LMFAO

I NEED HELP! About my AOS interview

19 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! its me again lol My husband is a member of the Airforce, he is stationed in Italy but right now he is deployed in AFGHANISTAN. My AOS interview is scheduled next month, since hes a military member, CAN I EXPEDITE MY CASE? or something. Some military spouses have posted stories about this, but i really would like to talk to people who know something about this. Please enlighten me! thank you

From what I've read, because he cant go to the interview with you, you need to get a copy of his deployment order and take it to the interview with you.

I'm sure other people will chime in though for more accurate info.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

From what I've read, because he cant go to the interview with you, you need to get a copy of his deployment order and take it to the interview with you.

I'm sure other people will chime in though for more accurate info.

Yes i have copies of his orders, PCS and deployment. Someone mentioned that she expedited her interview with immigration and her reason was her husband was going on deployment.

Hm, the only other thing I can really think of is calling the USCIS to get their opinion, or see if you can get a hold of someone at the military who knows stuff about immigration...

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Hm, the only other thing I can really think of is calling the USCIS to get their opinion, or see if you can get a hold of someone at the military who knows stuff about immigration...

yes il definitely call uscis but um i think theyre closed tomorrow ahh sad i wana know the answers now lol

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

yes il definitely call uscis but um i think theyre closed tomorrow ahh sad i wana know the answers now lol

Ask the JAG officer from the military before you bother with USCIS. When you do call USCIS ask for a supervisor. There have been members her on V J that have reported their visas were expidited because of military deployment. Your case may be different because he is already deployed outside the USA. What is the reason you need the expidited AOS?

Ask the JAG officer from the military before you bother with USCIS. When you do call USCIS ask for a supervisor. There have been members her on V J that have reported their visas were expidited because of military deployment. Your case may be different because he is already deployed outside the USA. What is the reason you need the expidited AOS?

i wana if i can move it to an earlier date. I'm okay with going to the interview alone but i was just wondering that maybe i could do what other military spouses have done. plus my interview is more or less a month from today, ahh its taking forever. :( i was wondering if i can be approved without the interview because husband isnt here to go with me for the scheduled date. I wana get done with the GC thing so i can start processing my papers with the military. they required me to be a permanent resident before i can process the whole command sponsorship, it got aproved already but i still need the GC for me to be able to apply for the visa going to europe

click the link under this and I hope it help....call them and try to expedite ur case...goodluck and have fun calling them..

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=7d1f8430256b3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=7d1f8430256b3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD

Hi everyone! its me again lol My husband is a member of the Airforce, he is stationed in Italy but right now he is deployed in AFGHANISTAN. My AOS interview is scheduled next month, since hes a military member, CAN I EXPEDITE MY CASE? or something. Some military spouses have posted stories about this, but i really would like to talk to people who know something about this. Please enlighten me! thank you

btw u dnt need a visa to go live with ur husband in italy..if u r on his orders U can go there without visa..orders,passport,goverment Id and GC thats all u need to enter italy(";since u know the military helpline why dont u just call them and ask them cuz u might get the answer that satisfy u...

I know the military help line girl :) but thanks

btw u dnt need a visa to go live with ur husband in italy..if u r on his orders U can go there without visa..orders,passport,goverment Id and GC thats all u need to enter italy(";since u know the military helpline why dont u just call them and ask them cuz u might get the answer that satisfy u...

Hun, I need visa to be able to live with him in Italy. As i have said in my older posts, I WENT TO THE MILITARY BASE to process my papers and thats what they told me, also thats what the ITALIAN EMBASSY said. And hey, if youre annoyed you dont need to reply. :) and thats why i'm asking people here is maybe some people have already experienced the same situation, and for sure the military helpline can't answer "other people's experiences" and btw those people who answer you when you call the military help line aren't immigration officers or what not, they are only CALL CENTER AGENTS. Again, dont talk smart coz i know you have never experienced my situation. and honestly, you dont need to reply to my posts.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Hun, I need visa to be able to live with him in Italy. As i have said in my older posts, I WENT TO THE MILITARY BASE to process my papers and thats what they told me, also thats what the ITALIAN EMBASSY said. And hey, if youre annoyed you dont need to reply. :) and thats why i'm asking people here is maybe some people have already experienced the same situation, and for sure the military helpline can't answer "other people's experiences" and btw those people who answer you when you call the military help line aren't immigration officers or what not, they are only CALL CENTER AGENTS. Again, dont talk smart coz i know you have never experienced my situation. and honestly, you dont need to reply to my posts.

is there really any need to be rude to someone who is trying to offer some help??? even if its not useful there is no need to be rude is there??

Event Date

US Entry : 2004-04-24

Marriage : 2009-02-28

I-130 Sent : 2009-06-17

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-07-23

I-130 Approved : 2009-08-20

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Cleveland OH

Date Filed : 2009-06-17

NOA Date : 2009-06-19

Bio. Appt. : 2009-07-15

Interview Date : 2009-08-24 Submit Review

Approval / Denial Date : 2010-05-26

Approved : Yes

Got I551 Stamp : No

Greencard Received:

Comments : had to attend a 2nd interview on the 26th may but it was then aprroved :)

Employment Authorization Document

CIS Office : Cleveland OH

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2009-06-17

NOA Date : 2009-07-24

Approved Date : 2009-08-19

Date Card Received : 2009-08-21

Estimates/Stats : Your EAD was approved in 63 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.