "foreign countries."

http://www.free-time...860406103619087

It's like the Republicans and the Conservatives are out to win the competition who's the most racist of them all. And their contingents actually tolerate racism, religious fanaticism, chauvinism, anti-science-ism, anti-progressivism, anti-liberalism, anti-constitutionalism, anti-governmentalism, anti-internationalism, anti-humanism.

What's one single good about being Republicans/Conservative?

Edited by IndigoSkies

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

Someone needs to stick their foot up the fat bastards #### (pardon my language)

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

It's like the Republicans and the Conservatives are out to win the competition who's the most racist of them all. And their contingents actually tolerate racism, religious fanaticism, chauvinism, anti-science-ism, anti-progressivism, anti-liberalism, anti-constitutionalism, anti-governmentalism, anti-internationalism, anti-humanism.

I didn't realize every single conservative person was exactly the same. How did I, as a conservative, manage to marry an Indian??

Edited by chri'stina

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

You are joking right? While some of your points are valid, let's not pretend libs in this country are any better or some sort of beacon of humanity. A good portion of this country's problems are directly linked to or a result of lib ideals, like crime.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Did you notice the part where the Haley, the Republican challenger, was Indian-American?

The raghead part was out of line but how many Sikhs can there be in South Carolina anyway? It was about as out of line as as your anti-list. You forgot anti-matter.

With a bead of sweat rolling down the side of his face outside a Columbia bar, Republican S.C. Sen. Jake Knotts called Lexington Rep. Nikki Haley, an Indian-American Republican woman running for governor, a "raghead" several times while explaining how he believed she was hiding her true religion from voters.

Knotts says he believed Haley has been set up by a network of Sikhs and was programmed to run for governor of South Carolina by outside influences in foreign countries. He claims she is hiding her religion and he wants the voters to know about it.

On her website, Haley says, "Being a Christian is not about words, but about living for Christ every day."

Edited by alienlovechild

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

how come there's moderation on OT when in real life even "educated politicians" don't hold their tongue?

Education isn't a requirement to run for office and the 1st Amendment doesn't apply on this website.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Did you notice the part where the Haley, the Republican challenger, was Indian-American?

The raghead part was out of line but how many Sikhs can there be in South Carolina anyway? It was about as out of line as as your anti-list. You forgot anti-matter.

Anti-matter was covered under anti-science-ism. I'm sure fanatical religious zealous of Republican and conservative stripes don't believe in anti-matter as much as they don't believe in stem-cell research.

Republicans have a few "other" here and their as poster boys. It's not about having Indian-American in their ranks. Indians-Americans or Indian can be as racists. So my questions about what are some good things about being a Republican/Conservative went unanswered.

Don't get me started on the lib-tards. I won't stop.

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

by Corey Hutchins, Free-Times

"She's a f#!king raghead," Knotts said.

He later clarified his statement. He did not mean to use the F-word.

"We got a raghead in Washington; we don't need one in South Carolina," Knotts said more than once. "She's a raghead that's ashamed of her religion trying to hid it behind being Methodist for political reasons."

President Obama's father is from Africa. His mother is a white woman from Kansas.

knotts.jpg

Knotts, a former boxer and cop from West Columbia, said he wasn't worried about being called a racist for the remarks he made. He says he was elected to the Senate to represent his constituents which he says he does well. He says many of his supporters are black.

"This is Jakie Knotts trying to let the people know," he said about his motivations for leveling the inflammatory charges against a minority Republican frontrunner for governor just days before the June 8 primary elections. He says he's called her a raghead before.

Knotts is backing Republican Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer for governor.

Bauer this week fired one of his lead consultants, Columbia lobbyist Larry Marchant, for what he called "inappropriate conduct." Marchant told the media shortly after that he'd had sex with Haley at a conference in Utah while they were both married. The claim comes after blogger Will Folks said he'd also had a relationship with Haley in early 2007.

Knotts showed up unexpectedly at the Flying Saucer bar in Columbia's Vista for a live taping of the online political talk show Pub Politics, which is co-hosted by Senate Republican Caucus political director Wesley Donehue and his Democratic counterpart, Phil Bailey. Democratic S.C. Rep Boyd Brown of Fairfield County was a guest.

Knotts initially made the racial slur on the show.

Neither Donehue, Bailey nor Brown challenged Knotts on his remark during or after the broadcast.

"I was floored," Donehue said after the cameras were off.

"Senator Knotts took it a step too far," Bailey said afterward. "I don't agree with it … [but] it's not my job to question Jakie Knotts."

After the broadcast, Knotts stood in a corner on the deck of the bar and defended his remarks.

"This isn't the first time I've said it," Knotts said. "I'm not on a crusade to downgrade her, but if someone asks me I'll tell 'em. And look here, someone wants to vote for her knowing the truth, vote for her."

Knotts said that South Carolina is a religious community.

"We need a good Christian to be our governor," he said. "She's hiding her religion. She ought to be proud of it. I'm proud of my god."

Knotts says he believes Haley's father has been sending letters to India saying that Haley is the first Sikh running for high office in America. He says her father walks around Lexington wearing a turban.

"We're at war over there," Knotts said.

Asked to clarify, he said he did not mean the United States was at war with India, but was at war with "foreign countries."

http://www.free-time...860406103619087

What a gem. Do they have some sort of perfunctory intelligence or general knowledge test before you get to be a senator? Seriously, he sounds functionally retarded. With apologies to actual developmentally disabled people. The worst part is that this--"He says he was elected to the Senate to represent his constituents which he says he does well."--may well be true. With apologies to non-idiotic South Carolinians.

owl.jpg

I-129F Sent : 2010-02-01

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-02-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-03-12

NVC Received : 2010-03-18

NVC Left : 2010-03-22

Consulate Received : 2010-04-12

Packet 3 Received : 2010-04-14

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-04-16 (logged 2010-04-27)

Packet 4 Received : 2010-04-29

Interview Date : 2010-06-02

Interview Result : APPROVED!!!!!!

Visa in hand: 2010-06-09

POE: 2010-06-11

We is married now!: 2010-06-24

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So how is this different to Harry Reid's comment?

One's an ignorant comment that belies how racism permeates even those who abhor it on a conscious level. The other is a willful, toxic bid to preserve broad, unapologetic racism as a viable form of expression.

owl.jpg

I-129F Sent : 2010-02-01

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-02-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-03-12

NVC Received : 2010-03-18

NVC Left : 2010-03-22

Consulate Received : 2010-04-12

Packet 3 Received : 2010-04-14

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-04-16 (logged 2010-04-27)

Packet 4 Received : 2010-04-29

Interview Date : 2010-06-02

Interview Result : APPROVED!!!!!!

Visa in hand: 2010-06-09

POE: 2010-06-11

We is married now!: 2010-06-24

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

One's an ignorant comment that belies how racism permeates even those who abhor it on a conscious level. The other is a willful, toxic bid to preserve broad, unapologetic racism as a viable form of expression.

Wrong.

There is no difference in the comments. Both are racist.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png