oSanto

Images of RFE from VSC

10 posts in this topic

Hello dear friends,

here are copies of the RFE I got from VSC (Vermont Service Center) after I sent in the paperwork for lifting the conditions:

RFE page 1: rfe1.jpg

RFE page 2: rfe2.jpg

RFE page 3: rfe3.jpg

I originally sent them:

• Dec 2009 joint bank account statement in both names
  • 2007 and 2008 joint tax returns
  • Photos covering from the wedding in 2007 to Christmas 2009
  • Cable TV utility bill in both names

I will now send them:

• Home lease in both names
  • 2 or 3 friends notarized affidavits

and that's about it...

What I cannot send:

- Children stuff (we don't have yet, my wife just got pregnant and hopefully will have soon)

- Home title (we rent)

- Renters insurance (we don't have)

- Life insurance (we don't have one)

- Medical insurance (we don't have one issued in US)

- Vehicle title (we do not own a car, my wife does not have a driving license and I drive a company car)

- Installments loans (we are debt free)

- Other credit cards (we do not have, we pay using debit cards and that's maybe why we are debt free...)

- Membership cards (we have a few, like Costco, several frequent flyer but none of them are joint)

I will keep you updated.

Thank you.

have u filed 2009 tax return?

i also think that sending some documents showing that your wife is pregnent and you guys went together to some check up appopintments will help too.

Aug 2001 - Enter US on B2 visiting visa

July 2002 - Enrolled in school, obtained F1 Visa

Sept 2007 - Married

Nov 2007 - File for GC

Feb 2008 - Interview - approved

Mar 2008 - received 2 year conditional GC.

11/30/2009 - Applied for ROC

12/15/2009 - received NOA, NOA date 12/10/2009

1/15/2010 - FP appointment

1/17/2010 - LUD

4/18/2010 - Previous I765 LUD

Still waiting...

I will now send them:

If you don't mind my asking - why did you not send this originally?

It would seem that living together (and/or proof of that) is a key piece of evidence. Not to beat you up - what's done is done, but for those readers who will be filing later on.

I think this (along with what you did already send) will help satisfy the RFE. (I might be tempted to also include 2009's joint return as well.) Thanks for posting scans of the RFE notice - this always helps folks understand the RFE when replying. :star:

Hello dear friends,

here are copies of the RFE I got from VSC (Vermont Service Center) after I sent in the paperwork for lifting the conditions:

RFE page 1: rfe1.jpg

RFE page 2: rfe2.jpg

RFE page 3: rfe3.jpg

I originally sent them:

• Dec 2009 joint bank account statement in both names
  • 2007 and 2008 joint tax returns
  • Photos covering from the wedding in 2007 to Christmas 2009
  • Cable TV utility bill in both names

I will now send them:

• 2 or 3 friends notarized affidavits

and that's about it...

What I cannot send:

- Children stuff (we don't have yet, my wife just got pregnant and hopefully will have soon)

- Home title (we rent)

- Renters insurance (we don't have)

- Life insurance (we don't have one)

- Medical insurance (we don't have one issued in US)

- Vehicle title (we do not own a car, my wife does not have a driving license and I drive a company car)

- Installments loans (we are debt free)

- Other credit cards (we do not have, we pay using debit cards and that's maybe why we are debt free...)

- Membership cards (we have a few, like Costco, several frequent flyer but none of them are joint)

I will keep you updated.

Thank you.

What about vacations itineraies? telephone bills with both of your names on it? more joint accounts bank staments, you only send one? you have to send staments covering the spam of your marriage at least 6 0r 8 staments.

I hope this helps

Maher

Removing Conditions

12/30/2009: I-751 sent

12/31 2009 receieved at Vermont Center.

1/05/2010 check cashed

1/04/2010 NOA1

1/15/2010 Biometrics appoint. ( Feb. 3th)

4/12/2010 Aproved! Card production ordered!

4/20/2010 Card received

Finally over!!! no more uscis until naturalization.

Thank you LORD!!!!!!!

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me"

have u filed 2009 tax return?

i also think that sending some documents showing that your wife is pregnent and you guys went together to some check up appopintments will help too.

We have been at the doctor once and I do have the receipt, it is a cash receipt of USD $70 but in the description there is only my wife's name. There is not my name however because I was not being visited.

If you don't mind my asking - why did you not send this originally?

It would seem that living together (and/or proof of that) is a key piece of evidence. Not to beat you up - what's done is done, but for those readers who will be filing later on.

I think this (along with what you did already send) will help satisfy the RFE. (I might be tempted to also include 2009's joint return as well.) Thanks for posting scans of the RFE notice - this always helps folks understand the RFE when replying. :star:

Otto, you are perfectly right.

I had in mind that even if I would have sent them originally, I would still have received the RFE.

At that point if I would have sent everything at once and still got the RFE what else could i have sent them?

