Susita

Racism in America

152 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

We lose more tax revenue from corporations moving their offices to offshore tax havens than probably any other loss - does that bother you?

This is a shift from the OP's topic. Are you going to stay on topic, on this one, or no? Although it's fun' to bring up something new, to 'make a new spin', I'm a fan of staying on topic, in a thread.

Hopefully, you can become a fan of that, as well?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm not anti-immigration. I'm anti-ILLEGAL-immigration. BIG difference.

Not really. Undocumented workers come here, like other immigrants and they work, they help the economy and they pay taxes. If they had a reasonable, legal avenue to work here, don't you think they would do it?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

--Is it true, someone like your husband may be inconvenienced due to his skin color? Possibly. But he's legal, yea? He'll produce his documentation and be on his way. What's that? 5 seconds of his time?

let's just say my husband was a citizen. How is that fair?

My kids too. Why should they have to produce their birth certificates to prove their citizens? Because they're brown???? I'm white, however of hispanic descent... so does that mean I automatically get a pass?

Give me a break. If we want to move forward, we can't move back. I know how easy it is to racially profile ... and it may make total sense to many to do so, but we must remember that it will only cause an even bigger racial divide. And are we willing to marginalize a group of people?

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

The law said that to go with a 'lawful' encounter. they changed it to 'lawful' stop. The key word both times is 'lawful.'

An officer can't just question you without other legal reasoning. No matter who you are.

You must be joking. I've been pulled over for all sorts of things, a "reasonable" suspicion is all they need. Who defines what is reasonable? The courts? Most of them are stocked with ex-prosecutors. It is just a diaphanous pretext to commit an illegal search, nothing more. I've had officers ask me questions for no reason, I've had CBP guyz on buses ask me questions for no reason. If you are Latino, or look Latino or, Heaven forbid, Middle Eastern you get plenty of attention. I don't think that you've ever had to deal with that problem in your life.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is a shift from the OP's topic. Are you going to stay on topic, on this one, or no? Although it's fun' to bring up something new, to 'make a new spin', I'm a fan of staying on topic, in a thread.

Hopefully, you can become a fan of that, as well?

It's called making a point. You made the claim that it's the cost to you as a taxpayer that bothers you.

Again - they pay taxes just like you and me. What makes you think they don't?

Timeline

They pay taxes just like you and me. What makes you think they don't?

No, not 'just like'.

Sales tax on purchases - sure. I'll give you THAT one.

Property taxes? Nope, but if they are renting - is high propensity for the property owner to pay the yearly tax on the property - but DOES NOT REPORT ALL INCOME from the rental, as rents are USUALLY paid in cash.

Income Taxes? Nope - and if you claim they do - yer sadly misinformed - an illegal alien working with a SSN in hand, doesn't have LEGAL authorization to USE that SSN, it was stolen from someone else.

So - 'just like you and me' - sorry - disagree, mostly.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Not really. Undocumented workers come here, like other immigrants and they work, they help the economy and they pay taxes. If they had a reasonable, legal avenue to work here, don't you think they would do it?

Right. Get back to me when those "undocumented workers" are subjected to a multitude of confusing forms, outrageous fees, expensive and unnecessary medical examinations, long police checks that often take months to clear, and many months of separation from their spouses who have to prove that they will not become a financial burden on the U.S. government.

Edited by sachinky

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Timeline

It's called making a point.

Sorry, you were trying to make a point on a 'different issue', not covered here. Beats me as to your motive and purpose, is some right of entitlement? Sorry, no clue there.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

If I remember correctly, you're the one who said to shoot illegal immigrants on site if they were caught crossing the border. :dead: I can't really respect anything you say when you're wishing death upon other human beings...

And if I also remember correctly, the terrorists didn't get in through our southern border :whistle:

No, all of the guyz from 9/11 flew in on legal visas.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Timeline

Susita-illegal immigration is not a racial issue, its an AMERICAN issue. it becomes a racial issue when an ethic group starts clouding the issue w/ personal bias & starts screaming racism.

my daughter (9 yrs old) is 1/2 latino (mexican..mom) & 1/2 white (italian, irish...me) is she latino or is she white? neither she is AMERICAN & she'll tell you that too. i am absolutely disgusted when someone claims being anti illegal immigration = racist against latinos. i am very anti illegal immigration. i am the father of an AMERICAN girl w/ latin & european roots + i'm married to a filipino legal immigrant. am i a racist because i'm anti illegal immigration?

