Roy Hare

How To: get my filipina's visa approved, already been denied once

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm in Okinawa, Japan right now and I'm in the U.S. Army, and I'm trying to get my fiancee over here with me but her visa has already been denied once, what could i do to ensure that she will get one the next time around ?? please help i need her here with me :(

Edited by Roy Hare

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It really depends on why she was denied the first time around. Without knowing that we can't really tell you what you might do differently next time.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

well we think the reason why she got denied the first time is that we said she had a job ? i don't know the truth about it cause i wasn't there but is it possible ? and if that was the reason, besides telling the embassy that she doesn't have a job anymore, is there anything we could do extra to make it easier for my fiancee ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You got some answers when you asked this before, here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/255513-help-with-k-1-visa/

Basically, you need to see the paper she was given with the exact reason. When you say job, did she tell the interviewer that she would have a job in the USA? If so, they may have thought the visa was for that, rather than because you two truly love eachother.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Did your fiancee ever send you the denial or any 221g's that were given.

Really need to know exactly what the verbage was on those documents so you can prepare and address them. Without knowing exactly why, it would only be speculation and guessing is certainly not a good way to approach a previous denial.

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Timeline

thanks for all your info on it, for real i appreciate it very much. Sorry about the re-post i just couldn't find my original post because I'm new on here. I'll ask her a bunch of questions tonight and I'll post more info on it later thanks again :) You all made my day, i didn't know about the 221 G

Timeline

I'm still trying to figure it out. No she didn't work in a bar or anything like that she's in the Philippines right now and was at the time we did the first visa and we said that she was a restaurant clerk because she works at her mom's restaurant. she says they just denied her the visa, she didn't get any paperwork, and they told her it was because she failed the interview ?? i don't know what that is because i just sent all the paperwork on my end, and sent the money for her to go to manila. I'm so confused and i don't know what to do cause i don't want her to fail again because i don't know if we'll make it through !!

my fiancee thinks that it was because we didn't give them enough information like messages between us because its usually on yahoo messenger, and when she gave the pictures to them, they looked at them and gave them back

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You need to know precisely why she was denied. Having a job is not a reason for a denial, unless she worked illegally in the US or they suspected she would work illegally in the US, as someone mentioned in your other thread.

If your fiancee doesn't have the denial notice she got after the first interview, then you should file a Freedom Of Information Act request for the files from USCIS.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=34139c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=34139c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

In addition to knowing the exact reason for the denial, you also need to know the ultimate status of the case. Did USCIS close the petition because it had expired? Did they uphold the consular officers decision, and send a notice of intent to deny or revoke the approval of the petition? If so, did you respond to this notice? The answers to these questions will have a big effect on your future chances.

Finally, you can file a K1 petition while you're abroad, but you must file the petition in the US and provide a mailing address in the US. If your fiancee gets a visa then she'll be able to travel to the US, and you both must be married in the US. The K1 visa will not allow her to travel to Japan and be with you.

Isn't there an immigration liaison office on your post where you can get help with this?

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

I'm trying to get married in japan cause this is where i'll be stationed for the next 3 years, were not trying to get a visa for the u.s. were trying to get a visa for japan, once she gets here i know what to do but its getting her here thats the issue :(

Timeline

your right the U.S. cannot but there was another couple here in japan that left right after i got here and they got their visa completed here and married here and his wife was from the Philippines I'm just trying to figure out how they did it!!! but i appreciate the input :) and it wouldn't be the U.S. it would be the Japanese embassy

Edited by Roy Hare

You can get her a visa if you live in Japan. Since you are in the military, you are considered domiciled in the States. Use your home of record as the address on your petition. I know plenty of folks who brought fiances to Japan/Okinawa, and such. Go onto the USCIS webpage, they have a special link for military members.

It may work out better for you to go to the PI and get married. When you get back to Oki, you can apply for a SOFA card for your then WIFE, and she will not require a visa to join you. She will be a dependent ID card carrying wife...At that point you can direct file her spouse visa paperwork at the US consulate on the mainland, which will allow her to enter the States when you come back, or to travel...just a thought.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Marriage (if applicable): 2010-02-28

I-130 Sent : 2010-06-15

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-19

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved : 2010-08-03

NVC Received : 2010-08-10

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-08-17

Pay I-864 Bill 2010-09-01

Receive I-864 Package : 2010-09-18

Return Completed I-864 : 2010-09-21

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-09-25

Receive IV Bill : 2010-10-05

Pay IV Bill : 2010-10-06

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

your right the U.S. cannot but there was another couple here in japan that left right after i got here and they got their visa completed here and married here and his wife was from the Philippines I'm just trying to figure out how they did it!!! but i appreciate the input :) and it wouldn't be the U.S. it would be the Japanese embassy

Then her K1 denial shouldn't have anything to do with her application for a visa to Japan, since she'll be dealing with the Japanese embassy. It's doubtful you'll get much assistance on this forum. There may be some people in the Asia: East and Pacific subforum that have some insight about getting an extended stay visa to visit Japan, but it's unlikely anybody would have any experience with a Philippine national getting a visa to Japan, and it's likely to be a lot more complicated for a Philippine national than it would be for an American.

Good luck!

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Then her K1 denial shouldn't have anything to do with her application for a visa to Japan, since she'll be dealing with the Japanese embassy. It's doubtful you'll get much assistance on this forum. There may be some people in the Asia: East and Pacific subforum that have some insight about getting an extended stay visa to visit Japan, but it's unlikely anybody would have any experience with a Philippine national getting a visa to Japan, and it's likely to be a lot more complicated for a Philippine national than it would be for an American.

Good luck!

I think he`s saying she was denied a visa for Japan not a K1, am i right?

i don`t know what kind of visa she would need for you two to get married in Japan since you`re not japanese citizen , but i think you should take Filipinawife0210`s advice above.

I think that`s the best way to go (just my oppinion)!

Best of luck!

mGDboiw.jpgmGDbm4.png

zzflag019.gif united-states-flag.gif

03/31/2010 filed I129

12/16/2010 Interwiew-Approved

02/07/2011 POE-Chicago

03/16/2011 Wedding!!!

05/23/2011 AOS,EAD,AP apps sent

07/15/2011 EAD, AP approved

10/05/2011 AOS approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.