Obama 2012

Arizonans and The Nation Torn On Immigration Bill

767 posts in this topic

Generally speaking if you are caught speeding, the officer has radar data to prove it. They don't need to ask ;)

My best friend is a retired cop. He says only a stupid cop fails to ask that question.

The next question asked is: Do you know why I stopped you?

The reason? So in court, the cop can testify that you said ... blah, blah, blah...

Anything you say, can be used against you in a court of law....

Its never always so simple as to be about 'need to ask'....

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

True, and hopefully, their reluctance to be on the front line on immigration enforcement may well prove to be one of the things that kills it. I can but hope :thumbs:

Cleo, any suggestions on how Arizona amongst other states should proceed to control and limit illegal aliens walking all over their state?

"I believe in the power of the free market, but a free market was never meant to

be a free license to take whatever you can get, however you can get it." President Obama

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well if she was speeding and was getting a traffic ticket for it, she could tell the officer she is an immigrant, fail to provide ID and she still can't be arrested.

True, but the problem here is to what extent the investigation of immigration law is compatible with the investigation of criminal law.

There is a specific agency that investigates immigration violations and it isn't the local PD.

Cleo, any suggestions on how Arizona amongst other states should proceed to control and limit illegal aliens walking all over their state?

Not that I need to provide an answer, but find legal ways to allow those hard working immigrants who wish to work in the US who currently can not with a legal path to do so. That would solve most of the problem and the rest wouldn't be worth worrying about, rather like I don't worry about the waste of money caused by those in society who make dumb decisions.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My best friend is a retired cop. He says only a stupid cop fails to ask that question.

The next question asked is: Do you know why I stopped you?

The reason? So in court, the cop can testify that you said ... blah, blah, blah...

Anything you say, can be used against you in a court of law....

Its never always so simple as to be about 'need to ask'....

Yes, but given that the issue we are talking about is one that has a racial element to it, do you not see how potentially dodgy it is to task the local PD with investigating violations of immigration law? Whether you want to admit it or not, the decisions made by the cop to ask or not ask are going to be heavily scrutinized.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The big deal is that he is a citizen, and as such, not required to carry ID, only identify himself to authorities if asked. The big deal is that even though he is a citizen, would stand a good chance of going to the police station, in custody, to have to establish his status. This law in essence treats all hispanics as if they are illegal.

yup, that's what would happen in a RL scenario. I wonder where all the tea party supporters are, they should be protesting against this law, since it violates the constitution, I thought they were all about upholding pure constitutional values, for everyone. Not do so something for the greater good even if some groups get affected by it.

From every angle, this law is inefficient and will add a great burden to the local police force. There's no reason to give the police force more things to do, when they're not prepared for. Wasn't Arizona that broke that they had to sell or rent space in public office buildings? how are they going to afford the increase in papework and whatnot, if they say they are going to treat everybody the same, and not ask extra questions or ID to certain groups?

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Pssssssst! Its illegal to cross the border illegally. :bonk:

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

True, but the problem here is to what extent the investigation of immigration law is compatible with the investigation of criminal law.

There is a specific agency that investigates immigration violations and it isn't the local PD.

The only difference I see is this. The only way immigration comes up is if the person has done something to already warrant an arrest (in most cases). So either way the person is going to jail for the night. While in jail the police now have the requirement to report someone that doesn't have an immigration status. In my community, ICE already visits jails on a regular basis.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The only problem with this enforcement on illegals is that it should've been done years ago.

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Wheres the outrage over having to show proof of car insurance if your pulled over?

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Rob, any ideas of a workable solution then? Or just the usual imaginary paranoia driven scenario.

How about having the people of Arizona vote on this?

BY, maybe you should take your own suggestion there before you wholeheartedly support something that is blatantly flawed and most likely not even constitutional.

If this is the route that the country is going in, then national ID laws and cards are not too far off. I don't like them personally, but if you make ALL citizens and legal residents carry ID, then it is at least fair. We need immigration reform in this country badly. No, that is not me suggesting amnesty. I am vehemently against it. But you are delusional if you think that you can deport 12-20 million people from this country.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

BY, maybe you should take your own suggestion there before you wholeheartedly support something that is blatantly flawed and most likely not even constitutional.

If this is the route that the country is going in, then national ID laws and cards are not too far off. I don't like them personally, but if you make ALL citizens and legal residents carry ID, then it is at least fair. We need immigration reform in this country badly. No, that is not me suggesting amnesty. I am vehemently against it. But you are delusional if you think that you can deport 12-20 million people from this country.

Well through the employer route, there would be very little deportation. There would be migration, either to mexico or canada.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Well through the employer route, there would be very little deportation. There would be migration, either to mexico or canada.

yup.. the root of the problem with illegal immigration, is the employers who hire them

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Well if she was speeding and was getting a traffic ticket for it, she could tell the officer she is an immigrant, fail to provide ID and she still can't be arrested.

If she is an immigrant and fails to provide ID, she damn well better be arrested!!

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Not that I need to provide an answer, but find legal ways to allow those hard working immigrants who wish to work in the US who currently can not with a legal path to do so. That would solve most of the problem and the rest wouldn't be worth worrying about, rather like I don't worry about the waste of money caused by those in society who make dumb decisions.

The others wouldn't be worth worrying about hey. I guess every other first world country must just be paranoid then; hence their 100 fold more stringent stance.

I do like the legal path option. After all, most Americans are just living so well that is there is plenty to go around. The 12,000,000 Californians considered to be living in poverty are just a figment of someone's imagination and will only benefit from illegal aliens or the importation of even more cheap labor. Surely since we have been led to believe immigration is a positive no matter what the country or its circumstances, then China and India too stand to benefit from even more immigration. Heck, just look at the positive affect open borders from the EU alone has had on salaries in the UK, particularly on middle-class and poor.

"I believe in the power of the free market, but a free market was never meant to

be a free license to take whatever you can get, however you can get it." President Obama