Susita

Racism in America

152 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

But one of the BIG things I think the federal government needs to do is come down HARD on employers. These employers need to be scared to hire illegal immigrants, so that there aren't any jobs for them. If there aren't any jobs, they won't come.

I also support this type of 'levy' - the higher it is, the better.

Do you think that if these undocumented workers had a reasonable way to work here legally, they would?

Sure! There's all kinds of 'immigration reform' on the table, but it's not gotten 'off the table', yet.

Meanwhile, back to racial profiling?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

People, people, it's all good to start bashing those people. Haven't your heard, Hispanics and Muslims are the new Jews. :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Make your way to the 'post your favourite provocative for no good reason picture' to show how justified your racial opinions are :thumbs:

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

I think there are a lot of interesting ideas in this thread. Coming down hard on employers would be a great idea; that being said, I don't think that the bill is a bad thing, either.

The origins of the bill, I have only looked into briefly and yeah, the guy seems questionable. That being said, he isn't the only one writing this, will certainly not be the one on the streets enforcing it and it's been reworded many times to make it clear that someone's skin colour alone isn't going to get them thrown into a police car. A Hispanic lady walking down the street with her kids isn't going to be the person being questioned; it's the guy who's already been arrested for shoplifting that'll go through the verification.

There always has been and always will be bad cops out there - this bill won't change that, but like sachinky said, it also isn't going to turn all cops into bad ones. Illegal immigrants of Hispanic decent make up a big part of the illegal immigrant population in the US but they're certainly not the only ones. I don't think for a second that other people won't be asked for the same documentation; *most* police officers want to be the good guy, and as for the ones that don't, they would be crooked with or without the bill. Someone else posted an example of a friend being harassed for having dark skin despite being born in NY. Of course that isn't fair or his fault, but I think that proves that the bill isn't what's going to drive people to do that. If anything, now that I think about it, it may reduce some of that because of the specifications that would be legislated behind asking for someone's proof of citizenship.

Is it a perfect system? No. Do I think we CAN come up with a perfect system? I highly, highly doubt it. I've said elsewhere, I think it's an okay start, though, if everyone can make the small sacrifice of carrying some extra documentation in their wallet, it can be a good step on the road to reducing the problem. Again, I think employers would be the next place to go. Is it inconvenient? Of course. Does the inconvenience outweigh the potential benefits? I believe so.

For the vast majority of supporters of the bill, it isn't a racism thing or even and anti-immigration thing. It's an anti-illegal immigration thing, and that applies to illegal immigrants from Mexico as well as it applies to illegal immigrants from Canada, from the UK, from Japan, from the Phillipines, from Iran, from everywhere.

Our Journey

The Beginning

Early 2009 -- Met on WoW

September 2009 -- Fell in love

May 14 2010 - Officially engaged! smile.png

K1 Journey

September 17, 2010 - NOA1

March 14, 2011 - RFE

April 18, 2011 - NOA2

August 12, 2011 - Interview - Approved!

August 20, 2011 - POE

September 10, 2011 - Married!

AOS Journey

November 17, 2011 - AOS packet sent

November 21, 2011 - NOA1

December 14, 2011 - Case transferred

December 28, 2011 - Biometrics appt

January 18, 2012 - EAD/AP approved! Card production ordered!

January 28, 2012 - EAD/AP card in hand

July 2, 2012 - AOS approved! Card production ordered!

July 7, 2012 - GC in hand

Removal of Conitions

April 29, 2014 - Packet sent

May 6, 2014 - NOA1

People, people, it's all good to start bashing those people. Haven't your heard, Hispanics and Muslims are the new Jews. :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Straw Man argument.

Do you think that if these undocumented workers had a reasonable way to work here legally, they would?

What about the 12,000,000 Californians living in poverty? Or your states 12%+ unemployment rate?

How can anyone be so oblivious?

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
burping a white person's baby?
but the climate has been just right for white supremest groups under the guise of more legitimately named groups like FAIR and NumbersUSA

You know what I am tired of? The "Big bad WHITE MAN WOLF". Every single time something like this happens, it's an automatic outcry of "look how the white man is bringing us down!!!!"

