1,580 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Update!:

I checked to see if they had processed the I-130 fee on my bank and saw that it was cashed =) so this should mean I'll be getting an NOA 1 soon I hope!

I hope everyone else's experiences are going well or will be starting soon =)

I am glad for you.

My husband sent our papers on May,3th. We do not have any news now. I worry how long to wait.

"The two most powerful warriors are patience and time."

I am glad for you.

My husband sent our papers on May,3th. We do not have any news now. I worry how long to wait.

Did you mail the packet and get tracking with it and if so did you see if they received it yet? I know that at least being able to know they have it is a good feeling, I have been just as anxious, but being able to track things has helped me be able to have some peace of mind =). From what I have read it can take a couple of weeks for them to process the fee and send an NOA 1 so don't worry too much yet as long as you put everything together correctly.

Good luck =)

07-28-08 Married.

USCIS

05-04-10 Packet I-130 mailed.

05-06-10 Packet I-130 Arrived.

05-11-10 Packet I-130 Received by USCIS.

05-13-10 Touched.

05-17-10 NOA 1 Hardcopy Received.

11-03-10 Touched. Approved.

11-22-10 NOA2 hardcopy received.

NVC

11-04-10 DS-3032, I-864 Bill received.

11-04-10 E-mailed DS-3032.

11-05-10 DS-3032 Received.

11-04-10 AOS Bill paid.

11-05-10 IV Bill paid.

11-13-10 Sent IV and AOS.

11-15-10 IV and AOS Received.

11-30-10 IV and AOS in NVC system.

12-10-10 RFE.

12-11-10 Sent requested documents.

12-13-10 Documents arrived @ NVC.

01-10-11 Case complete at NVC.

Consulate

02-09-11 Husbands Medical Exam.

02-14-11 Interview. Approved.

5-14-11 POE

(Join the conversation! :) )

May 2010 CR-1/IR-1 Filers Thread

“Love is patient, love is kind, it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices in truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” (Corinthians 13:4-7)

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Did you mail the packet and get tracking with it and if so did you see if they received it yet? I know that at least being able to know they have it is a good feeling, I have been just as anxious, but being able to track things has helped me be able to have some peace of mind =). From what I have read it can take a couple of weeks for them to process the fee and send an NOA 1 so don't worry too much yet as long as you put everything together correctly.

Good luck =)

thank you for support. After I have sent this message, my husband has written, that they cashed check. I so am glad, that process has begun. Now we are waiting NOA1 and we will wait further.

Good luck to you too

"The two most powerful warriors are patience and time."

thank you for support. After I have sent this message, my husband has written, that they cashed check. I so am glad, that process has begun. Now we are waiting NOA1 and we will wait further.

Good luck to you too

Thats great news I hope everything continues to go well for you and I hope we do get our NOA 1's soon! Keep me updated if you'd like =).

07-28-08 Married.

USCIS

05-13-10 Touched.

NVC

11-04-10 AOS Bill paid.

11-05-10 IV Bill paid.

12-10-10 RFE.

Consulate

5-14-11 POE

“Love is patient, love is kind, it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices in truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” (Corinthians 13:4-7)

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

for anyone new here, not yet filed.

There is a form, G-1145G, at http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=d9056d4e88ac3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

that you can file WITH the I-130. It 'gives you' electronic notification that the casefile was received. IMO, removes much worry.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

for anyone new here, not yet filed.

There is a form, G-1145G, at http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=d9056d4e88ac3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

that you can file WITH the I-130. It 'gives you' electronic notification that the casefile was received. IMO, removes much worry.

Thats useful to know, but guess I can't do that now heh, hmm once you receive the NOA 1 can you sign up for updates at uscis or can you do it before?

07-28-08 Married.

USCIS

05-13-10 Touched.

NVC

11-04-10 AOS Bill paid.

11-05-10 IV Bill paid.

12-10-10 RFE.

Consulate

5-14-11 POE

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yea I figured because that's right in the middle of the holidays, but I'm sure after is a good time at the beginning of the year, like the march filers seemed to have been going at a nice pace. I hope this year will be a good year for better processing times. Still says 5 months though for I-130 though :unsure:

Cool! We are about the same at the moment then :D hope we get our NOA 1 's soon!

Hello, I received my NOA1 on 05.12.10 dated 05.07.2010. I now feel like I am lost because all I can do is wait!!! Can anyone help me on this issue?

I submitted my I-130 with all the supporting document required and some. I also changed my name to my husband's family name in February, 2010. WOW, what obstacles that I am facing!