Now I can still send them something at least.

It is highly possible that we could be called for an interview where hopefully they will realize that we are married for real.

We do not conform to the "standard clique" of the American way of life.

It depends mainly I guess from our own origins. In Europe or in Brazil seldomly newly married couples endure in new home or vehicle purchase.

You do not need to buy a private medical coverage since it is provided for free to everybody (Universal Health Care).

The Financial approach is also completely different: if you don't have money, you don't buy, you save instead.

By living by these terms, me and my wife have spent together two unforgettable years. We travel quite a lot, at least every two months we either go to Brazil or to Europe for a week to see our relatives and friends. We do not have to renounce to nothing.

By comparison I have my work colleague that earns as much as I do, but on my contrary he is deeply in debt because of two car leases (he says that he would be ashamed if his friends would see him in his white company Ford Fusion), house mortgage (on a property that has lost about 50% of its value in less than 5 years), insurance payments for everything, a dog (insured), subscription for everything (OnStar and Sirius on both vehicle, DirecTv, TiVo, 2 iPhones on a $69 plan each, pool cleaning contract, landscaping contract, appliance service plan, homeowner association, etc.) and about a dozen credit cards each all maxed-out. Same situation as ours of no children, but no leisure at all and his mood is directly linked to his credit rating (below average). All they can afford is movie tickets on the week-end, while we instead go to visit friends for three week-ends in a row and on the forth we go for example to a resort in Turks and Caicos for 2 days purchased on a last minute website for less than half the price.

By saying this I do not want to offend anybody who unintentionally suits the picture of my colleague.

The only advantage that my colleague would have is that with such volume of billing statements, insurances, car titles, etc. he would certainly have received an immediate approval to lift the conditions shall his wife been an immigrant. But is it worth?

What about vacations itineraies? telephone bills with both of your names on it? more joint accounts bank staments, you only send one? you have to send staments covering the spam of your marriage at least 6 0r 8 staments.

I hope this helps

Maher

We do not have a land line, instead I sent the cable Tv bill for the internet subscription. Regarding the mobile phones we both have a prepaid flat of USD $35 a month with unlimited local and long distance (MetroPCS), but they do not send any bill, they just charge our debit card every month.

Regarding the bank statements I can request to the bank the previous years since i usually do not keep the statements.

I have more than a month for replying, but i will not wait the last day. I will start assembling the package, but I will try to put more emphasis on a credible cover letter.

Thank you for your suggestions.

John.

I'm surprised that you don't have renter's insurance policy. That does not cost a lot (around $300 per year) but it covers your possessions in case of fire, burglary and it's something that you can have in both names.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

you have to send staments covering the spam of your marriage at least 6 0r 8 staments.

I think you meant to say "Span". If he sends them proof showing marriage spam, then he can guarantee a denial rofl.gif

Wife's I-130:

03/15/2019 NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

02/11/2020 Case transferred to Vermont Service Center

02/02/2021 NOA2 الحمد لله

02/04/2021 Approval email
02/12/2022 NVC documents submitted

I'm surprised that you don't have renter's insurance policy. That does not cost a lot (around $300 per year) but it covers your possessions in case of fire, burglary and it's something that you can have in both names.

Not everyone gets renters insurance. We certainly didn't have it while we rented.

We bought our first house 1.5 yrs ago when the market was at its lowest and of course have home owners insurance now.

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

I think you meant to say "Span". If he sends them proof showing marriage spam, then he can guarantee a denial rofl.gif

That's exactly what I meant.. sorry for the typo LOL

Removing Conditions

12/30/2009: I-751 sent

12/31 2009 receieved at Vermont Center.

1/05/2010 check cashed

1/04/2010 NOA1

1/15/2010 Biometrics appoint. ( Feb. 3th)

4/12/2010 Aproved! Card production ordered!

4/20/2010 Card received

Finally over!!! no more uscis until naturalization.

Thank you LORD!!!!!!!

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me"

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

One of the things I submitted was the photocopy of many letters and Christmas/BD cards that friends and family had sent us that had both of our names and address. That shows that you live together in the same address as a couple.

You said you two have traveled a lot. Did you keep your boarding passes and itinerary (like the other poster mentioned)? If so, submit them (I did).

I wish you all the best and the approval soon. :)

Ladywhite

Click here to look at my K-1 journey and AOS adventure on my profile -- signature & story tab...

----------------------------------------------------

973181_1238682260.jpg

Check out our dog's blog here.

My ROC Adventure:

January 13, 2010----------Mailed out I-751 to VSC

January 15, 2010----------Package delivered

January 19, 2010----------NOA

January 21, 2010----------Check cashed

February 17, 2010---------Biometrics

April 8, 2010----------------Card production ordered

April 19, 2010---------------Card received in the mail

The Most Powerful Force in Life is Love

1095_thumb.gif1332_thumb.gif807_thumb.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.