Danno

NY Bomber has been cuffed.

55 posts in this topic

As you know this country has a long history of militia's they are one of the only groups with protections spelled out in the Bill of Rights......which militias are you referring too?

I've never been to a Militia meeting but from what I gather in the news and on-line, the Gov is certainly not the enemy, even the most far out.... just want to be left alone.

Not exactly a "Enemy within".

Actually the Militia (per say) was formed to tackle the British army, since the US was no country and had no army. It certainly did not set precedent or give a green light to overthrow your own government because you don't agree with it. That's the problem with these McVeigh Militia types, they're not only poorly educated but ignorant of actual history and context.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Pakistan is now in the Middle East?

OK, finally, someone is asking the same question I am. Since when is that the ME? Since when is Afghanistan also ME? Is India next to be annexed into the ME? Stayed tuned for more geographic F-ups by the media.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I guess Greece is ME too.

As well as parts of other countries.. Wait. I think Mark just discovered the plot of the EU to seperate itself from the financial failure of Greece via declaring it ME and therefore invalid as part of the EU.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

now they're saying they've made several arrests in pakistan

Hopefully this will take more terrorist savages off the street!!!

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

the shooter is part of the militia, by definition. the USC defines the militia as all able bodied men between the ages of 17 and 45 (oh $hit, he's too old now, maybe they'll forgive a year or so...) who may be called upon in time of need to appear for the defense of themselves and their country, and must bring their own equipment...

the shooter does not advocate radical overthrow of his government. he advocates change thru electoral process.

Glad to hear it. :thumbs: Seriously!

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Actually the Militia (per say) was formed to tackle the British army, since the US was no country and had no army. It certainly did not set precedent or give a green light to overthrow your own government because you don't agree with it. That's the problem with these McVeigh Militia types, they're not only poorly educated but ignorant of actual history and context.

The Bill of Rights which gives protection to the Militia .. came about like a decade after the British were defeated.

SO I think it is reasonable to assume the British were not the motivation for mentioning the Militia in the Bill of Rights.

You again talk about Militias over throwing the Govt.

Can you name any instances where a Militia groups did anything like that?

If there were a history of incidents you might have a leg to stand on but I can't think of a single time when a militia group tried to "overthrow" the government.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i take the train to 42nd for work and feel insecure the whole time i'm in the train. now after this incident i dont even know if i want to take the train to work anymore.

ppl like these (terrorists) devalue our (innocent muslims) name and status in society. it's hard to believe that even being so educated and having a good job and status, y would he even go and do such a thing.

i hate to say this but we're frowned upon by society, i feel so ashamed going out in public or when taking public transportation. i dont want me or family to b discriminated in public because of these muslim terrorists. (i wish i could say that in front of him)

i'm even more angry because it will effect my husband getting his visa from pakistan. i know that every time something happens the embassy closes down and delay the visas. (sigh).... i was so happy that he'll be here very soon...

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

2010-04-19: approved online wohoooo

2010-04-24: NOA2 hardcopy received

2010-04-26: gave 2 email addresses and assigned case #

2010-04-27: received/sent ds3032, AOS bill

2010-05-01: IV bill became available online/paid

2010-05-06: sent in DS230 package via express mail 9:07am

2010-05-11: NVC acknowledges the receipt of AOS on 05/05

2010-05-13: operator told me that AOS sent to supervisor for review....

2010-05-14: AVR changes to received the checklist letter response on 5/13

2010-05-23: RFE for original birth cert. (i did sent original).......arghhh

2010-05-24: BC under review by some department

2010-06-02: sent in original BC again and previous BC is still under review

2010-06-10: NVC recognizes BC into their system

2010-06-15: BC under review

2010-06-21: SIF!!!!!omggggg soo happy 57 days in NVC process

2010-06-28: interview on Aug. 19, 8am.

2010-08-19: interview went fine but he's put into AP :(

2011-01-09: almost 5 months in AP "still pending"

2011-02-06: 5 and half months and still counting......when is this torture going to end....

2011-02-20: 6 months still no answer..........

2011-03-08: more than 200 days passed in AP..................(

2011-03-24: visa has been issued today. hurayyyyyyyyyy finally wait is overrrr.

2011-03-26: got the passport wohoooo

event.png

Filed: Timeline

i take the train to 42nd for work and feel insecure the whole time i'm in the train. now after this incident i dont even know if i want to take the train to work anymore.

I wouldn't worry. FWIW I'm Indian, not Pakistani, but the goras can't always tell the difference :)

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

OK, finally, someone is asking the same question I am. Since when is that the ME? Since when is Afghanistan also ME? Is India next to be annexed into the ME? Stayed tuned for more geographic F-ups by the media.

The definition of which countries are part of the ME has varied with time.

"The Middle East (or, formerly more common, the Near East)[1] is a region that encompasses southwestern Asia and Egypt. In some contexts, the term has recently been expanded in usage to sometimes include Afghanistan and Pakistan, the Caucasus and Central Asia, and North Africa."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_East

"One widely used definition of "Middle East" is that of the airline industry, maintained by the IATA standards organization. This definition — as of early 2006 — includes Afghanistan, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Palestinian territories (West Bank and Gaza strip), Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen. This definition is used in world-wide airfare and tax calculations for passengers and cargo."

http://www.solarnavigator.net/geography/mddle_east.htm

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: Timeline

The definition of which countries are part of the ME has varied with time.

The phrase middle east, as applied by the media in conversations about terrorism, is nothing but a proxy for the Islamic world. AfPak is ME but India is not. Turkey is ME but Greece is not. Why? Islam.

I wish they'd just be honest about it.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

The phrase middle east, as applied by the media in conversations about terrorism, is nothing but a proxy for the Islamic world. AfPak is ME but India is not. Turkey is ME but Greece is not. Why? Islam.

it's not the middle east.

Middle East and North Africa

Click here for travel information. Includes Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, The West Bank And Gaza, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.

:P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Because Greece is literally in Europe.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Luckily no one was killed so this will probably pass fairly quickly. Maybe it makes a difference in the NYC area but I don't think matters much elsewhere.

Can't really advise you not being in your shoes but I'd go about my usual routine and if given any hassles I'd say I dodn't support terrorism and that I get hurt more than the general population in America due to the wrongful actions of my some of my countrymen.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

The Bill of Rights which gives protection to the Militia .. came about like a decade after the British were defeated.

SO I think it is reasonable to assume the British were not the motivation for mentioning the Militia in the Bill of Rights.

You again talk about Militias over throwing the Govt.

Can you name any instances where a Militia groups did anything like that?

If there were a history of incidents you might have a leg to stand on but I can't think of a single time when a militia group tried to "overthrow" the government.

The bill of rights gives protection to a Militia in the form of an army or anyone able to fight for the country. Certainly not to form their own country.

I am concerned about 2010 Militia's who think think it's their duty to overthrow the government. Don't pretend there are none.