First of all, the IRS has my tax return pending for over 8 weeks because of my name change even though I filed after the SS administration updated name change prior to me filing my taxes. I never received anything in writing from the IRS. I checked online. I requested a referral, but who knows how long that will take? I am early in the process, but I worry that I may not get my 2009 transcripts, because of this issue, when I need it for my affidavit of support. Not sure what to do.

Secondly, I received my NOA1 yesterday and they have my last name with my maiden name hyphenated and married name. On the I-130, I put my family name, but I included in parenthesis my married name. Should I have that corrected? All my ID's including SS card, driver's license, and passport only has my married name, not maiden name. If I request that to be corrected I know we are looking at an additional 30 day delay on top of the normal processing time. Should I let it go and let USCIS request a RFE if they deem it as an issue or not?

My husband wants me to fix it, but he is not familiar with how fast things can go wrong. I am not sure either. i posted this in a separate forum with no responses. I really need some advice.

Hello, I received my NOA1 on 05.12.10 dated 05.07.2010. I now feel like I am lost because all I can do is wait!!! Can anyone help me on this issue?

I submitted my I-130 with all the supporting document required and some. I also changed my name to my husband's family name in February, 2010. WOW, what obstacles that I am facing!

First of all, the IRS has my tax return pending for over 8 weeks because of my name change even though I filed after the SS administration updated name change prior to me filing my taxes. I never received anything in writing from the IRS. I checked online. I requested a referral, but who knows how long that will take? I am early in the process, but I worry that I may not get my 2009 transcripts, because of this issue, when I need it for my affidavit of support. Not sure what to do.

Secondly, I received my NOA1 yesterday and they have my last name with my maiden name hyphenated and married name. On the I-130, I put my family name, but I included in parenthesis my married name. Should I have that corrected? All my ID's including SS card, driver's license, and passport only has my married name, not maiden name. If I request that to be corrected I know we are looking at an additional 30 day delay on top of the normal processing time. Should I let it go and let USCIS request a RFE if they deem it as an issue or not?

My husband wants me to fix it, but he is not familiar with how fast things can go wrong. I am not sure either. i posted this in a separate forum with no responses. I really need some advice.

Congrats on your NOA 1

Did you make your own thread or just post in an already established thread?

I wish I could offer advice, but my situation is completely different. I have kept my maiden name and will probably change it later on after immigration I didn't want to have to change all my legal documents I just felt this would be easier on me imo, also I haven't needed to file tax returns was a student never had a job on which to be taxed for so I'll be using a co-sponsor (and starting a job this summer) so will probably be able to supplement it to further show financial stability.

It might be easier to make your own thread on the IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Process & Procedures. I'm sorry I couldn't help out I hope you find the information you need soon.

07-28-08 Married.

USCIS

05-13-10 Touched.

NVC

11-04-10 AOS Bill paid.

11-05-10 IV Bill paid.

12-10-10 RFE.

Consulate

5-14-11 POE

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congrats on your NOA 1

Did you make your own thread or just post in an already established thread?

I wish I could offer advice, but my situation is completely different. I have kept my maiden name and will probably change it later on after immigration I didn't want to have to change all my legal documents I just felt this would be easier on me imo, also I haven't needed to file tax returns was a student never had a job on which to be taxed for so I'll be using a co-sponsor (and starting a job this summer) so will probably be able to supplement it to further show financial stability.

It might be easier to make your own thread on the IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Process & Procedures. I'm sorry I couldn't help out I hope you find the information you need soon.

I did start my own thread, but i had no responses. I wanted to change my name quickly, so I did. Thank you!

Filed: Timeline

Just put in the application, it arrived yesterday.

Married on Feb 6th and really fed up. Bdeen faffed around by so many people. I saw how lightning fast some of the Feb applications have been processed, and I'm gutted to be frank.

Marriage cert took a month to arrive.

Wedding photos took another month.

Then the volcanic ash episode hit.

Also applying for the UK spousal visa but I haven't been able to apply yet! The initial application needs ALL the proof of income from the outset. People say it's easier than the US one but it's really not, I've had to wait months for everyone I've been relying on to produce the evidence I need.

Bank took over a month to get mde both my bank statements for the year. They sent them, they didn't arrive. SEnt again supposedly, didn't arrive. Then they blamed my postman. Made me pay for them again. Sent, this time arrived, hand addressed and sent personally by the clerk I complained to - but two copies of the same accoungt! NOT BOTH! Sent again, AGAIN TWO COPIES OF THE SAME ACCOUNT. I finally got the two accounts but I'm scared to death of immigration losing anything now!

My boss took a month to write a letter saying I work for them, then wroe saying I'm full time, I'm not. That needs redoing.

My boss' boss, supposed to have sent me a contract of work, still not done it, I found out just yesterday she has been made redundant. a new person to pester!

