Danno

NY Bomber has been cuffed.

55 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

... if given any hassles I'd say I dodn't support terrorism and that I get hurt more than the general population in America due to the wrongful actions of my some of my countrymen.

ALC,

The kind of people who would hassle her over this stuff in the NYC subway aren't the type of people who'd be receptive to a logical argument like that.

She's going to have to learn to avoid those situations altogether. Given that she's Muslim, she already likely knows how, even if she doesn't realize it. In any case, it's not that hard, esp. in NYC. So. Many. People.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The phrase middle east, as applied by the media in conversations about terrorism, is nothing but a proxy for the Islamic world. AfPak is ME but India is not. Turkey is ME but Greece is not. Why? Islam.

Not exactly as the most populous Muslim nation, Indonesia, has never been considered in the ME neither is Bangladesh nor Malaysia.

Edited by alienlovechild

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Not exactly as the most populous Muslim nation, Indonesia, has never been considered in the ME neither is Bangladesh nor Malaysia.

Sure, I don't deny that. But why isn't Pakistan referred to as part of South Asia as was traditionally the case? Why are media talking-heads suddenly calling it the ME? Islam is the only reason I can think of. What else could it be?

Timeline

The kind of people who would hassle her over this stuff in the NYC subway aren't the type of people who'd be receptive to a logical argument like that.

She's going to have to learn to avoid those situations altogether. Given that she's Muslim, she already likely knows how, even if she doesn't realize it. In any case, it's not that hard, esp. in NYC. So. Many. People.

I'd go with avoidance as well as an American abroad, I'd had my share of people getting in my face. Sometimes I didn't want to turn back to those types of people for obvious reasons.

You're alwaying outnumbered somewhere in the world.

Edited by alienlovechild

David & Lalai

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

You're alwaying outnumbered somewhere in the world.

I'll tell you this, though. In midtown, she isn't outnumbered. There are Muslims, there are people who hate Muslims and then there's 90% of the population that's just trying to get to work or pick up a coffee at the local Starbucks.

Timeline

Sure, I don't deny that. But why isn't Pakistan referred to as part of South Asia as was traditionally the case? Why are media talking-heads suddenly calling it the ME? Islam is the only reason I can think of. What else could it be?

Pakistan is linked to India historically but the Indo-Pakistani border hasn't been open for decades so the link is broken. Also remember the Afghan theather of war includes Pakistan just as it did during the war with the Soviets. The only link, Kashmir is purely an Indo-Pakistani conflict that outsiders don't care about, sorry.

Same goes for Eastern Europe which use to be the same as the Warsaw Pact countries but now more people call it Central Europe.

Edited by alienlovechild

David & Lalai

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Pakistan is linked to India historically but the Indo-Pakistani border hasn't been open for decades so the link is broken.

India and Pakistan have strained relations, yes. But how does that push Pakistan into the ME? If the descriptor is primarily one intended to describe location, then why does it matter?

Unless, of course, the purpose of the descriptor is to describe something other than location... but what?

BTW - The link between India and Pakistan is hardly "broken". There is a lot of legal travel occurring between the two countries daily, and that's been true for decades.

Timeline

BTW - The link between India and Pakistan is hardly "broken". There is a lot of legal travel occurring between the two countries daily, and that's been true for decades.

Are you kidding? You call a single legal border crossing a lot?

"Wagah (Punjabi: ਵਾਘਾ, Hindi: वाघा, Urdu: واہگہ) is the only road border crossing between India and Pakistan[1], and lies on the Grand Trunk Road between the cities of Amritsar, India and Lahore, Pakistan"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wagah

David & Lalai

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Are you kidding? You call a single legal border crossing a lot?

"Wagah (Punjabi: ਵਾਘਾ, Hindi: वाघा, Urdu: واہگہ) is the only road border crossing between India and Pakistan[1], and lies on the Grand Trunk Road between the cities of Amritsar, India and Lahore, Pakistan"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wagah

:lol:

There are flights ;)

Off-Topic2.gif

My building would have certainly been evacuated if a bomb went off in Times Square.

A day doesn't pass where I think of how easy it would be for some kind of event

like 9/11 to be repeated. Good to see they caught him. Naturally they all act alone

because they are deftly coreographed to say that.

I saw the towers burning in real time, not on TV.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence