mrc

Just got a new cell phone

35 posts in this topic

I've got 15 days to decide if I like this phone or not...if I want, I can return it and get another. So far, it seems pretty cool. Here is a link to it:

kyocera strobe

Does anyone have one of these? Or, does anyone have a phone they really enjoy that I should look at?

I really like the keyboard on it, but I do wish it was an MP3 player too. Oh well, I suppose you can't have it all.

Edited by mrc

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Nokia 6280. I have been a Nokia fan for 10 years. This phone is not available in the USA. I got it from Hong Kong.

nokia-6280.jpg

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I have a banged up Samsung...I go through phones REALLY fast. I get excited about it first then I throw it around and it gets scratches. The one you picked looks pretty cool. I personally would go for the sidekick but wowza cell phone prices are high! I think of all the phones I have had, Nokia works best. I used to get calls whilst in the tunnel on the train. Man I wish I hadn't given it up...

Filed: Timeline
I've got 15 days to decide if I like this phone or not...if I want, I can return it and get another. So far, it seems pretty cool. Here is a link to it:

kyocera strobe

Does anyone have one of these? Or, does anyone have a phone they really enjoy that I should look at?

I really like the keyboard on it, but I do wish it was an MP3 player too. Oh well, I suppose you can't have it all.

it dont have the handsfree thing... take it back

and where the video play back feature? :no:

I have LG. I have used it overseas worked great.

lacks the video playback and the speaker phone.

but, it works overseas..haahahaa.

shon.gif

kyocera strobe

it dont have the handsfree thing... take it back

and where the video play back feature? :no:

I have LG. I have used it overseas worked great.

lacks the video playback and the speaker phone.

but, it works overseas..haahahaa.

Yeah, it's bluetooth equipped...I got one with it.

It doesn't have video playback, but that's not a feature I'm interested in. I'd really like to have an mp3 player with it though. The camera and video thing doesn't really interest me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I have the Motorola Slvr L7 with Cingular, and I aslo pack a bluetooth headset. I love it!

Slvr

Same for me too ! I am always getting it admired....First time for me, with a cellphone. It has a still camera, does video and it plays 100 iTunes also !!!! ;)

Neil (Preston, England) & Eva (North Carolina, USA)

27 September 2003 Church Wedding, England.

8 October 2004 -INTERVIEW---VISA GRANTED !!!

(Intervening time covered in VJ -Timeline Section)

10 Dec 2004 - Saturn finally came out of orbit and landed in NC !

(Check timeline for intervening period)

8th February 2006 - 'GREEN CARD' FINALLY GRANTED AT INTERVIEW IN CHARLOTTE, NC.

5th Wedding Anniversary due later this year, on 27th September 2008 - How time flies !

I am not a Lawyer and have never wanted or professed to be one. The views and comments I may express here are entirely my own and without any intended legal standing.

i got one of those huge 1st cell phone...weighs a ton

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
i got one of those huge 1st cell phone...weighs a ton

More than a ton, I would say ;)

post-2031-1154742418_thumb.jpg

Neil (Preston, England) & Eva (North Carolina, USA)

27 September 2003 Church Wedding, England.

8 October 2004 -INTERVIEW---VISA GRANTED !!!

(Intervening time covered in VJ -Timeline Section)

10 Dec 2004 - Saturn finally came out of orbit and landed in NC !

(Check timeline for intervening period)

8th February 2006 - 'GREEN CARD' FINALLY GRANTED AT INTERVIEW IN CHARLOTTE, NC.

5th Wedding Anniversary due later this year, on 27th September 2008 - How time flies !

I am not a Lawyer and have never wanted or professed to be one. The views and comments I may express here are entirely my own and without any intended legal standing.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

e815.jpg

got a Motorolla E-815.. got video..MP3player.. . I make my own ring tones.. whoo hoo.. love my phone..

working on storing Lost on video to my phone to watch... oh the possibilites

Love isn't love unless it is expressed;

caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;

sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Motorola L2 with a hot pink bluetooth

However I might get a new phone when we move. DH will definitely get a new one

Proud AF Alumna

US Chick married to a CDN Dude!

Got married in Las Vegas 12/11/01

Filled out I-130 2/15/02

Filled out I-129F 2/22/02

I-130 was approved 10/22/02

Was out of work for 6 months :( Immigration process was at a stand still thanks to this

Got his EAD and SSN in February 2003

Job market sucked, he couldn't get a job in the US so no AOS

9/8/04 :( DH moved back to Canada K-3 expired

End of 2004, now have job and salary to satisfy affadavit of support (YAY!)

in the wee hours of 6/1 Fire was lit under our butts! (Don't ask!) :(

Visa bill mailed on 6/3

Visa bill received on 6/7

I-864 stuff was sent via overnight mail on 6/14!

Information packet and docs generated 6/20/05

I rec'd the DS-230 packet on 7/26

Sent ds-230 via express mail 8/13

9/15/05 CASE COMPLETED!!!!!!!

10/6/05 Case sent to consulate

10/27/05 Medical Exam ...was marked incomplete

11/10/05 New Medical Exam letter issued! YAY!

11/15/05 Interview--APPROVED BABY!

4/30/06 Activated IR-1 Visa at the Pacific Hwy Crossing in Blaine, WA

5/12/06 Dave Received the Welcome to the US letter...

5/31 Green Card arrived in the mail! Also got 2 more welcome letters!

Dave's company has transferred him 7/6!

Started his position in Bay Area, CA on 8/14!

mcsurvivor.gif

Filed: Timeline

I have a black Razr. I have gigantic hands, so I needed a wide phone, which the Razr is, with large-ish buttons. It works great, for the most part. I have Cingular, and parts of Indiana are pretty backwoods, so there is a lot of breaking up in some areas. Happens with all of the cell providers, though.

I've had: Nokia, Sony-Ericsson, Samsung, and Motorola. The Nokias never lasted more than a year with me. The Sony still worked great after 2 years, but I switched to a Family Talk plan and had to change phones. The Motorolas have been the best so far.

Me, I use a cell phone as a cell phone. I don't own an MP3 player, and never will. I am comfortable enough with my own thoughts to not have to have music going 24 hours/day. Besides, what good is a cell phone if the battery is dead from playing MP3s? Just give me a phone and text messaging; that's all I need. The camera IS kinda cool, though. lol

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.