My company haven't sent me my P60 for my tax return. I need to file the thing as proof as income as I'm part self employed. It is 6 weeks late now andf I've been told I won't get it til the 25th.

My letting agent needs to be pestered for the new contract. Unfortunately the old one runs out next month so I can't apply til then (Uk immigration need you to have 6 months+ of a contract to rent your home.)

WE WANTED TO APPLY FOR BOTH VISAS RIGHT AWAY. This wait for other preople not to be USELESS is crippling me.

I bet my US visa application ends up lost!

Before anyone asks, we have to apply for the UK visa so he can visit me, at all. He stayed for as long as he weas allowed last time, they won't let him back in again.

Forgot another one.

I changed my name. I really should not have, if it causes problems filing the UK tax return I think I'll cry.

It did cause a lot of hassle with the bank. While the passport service accepted the US marriage cert no trouble, the bank bleated and whined about how it was a "photocopy" not "original" - I don't even think anyone gets an original! They just give you the copy of the record on filde and stamp it with the state's seal! The stupidest thing is, it is no more official loking than my UK divorce cert which is also just a photocopy of the court reord stamped with the court's seal!

What on EARTH is an original marriage cert, anyway!

It took a month of arguing with my bank to change my name. They only changed it because the "risk management" guy was in the building on the day I went in, yet again to argue wi8th them (this time brandishing my new passport.)

To those who think it will strengthen your case to take your husbands name, it probably won't. It will however, most certainly delay your visa aplication, so it's probably not worth doing.

Forgot another one.

I changed my name. I really should not have, if it causes problems filing the UK tax return I think I'll cry.

It did cause a lot of hassle with the bank. While the passport service accepted the US marriage cert no trouble, the bank bleated and whined about how it was a "photocopy" not "original" - I don't even think anyone gets an original! They just give you the copy of the record on filde and stamp it with the state's seal! The stupidest thing is, it is no more official loking than my UK divorce cert which is also just a photocopy of the court reord stamped with the court's seal!

It took a month of arguing with my bank to change my name. They only changed it because the "risk management" guy was in the building on the day I went in, yet again to argue wi8th them (this time brandishing my new passport.)

To those who think it will strengthen your case to take your husbands name, it probably won't. It will however, most certainly delay your visa aplication, so it's probably not worth doing.

Congrats on Sending in your application

Sorry to hear about all the Bureaucracy that you are going through I hope you get through it don't give up!

As far as the name changing goes it is optional and doesn't make a difference in proving a validity of a marriage so you shouldn't have to feel forced to do it just because of immigration. It is just a name and whats most important is getting to be with your loved one in the end.

I personally feel that if I can get through this with my husband we can get through anything.

Hang in there and good luck.

07-28-08 Married.

USCIS

05-13-10 Touched.

NVC

11-04-10 AOS Bill paid.

11-05-10 IV Bill paid.

12-10-10 RFE.

Consulate

5-14-11 POE

event.png

Forgot another one.

You did mention you had a USA marriage certificate? My husband and I got married in USA and I do have the "original" signed copy of our marriage certificate that was mailed to us after the wedding and we can purchase certified copies of the marriage certificate at a vital statistics office for like $7 this is in Texas though I don't know about other states :unsure: .

07-28-08 Married.

USCIS

05-13-10 Touched.

NVC

11-04-10 AOS Bill paid.

11-05-10 IV Bill paid.

12-10-10 RFE.

Consulate

5-14-11 POE

event.png

You did mention you had a USA marriage certificate? My husband and I got married in USA and I do have the "original" signed copy of our marriage certificate that was mailed to us after the wedding and we can purchase certified copies of the marriage certificate at a vital statistics office for like $7 this is in Texas though I don't know about other states :unsure: .

Hi,

My husband told me all that is available in Florida is the records office stamped copy and a nice laminated certificate thing which er, isn't the official deal, rather something to hang on your wall and not submissable as evidence in the states for anything official. This is all that was offered to him.

If the UK bank had accepted the decorative thing over the records office one (that was needed for the visas,) heck, i'd laugh.

Fundamentally though, it's all about how well educated the bank vs the passport office are in international matters. Naturally the passport office accepted it. It was very frustrating arguing with my bank. They told me to pay the fee to have my name legally changed in the Uk by deed poll instead. I'm not even sure you can legally do that, if the passport office have already accepted your new name.

The risk manager approved the cert I had though. By chance, he was visiting the branch. I hate the bureacracy in this country. :(

Also, the record thing is signed and stamped and dated by the deputy clerk at the records office. Yes, you can gtet extra copies. But it's still just a photocopy of the state records' file, gthat has been individually signed and stamped. The UK bank didn't like that it is a photocopy, they wanted the original. I asked them how they proposed I break into the state of florida's records office? I still don't understand it to be honest.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.