Do either one of you think these comments were not racist? I would imagine since they were made against white people, then they're supposed to be ok. Well, they're not ok either. Every politican against illegals in this country is not a member of a white supremecist group, nor does every person expect cheap Mexican labor for nannies, and furthermore these stereotypes of white people are the most racist things I feel I have seen in this thread.

Unfortunately a lot of people that are anti-illegal immigration are ALSO racist against latinos. My husband got yelled at once on the way into WalMart with me and the kids and called a 'stupid f***ng illegal Mexican, go back to your f***ng country." To which, he laughed because he's from Peru and he's legal and married with a wife and kids in the US. It did scare him a bit though, it had never happened to him before that.

Ok, coming from a fat chick. How is that any different that someone screaming "Go on a diet fat Bit^%"? Stupid people are stupid people. I've been called a fat BIT(* just for walking down the street and that happened to be from Black Americans. I've also heard some Spanish speakers saying very lewd things about my body parts (weren't they in for a surprise when I called them on it?). You can't fix stupid.

You see. I think the real problem here is SOME people are just judgemental because they don't except differences in people at all. There are "Christians" who hate gay people, blacks who hate whites, whites who hate Latinos, Latinos who hate fat people, fat people who hate skinny people, and the list goes on and on.

If WE want this hatred to stop then ALL of us have to teach our children it is not ok to treat one another that way, and that works ALL THE WAY AROUND.

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Straw Man argument.

What about the 12,000,000 Californians living in poverty? Or your states 12%+ unemployment rate?

How can anyone be so oblivious?

That's bvllshit and you know it. Just look at who will be the target of the bill. Emanuel Goldstein ring a bell? BTW, Strawman sounds like a Jewish name to me. :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

It's called making a point. You made the claim that it's the cost to you as a taxpayer that bothers you.

Again - they pay taxes just like you and me. What makes you think they don't?

They pay taxes? Are you on drugs? What sort of taxes does someone earning $6 per hour pay? It's cost $10K alone to educate one child per year.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

That's bvllshit and you know it. Just look at who will be the target of the bill. Emanuel Goldstein ring a bell? BTW, Strawman sounds like a Jewish name to me. :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

What's "bvllshit" is your baseless accusations. Is Canada and Australia racist too for having such strict immigration policies? Two countries with uber tough immigration and anti-illegal alien policies, yet are also renowned, as in backed by studies, for human development.

Edited by Booyah!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I want to direct this to SUSITA and see what she has to say about this...

I am an American (Gringo) from Miami and I live in Cartagena, Colombia with my colombiana wife. I have lived here for a year now and am in the process of getting my dual-citizenship here. I LOVE Colombia and USA.

Now, if you think the people in AZ or USA are racist because of this law then you MUST think that people from COLOMBIA and South America are racist too. Let me explain, as I mentioned I am a Gringo. I have been called Gringo many times here. When people here SEE (because I am white and have Green eyes) that I am a Gringo they overcharge me for everything. How do I know - because my wife and I have experimented with here getting prices and me getting prices for the same thing by the same people - and it is not even close. They SEE me as white gringo and they try to rob me. BTW, I have been actually robbed here already at the Popa (of all places) in Ctgena. Another thing, and this is important for you to remember, I NEED to carry my USA Passport around ALL OF THE TIME here because I constantly get asked for my passport by government AND police officials here(just on the street) because they want to make sure I am here legally. DOES THAT SOUND FAMILIAR TO YOU!!! and in my case it is not even if I commit a crime or something. It is because I look suspicious because I am white and do not look like I am from here. They NEVER ask my wife anything - it is only me, even when we are together. Is this not racial profiling that you speak of in the USA. So what is the difference here?? Am I to assume that all people are racist in South America towards gringos. And another example, all the people here always stereotype me because I am white. They tell my wife things that they know about gringos and she should watch out for and be careful,,, like all gringos argue and are violent a lot. Many other things they say about me only because I am from USA.

So instead of calling people racist and being critical of Americans - you need to only look at other countries in South America and say the same thing and complain about that to. I am proof that racial profiling happens in South America to gringos the same as you claim MIGHT happen in Arizona. And in my opinion I think it is far worse here because they dont have a problem with illegal immigration like AZ does YET they still do it. I feel discriminated here from LATINOS almost everyday because I am white.

