Obama 2012

Arizonans and The Nation Torn On Immigration Bill

767 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

yup.. the root of the problem with illegal immigration, is the employers who hire them

Those who are 'working' for those employers are just as much criminals.

If someone crosses this border illegally, they are an automatic criminal. Period.

If the majority is hispanics (which they are) then maybe their legal hispanic brothers and sisters should stand up and tell them to get the ** out and stop messing with their lives.

It's simple: You get pulled over for a violation and you fit the bill, then your citizenship should be questioned. If you cannot communicate with the officer, then it would be right by that officer to question their nationality. It's not hard... No one is advocating for random hispanics to be stopped for how they look, they are asking for them to be questioned when they're pulled over/in a situation they'd be questioned anyway.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

If this is the route that the country is going in, then national ID laws and cards are not too far off. I don't like them personally, but if you make ALL citizens and legal residents carry ID, then it is at least fair. We need immigration reform in this country badly. No, that is not me suggesting amnesty. I am vehemently against it. But you are delusional if you think that you can deport 12-20 million people from this country.

They will leave the same way they came. Who sits around when they no longer have any access to jobs or free government services, as they do now. I don't blame the immigrants but something must be done on all fronts. Since the federal government has proven to be inept, Arizona has rightfully taken measures into their own hands.

"I believe in the power of the free market, but a free market was never meant to

be a free license to take whatever you can get, however you can get it." President Obama

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

If she is an immigrant and fails to provide ID, she damn well better be arrested!!

Well that depends on what ID we are talking about. I'm referring to a greencard. Obviously driving without a license is another kettle of fish.

yup, that's what would happen in a RL scenario. I wonder where all the tea party supporters are, they should be protesting against this law, since it violates the constitution, I thought they were all about upholding pure constitutional values, for everyone. Not do so something for the greater good even if some groups get affected by it.

The Constitution is for Americans, not for Mexicans wishing to enter willy-nilly as they see fit.

When people need to resort to extremities and unrealistic scenarios, you know they have no real argument.

"I believe in the power of the free market, but a free market was never meant to

be a free license to take whatever you can get, however you can get it." President Obama

Timeline

Those who are 'working' for those employers are just as much criminals.

If someone crosses this border illegally, they are an automatic criminal. Period.

If the majority is hispanics (which they are) then maybe their legal hispanic brothers and sisters should stand up and tell them to get the ** out and stop messing with their lives.

It's simple: You get pulled over for a violation and you fit the bill, then your citizenship should be questioned. If you cannot communicate with the officer, then it would be right by that officer to question their nationality. It's not hard... No one is advocating for random hispanics to be stopped for how they look, they are asking for them to be questioned when they're pulled over/in a situation they'd be questioned anyway.

Under the law they are not "criminals" just as you are not a libertarian...and again if your stopped for a moving violation you can announce to the officer you are illegal and the cop can only give you a ticket.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The Constitution is for Americans, not for Mexicans wishing to enter willy-nilly as they see fit.

When people need to resort to extremities and unrealistic scenarios, you know they have no real argument.

im talking about the mexican-americans or legal aliens who would get affected by this, not the illegal aliens

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Well that depends on what ID we are talking about. I'm referring to a greencard. Obviously driving without a license is another kettle of fish.

Not really.... she is driving, she is an immigrant, she is pulled over for speeding.

Federal law mandates she carries her Green Card with her at all times. Failure to do so can result in fines and possible revocation of the GC, and then deportation. The state law says she is mandated to carry her drivers license with her while driving. Not much wiggle room there... in either case the cops better be arresting her an hauling her down to lock up.

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

You guys are talking like it's one major helluva inconvenience to carry a damn piece of paper in your wallet.

If you're legal, then you should have no problem proving it. Moving on.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

The others wouldn't be worth worrying about hey. I guess every other first world country must just be paranoid then; hence their 100 fold more stringent stance.

I do like the legal path option. After all, most Americans are just living so well that is there is plenty to go around. The 12,000,000 Californians considered to be living in poverty are just a figment of someone's imagination and will only benefit from illegal aliens or the importation of even more cheap labor. Surely since we have been led to believe immigration is a positive no matter what the country or its circumstances, then China and India too stand to benefit from even more immigration. Heck, just look at the positive affect open borders from the EU alone has had on salaries in the UK, particularly on middle-class and poor.

If US citizens wish to take the jobs that currently are being done by illegals, I'm all for it. If there is a legal path then the wages that are currently paid to illegals would in fact have to meet state legal requirements - as well as working conditions and the rest and those who currently rely on illegal aliens because they can't be arsed to pay better will be forced to do so or go out of business, thus making those jobs more accessible to a USC who is not going to take a job that is not paying legal minimum wages or is unsafe.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

yup.. the root of the problem with illegal immigration, is the employers who hire them

:rofl: They shouldnt even be here in the first place!To even be able to be hired sheeeeesh.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Timeline

Not really.... she is driving, she is an immigrant, she is pulled over for speeding.

Federal law mandates she carries her Green Card with her at all times. Failure to do so can result in fines and possible revocation of the GC, and then deportation. The state law says she is mandated to carry her drivers license with her while driving. Not much wiggle room there... in either case the cops better be arresting her an hauling her down to lock up.

This law doesn't give the police the right to arrest her for not having her green card.........unless, and someone tell me, does not having your green card on your person at all times equal a public offense that is grounds for removal from the country?

Now Ali.... the Constitution is for any one in this country. If they are not covered by the Constitution they can't be covered by our laws, which means they have broken none so whats the problem??

You can't have your cake and eat it too...

If our laws apply to them, so must the Constitution....

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Yeah, let's invite all those hardworking folks who wish to live and work in the U.S. with open arms. You know, 'cause they just love the U.S. so much. Y'know the ones who are "totally law-abiding" and have "never committed any crimes" even though they've snuck across the border illegally and worked without authorization.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

This law doesn't give the police the right to arrest her for not having her green card.........unless, and someone tell me, does not having your green card on your person at all times equal a public offense that is grounds for removal from the country?

You can be detained until you can prove who you are...

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

You guys are talking like it's one major helluva inconvenience to carry a damn piece of paper in your wallet.

If you're legal, then you should have no problem proving it. Moving on.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow