ibrahimkhan

Green Card & Child under age 21

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just got my GC few days back and wants to sponsor my 21 years old son. He is unmarried and turning 22 in few months. Please Help for fatest way.

Family preference 2B and 8 year wait if you petition today

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4805.html

YMMV

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Why they don't change the law for family members now for 8 years i have to go back home several times. I have son and no one is there who can take care of him. There is no way i can bring him on temp. visa or get permission.

Why they don't change the law for family members now for 8 years i have to go back home several times. I have son and no one is there who can take care of him. There is no way i can bring him on temp. visa or get permission.

No, you can't bring him if you haven't been approved. Did you even file the I-130 for him? You need to understand - child over 21 is an adult and should be able to take care of himself.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Find him a Girl Friend?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Timeline

It's not about you. It's about the US citizen. The United States Government wants to make the US citizen happy, this is why it allowed you to step ahead of all those who are waiting years in line in order to immigrate to the US. Now that you are in the US, you want to bring your son. And perhaps your Uncle, and Aunt. And everybody else. That way, for every happy US citizen, the US all of a sudden has 5 new people.

Within 5 years, these 5 people want to sponsor another 5 people. That's 25 people in 10 years, and if we were to continue this path, 125 people in 15 years. That's what is called chain immigration and it will kill the United States as we know it.

If you think about it, you had the choice. The choice to leave your son behind and move to the US, or to have your husband come to your country and all live together. So it's not the United States Government's fault that your son can't immigrate immediately, or is it?

On a positive note, it currently takes 23 years to petition for your brother and sister from the Philippines, and 27 years from Mexico. Consider yourself very, very lucky.

Edited by Just Bob

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I have a feeling it is going to get more difficult to move here from Pakistan.

AP might be looked at with fond memory's.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

It's not about you. It's about the US citizen. The United States Government wants to make the US citizen happy, this is why it allowed you to step ahead of all those who are waiting years in line in order to immigrate to the US. Now that you are in the US, you want to bring your son. And perhaps your Uncle, and Aunt. And everybody else. That way, for every happy US citizen, the US all of a sudden has 5 new people.

Within 5 years, these 5 people want to sponsor another 5 people. That's 25 people in 10 years, and if we were to continue this path, 125 people in 15 years. That's what is called chain immigration and it will kill the United States as we know it.

If you think about it, you had the choice. The choice to leave your son behind and move to the US, or to have your husband come to your country and all live together. So it's not the United States Government's fault that your son can't immigrate immediately, or is it?

On a positive note, it currently takes 23 years to petition for your brother and sister from the Philippines, and 27 years from Mexico. Consider yourself very, very lucky.

And that's why USA keeps on giving 55,000 randon people immigrations visas through Green Card Lottery - now multiply that :bonk::rofl: while other people "unlucky" ones wait anywhere from 4-27 years.

I-130 Sent : 08/15/2006 F2A (spouse of LPR)

I-130 Approved : 03/29/2010

AOS data section: Filed I-485 & I-765 (more details see About Me section)

04/30/2010 - Mailed out

06/02/2010 - RFE

08/11/2010 - Interview Date - APPROVED

08/23/2010 - Green Card at Home :)

Hubby's USC

Service Center : Dallas TX ; CIS Office : New York City NY

05/29/2010 - Date Filed

06/08/2010 - Email & phone mess with case number.

06/07/2010 - Checks cashed

06/11/2010 - NOA Date

06/21/2010 - Biometrics letter

07/07/2010 - Biometrics appointment

11/11/2010 - Interview Date

Waiting for interview letter

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks all of you for good suggestions. I will file his i130 as ap. He is under 21 will see. But I really like Boiler answer lol. I will talk to my wife and find out one for him :).

Thanks again all of you and God Bless all of you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.