Now for the AZ law. I agree that something needs to be done about illegal aliens, BUT this law is not the answer. We need to secure our borders the RIGHT WAY and give Amnesty to the illegals that are already here except criminals. We need to create a fair and just way for entry for all Immigrants. Illegal Immigrants only hurt the Legal Immigrants that are already here. It must stop. But to give police officers a chance to racial profile and there will be some that will do it. I agree. But that is not the INTENT of the Law and the people in AZ just want something done to make things better. The overwhelming majority are not Racists as you say. It is our responsibility to secure our borders and if we dont then we cant complain when people get in. Hell, if I lived in Mexico and knew I could come to USA easy then I would too. You cant blame them for that. But the Latinos living in USA NOW that are legal should be thankful for the USA because it has given all of us an opportunity to better our lives and financial situations OR ELSE U WOULD NOT BE HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE. Just be thankful for what you have and stop looking for something that is not there and stirring up emotions when 99% of the people have no idea what they are even talking about. The one thing I see that is wrong with ALL people is a LACK OF COMMON SENSE. Common sense tells us that most Americans are not racist towards Latinos but we just want something done to help fix the problem of illegals. Thats all. We need a better solution for all people involved. Common Sense tells you that Latinos should be thankful for the American Dream. I dont see people trying to get into South America because of all the opportunity that it gives them. Think about it. America is a great country that was founded by Immigrants of all kinds and they built the country the right way to be successful - which it is. Somebody did something right. All the other countries had the same opportunities to build their country too - but they were just not as successful financially as the USA. It is just the truth. So stop bitching about racist Americans and stirring up stuff and just be thankful you are healthy and successful. NOBODY is going to stop you and your family for going to the grocery store, or movies and ask for your PROOF. And if they do you should report that person and they should be terminated. I dont like the law the same as you but relax and lets get the government to fix this issue like OBAMA said he would do. Universal Immigration Law for all states. I blame Obama too for stirring the pot.

So there. Chew on this and think about it. Americans are not the only racist people or profilers out there. It works both ways dear. Common Sense!!!!!!!!

11-10-09

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Ok, coming from a fat chick. How is that any different that someone screaming "Go on a diet fat Bit^%"? Stupid people are stupid people. I've been called a fat BIT(* just for walking down the street and that happened to be from Black Americans. I've also heard some Spanish speakers saying very lewd things about my body parts (weren't they in for a surprise when I called them on it?). You can't fix stupid.

They were protesting illegal immigration outside of a walmart... with posters and everything. That's what makes it different. :blink: It was silly because they wanted to be taken seriously yet they were screaming racial slurs at the shoppers walking into the store. Thankfully, the store manager called police and they ran off as quickly as they came. I made that point to say that not all people who are anti-illegal immigration are racist, but there are a lot of them who are.

And as for that other quote, I was quoting an episode of Jon Stewart (a comedian) ...which was describing how silly "reasonable suspicion" was, since no one was able to really say what reasonable suspicion actually was.

I happen to be white - my dad is a Big Bad White Man Wolf :lol: and am certainly not racist against people of my own skin color.

And you're absolutely right - there are a lot of stupid people out there! We just can't let them control an entire state.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I don't know what the answer is tbh. I think this bill has the danger of giving cops too much power. It's a delicate balance, that's for sure...cos you don't want to castrate your cops, but at the same time, they don't need to be power mad azzholes either. So I don't have the answers, tho I do agree that something needs to be done.

Problem is, it needs to be done on a national level, because maybe it might help AZ, but it's certainly not gonna make illegals go home...they'll just go to other states.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

I want to direct this to SUSITA and see what she has to say about this...

I am an American (Gringo) from Miami and I live in Cartagena, Colombia with my colombiana wife. I have lived here for a year now and am in the process of getting my dual-citizenship here. I LOVE Colombia and USA.

Now, if you think the people in AZ or USA are racist because of this law then you MUST think that people from COLOMBIA and South America are racist too. Let me explain, as I mentioned I am a Gringo. I have been called Gringo many times here. When people here SEE (because I am white and have Green eyes) that I am a Gringo they overcharge me for everything. How do I know - because my wife and I have experimented with here getting prices and me getting prices for the same thing by the same people - and it is not even close. They SEE me as white gringo and they try to rob me. BTW, I have been actually robbed here already at the Popa (of all places) in Ctgena. Another thing, and this is important for you to remember, I NEED to carry my USA Passport around ALL OF THE TIME here because I constantly get asked for my passport by government AND police officials here(just on the street) because they want to make sure I am here legally. DOES THAT SOUND FAMILIAR TO YOU!!! and in my case it is not even if I commit a crime or something. It is because I look suspicious because I am white and do not look like I am from here. They NEVER ask my wife anything - it is only me, even when we are together. Is this not racial profiling that you speak of in the USA. So what is the difference here?? Am I to assume that all people are racist in South America towards gringos. And another example, all the people here always stereotype me because I am white. They tell my wife things that they know about gringos and she should watch out for and be careful,,, like all gringos argue and are violent a lot. Many other things they say about me only because I am from USA.

So instead of calling people racist and being critical of Americans - you need to only look at other countries in South America and say the same thing and complain about that to. I am proof that racial profiling happens in South America to gringos the same as you claim MIGHT happen in Arizona. And in my opinion I think it is far worse here because they dont have a problem with illegal immigration like AZ does YET they still do it. I feel discriminated here from LATINOS almost everyday because I am white.

Now for the AZ law. I agree that something needs to be done about illegal aliens, BUT this law is not the answer. We need to secure our borders the RIGHT WAY and give Amnesty to the illegals that are already here except criminals. We need to create a fair and just way for entry for all Immigrants. Illegal Immigrants only hurt the Legal Immigrants that are already here. It must stop. But to give police officers a chance to racial profile and there will be some that will do it. I agree. But that is not the INTENT of the Law and the people in AZ just want something done to make things better. The overwhelming majority are not Racists as you say. It is our responsibility to secure our borders and if we dont then we cant complain when people get in. Hell, if I lived in Mexico and knew I could come to USA easy then I would too. You cant blame them for that. But the Latinos living in USA NOW that are legal should be thankful for the USA because it has given all of us an opportunity to better our lives and financial situations OR ELSE U WOULD NOT BE HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE. Just be thankful for what you have and stop looking for something that is not there and stirring up emotions when 99% of the people have no idea what they are even talking about. The one thing I see that is wrong with ALL people is a LACK OF COMMON SENSE. Common sense tells us that most Americans are not racist towards Latinos but we just want something done to help fix the problem of illegals. Thats all. We need a better solution for all people involved. Common Sense tells you that Latinos should be thankful for the American Dream. I dont see people trying to get into South America because of all the opportunity that it gives them. Think about it. America is a great country that was founded by Immigrants of all kinds and they built the country the right way to be successful - which it is. Somebody did something right. All the other countries had the same opportunities to build their country too - but they were just not as successful financially as the USA. It is just the truth. So stop bitching about racist Americans and stirring up stuff and just be thankful you are healthy and successful. NOBODY is going to stop you and your family for going to the grocery store, or movies and ask for your PROOF. And if they do you should report that person and they should be terminated. I dont like the law the same as you but relax and lets get the government to fix this issue like OBAMA said he would do. Universal Immigration Law for all states. I blame Obama too for stirring the pot.

So there. Chew on this and think about it. Americans are not the only racist people or profilers out there. It works both ways dear. Common Sense!!!!!!!!

Many of the things that happen to you in Colombia have happened to me in Peru. I love our country because of the protections it has for it's citizens. I know their laws are different and the way they treat their citizens/noncitizens. I don't sit here and complain about Peru though, because I don't live there. If I lived there, I'd probably be posting right now complaining about how I get overcharged at the markets, buses etc. But I don't... cause we chose to live in New York and not Lima. That's just the reality of it. It's a whole nother topic.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

California's economy would be even more crippled if all the undocumented workers were somehow magically deported. There is no substantiated connection between the states high unemployment and undocumented workers in the state.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

I'm not anti-immigration. I'm anti-ILLEGAL-immigration. BIG difference.

Can't agree with you more! What is sad is most people do not see the difference (my impression at least).