Obama 2012

Arizonans and The Nation Torn On Immigration Bill

767 posts in this topic

Well if you say " I'm John Smoke and I live at 33 Pear St. I don't have ID on me at the moment." then no.

If you say" I'm John Doe I'm not telling you where I live because I just robbed that store" then yes.

If you are out just walking on the street... maybe.

If you are driving and get stopped. Specifically if they think you hiding a crime, you can be held for up to 24 hours with no charge filed. After that your status is simply changed to, charged. And you are there until you can get a lawyer to get you out. Or you see a judge and have the charge dismissed. Yes, you can try to sue but don't expect to win...

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Speeding laws are measures to generate city income. Don't be naive.

Maybe you have another explanation for the largest number of speed traps n the area being in the ghettos? Perhaps, catching a speeder is more important than the daily shootings or violence there.

Edited by Ali G.

"I believe in the power of the free market, but a free market was never meant to

be a free license to take whatever you can get, however you can get it." President Obama

I'm pretty sure first offense is a fine.

Pretty sure... you are betting your life here in the US on pretty sure???

Just carry the damn card.

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

If you are out just walking on the street... maybe.

If you are driving and get stopped. Specifically if they think you hiding a crime, you can be held for up to 24 hours with no charge filed. After that your status is simply changed to, charged. And you are there until you can get a lawyer to get you out. Or you see a judge and have the charge dismissed. Yes, you can try to sue but don't expect to win...

So what? You have to have a photo ID license to drive anyway.

Pretty sure... you are betting your life here in the US on pretty sure???

Just carry the damn card.

Why do continually keep assuming I'm an immigrant? Kind of ironic given the topic.

Unfortunately the last mass-scale amnesty proved otherwise - an epic failure. Those given amnesty were fired and replaced with the new wave of illegals. Hence, welcome to the country's predicament in 2010.

It's no different to what has happened in the UK. British plumbers, for example, had to compete with those from Poland who would do the work at half the price or less. Bye bye blue-collar market in the UK.

The poles are legally allowed to work in the UK. Of course it's a problem if a company wants to hire employees for less than the minimum state wage requirements but that's a different problem that requires a different solution.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Timeline

Why do continually keep assuming I'm an immigrant? Kind of ironic given the topic.

:lol:

Maybe you have another explanation for the largest number of speed traps n the area being in the ghettos? Perhaps, catching a speeder is more important than the daily shootings or violence there.

??

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Now thats the biggest load of bull...... droppings ... I ever heard of.

Many speeding laws are specificlly for generating income for the small town. Maybe you need to wake up and look around you once in a while....

I am sure most pedestrians who have been killed by speeding motorists are reassured by this statement.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

:lol: so naive.

You think that's funny? Getting hit by a car going 35 isn't nearly so deadly as getting hit by one going 65. Most pedestrian and cycle fatalities and serious injuries are caused by speeding motorists, not by law abiding ones. I don't think that's funny at all. The laws make sense, the fining system? I have no idea if that's the most efficient method of trying to keep people from breaking sensible laws or not.

You think that's funny? Getting hit by a car going 35 isn't nearly so deadly as getting hit by one going 65. Most pedestrian and cycle fatalities and serious injuries are caused by speeding motorists, not by law abiding ones. I don't think that's funny at all. The laws make sense, the fining system? I have no idea if that's the most efficient method of trying to keep people from breaking sensible laws or not.

Deport them of course.

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Every non-citizen who breaks any law.

Which automatically defaults to all of them...

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

The poles are legally allowed to work in the UK. Of course it's a problem if a company wants to hire employees for less than the minimum state wage requirements but that's a different problem that requires a different solution.

Thus proves that just because someone's status is legal or made legal, does not change or improve the situation for everyone else. In the example of the UK, it made it worse for Brits.

"I believe in the power of the free market, but a free market was never meant to

be a free license to take whatever you can get, however you can get it." President Obama