7yqZWFL.jpg

Timeline

I swear it seems like everyone gets far too damn sensitive about skin color these days. If you're secure in your own skin and comfortable with who you are, there's nothing to get all hot and bothered about.

event.png

Timeline

A couple of years ago, my ex was doing some yard work at a friend's house. He's a brown person :lol: Puerto Rican, but 2nd generation in the US... and for all that didn't know, Puerto Rico is US territory and they're all citizens anyway.

He got stopped on the way to 7-11 to get some beers with his friend by a group of immigration officers who were stopping landscaping trucks in the area. He doesn't even speak Spanish. He was born on Long Island NY. He just happens to be brown. He got harassed for over an hour, even after he produced a drivers license. I had to run down there with his birth certificate :wacko: Thank god they were just down the road at that point.

Now, immigration has to do what they have to do - however asenine that was. After 5 minutes of speaking to him and his buddy though, they should have known he wasn't an illegal immigrant but it seemed they just wanted to mess with him. Imagine if the police could do this?

Timeline

Look, I feel bad for Mr. Juan Martinez who might get stopped and asked for his ID in Arizona even though he is a naturalized USC.

Just as I feel bad for Mr. Mustafa Ali who gets "randomly" security checked at airports more than his fellow passengers even though he is simply traveling to the US to meet his sister and her family after many years.

Have these people done anything wrong? No. Is it unfair that they are targetted for the actions of a few? Of course, it is.

But I also understand that that is the world we live in unfortunately. Some (or in the case of illegal immigration, many) rotten apples have spoiled the whole bunch and it is always the innocent that end up having to bear the burden. It's not Mr. Ali's fault, it's the terrorist's fault.

I don't blame Arizona for being fed up and taking matters into their own hands. I don't think the law is outrageous or that it will be hugely abused by the cops. Racist cops will always be racist. Others won't turn into racist pigs overnight. I choose to blame the cause of the problem. The illegal aliens and those who are willing to hire them, thus keeping the economic incentive alive.

I look forward to the day when all the illegal aliens leave so that Mr. Martinez won't be harassed or the terrorists are brought to justice and Mr. Ali can travel freely. Then we can all hold hands and sing "Kumbaya" but that ain't happening right now.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lesotho
Timeline

I'm not anti-immigration. I'm anti-ILLEGAL-immigration. BIG difference.

DING DING DING DING!!!! You see no differnce between illegal and legal aliens. So why did you go through it legally? Put your convitions where your big mouth is and burn your SO's green card. You sir are the real problem in immigration reform. The only reform you want is to just open the gates and let everyone in.

Timeline

Susita-illegal immigration is not a racial issue, its an AMERICAN issue. it becomes a racial issue when an ethic group starts clouding the issue w/ personal bias & starts screaming racism.

my daughter (9 yrs old) is 1/2 latino (mexican..mom) & 1/2 white (italian, irish...me) is she latino or is she white? neither she is AMERICAN & she'll tell you that too. i am absolutely disgusted when someone claims being anti illegal immigration = racist against latinos. i am very anti illegal immigration. i am the father of an AMERICAN girl w/ latin & european roots + i'm married to a filipino legal immigrant. am i a racist because i'm anti illegal immigration?

No. I'm anti-illegal immigration. I'm also anti-racial profiling.

Unfortunately a lot of people that are anti-illegal immigration are ALSO racist against latinos. My husband got yelled at once on the way into WalMart with me and the kids and called a 'stupid f***ng illegal Mexican, go back to your f***ng country." To which, he laughed because he's from Peru and he's legal and married with a wife and kids in the US. It did scare him a bit though, it had never happened to him before that.

If I lived in AZ I'd probably be pulling my hair out due to the insanity of the situation down there. I still don't think it's fair to racially profile people. Your daughter is American, as are my kids. She shouldn't get harassed just because of her skin color either.

Have these people done anything wrong? No. Is it unfair that they are targetted for the actions of a few? Of course, it is.

But I also understand that that is the world we live in unfortunately. Some (or in the case of illegal immigration, many) rotten apples have spoiled the whole bunch and it is always the innocent that end up having to bear the burden. It's not Mr. Ali's fault, it's the terrorist's fault.

It is the world we live in, and if people like me and others don't voice out against racial profiling, it will go way too far in the wrong direction.

I want a better country for my kids to grow up in, and we can't stand by and just say "Oh well, it is what it is." :blink: