7 posts in this topic

Hi

I brought my husband here from another contry 2 months ago om k3 visa and what a mistake!He still hasnt got his work permit or residency because he is abusing me and threating me everyday and I dont what to do! I want a divorce and want to send him back I never thought this would happen because we have known each other 6 years and as soon as he stepped foot in america hes a different person!He used me!! I feel so lost and I need help.What is the first step to take?He has called the police trying to claim spouse abuse but I have called police for all he is doing.I got police reports too.Please help hes driving me insane!!I think he pretended to love me for money and his green card!But I have not done either I refuse too..I dont know what forum to write too so I found this one.If its wrong forum I apologize.I know I am reponsible for him and thats what hes also threating me about and im working so hard to support him cause he brought no money either! :bonk: .Thankyou for any help.

Edited by bigmistake

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Im sorry for what you're going through. If he hasn't received his green card, EAD, nothing yet then what are you waiting for. Can't you cancel the AOS. Get yourself a lawyer and divorce him right away.. kick him out of the house since your the one who's paying for it. Call ICE since he married you for the green card and how he's using you.good luck

Edited by Sherry&Scott

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Well, he's here on a K-3 and he's not filed (specifically, YOU'VE NOT FILED) for Adjustment of Status (AOS) or Employment Authorization Document (EAD)

Since he's now flipped out, and showing his true self, you should NOT file anything on his behalf with USCIS.

Strongly suggest you file for divorce - study that process at the local county courthouse and courthouse library - each state is different on the process, but the county clerk knows all. GO THERE IN PERSON, inquire.

If you divorce him, I'm not sure what happens to his current immigration status, at all, as it's a K-3 visa. I not know much about what happens in this particular situation. I do suggest you divorce him, though.

If you don't want to divorce him at the moment, you can certainly file a protective order ...

If I were in yer shoes, I'd hire a security guard for a day, to keep him out of the house, whilst I hired a video crew to video-tape me packing up his belongings, putting them in a public storage facility, and then finally, the security guard giving him the key to the new storage facility. You might need that video as evidence in a court case, for later.

Then change yer locks.

Good Luck, however it turns out.

*** moving to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits Forum ***

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Well, he's here on a K-3 and he's not filed (specifically, YOU'VE NOT FILED) for Adjustment of Status (AOS) or Employment Authorization Document (EAD)

Since he's now flipped out, and showing his true self, you should NOT file anything on his behalf with USCIS.

Strongly suggest you file for divorce - study that process at the local county courthouse and courthouse library - each state is different on the process, but the county clerk knows all. GO THERE IN PERSON, inquire.

If you divorce him, I'm not sure what happens to his current immigration status, at all, as it's a K-3 visa. I not know much about what happens in this particular situation. I do suggest you divorce him, though.

If you don't want to divorce him at the moment, you can certainly file a protective order ...

If I were in yer shoes, I'd hire a security guard for a day, to keep him out of the house, whilst I hired a video crew to video-tape me packing up his belongings, putting them in a public storage facility, and then finally, the security guard giving him the key to the new storage facility. You might need that video as evidence in a court case, for later.

Then change yer locks.

Good Luck, however it turns out.

*** moving to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits Forum ***

It's not clear to me from the opening post whether the AOS and EAD have been filed or not. If they have, withdraw the affidavit of support (I-864) by contacting USCIS. If not filed, don't file. Then kick him out if you want and file for divorce. The K3 visa holder has 30 days to leave the USA once the divorce is final. If there is no I-864 in force, whether the foreigner leaves or not is of no consequence to the US Citizen.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If you have not filed any paper work yet and you real want things to end call ICE and divorce him....He can only stay if you continue with paper work ptherwise he has to leave. I knew someone who was married and when he found out she was cheating her papers was already in the process he waited until her 2 temp card reached he sent it back with a letter saying he is no longer filing for her and ICE came and picked her up and divorce after she went back home....Good Luck on what ever decision you make.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If you have not filed any paper work yet and you real want things to end call ICE and divorce him....He can only stay if you continue with paper work ptherwise he has to leave. I knew someone who was married and when he found out she was cheating her papers was already in the process he waited until her 2 temp card reached he sent it back with a letter saying he is no longer filing for her and ICE came and picked her up and divorce after she went back home....Good Luck on what ever decision you make.

Whoa! :blink:

I think your friend is yanking your chain. A US citizen cannot revoke his wife's green card by sending it back to USCIS saying he's "no longer filing for her". First, the US citizen does not apply for the green card - the immigrant does. The only thing the US citizen can do is withdraw the affidavit of support, and once the AOS is approved and the green card is issued then it's too late to withdraw the affidavit of support. Second, he could get into SERIOUS TROUBLE for sending her green card back. It's not HIS green card, and he has no business doing ANYTHING with it. Third, adultery is not a violation of ANY aspect of immigration law, and is NO basis to revoke a green card. Fourth, even if they thought that SHE had voluntarily surrendered her green card (which she could certainly do), they would not have sent ICE to pick her up. She would have been permitted to leave the country voluntarily.

Your friend's story sounds like something a jilted husband of an immigrant wife might fantasize about doing, and might even believe that he could do, but it's highly unlikely it actually happened like that.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Hi

I brought my husband here from another contry 2 months ago om k3 visa and what a mistake!He still hasnt got his work permit or residency because he is abusing me and threating me everyday and I dont what to do! I want a divorce and want to send him back I never thought this would happen because we have known each other 6 years and as soon as he stepped foot in america hes a different person!He used me!! I feel so lost and I need help.What is the first step to take?He has called the police trying to claim spouse abuse but I have called police for all he is doing.I got police reports too.Please help hes driving me insane!!I think he pretended to love me for money and his green card!But I have not done either I refuse too..I dont know what forum to write too so I found this one.If its wrong forum I apologize.I know I am reponsible for him and thats what hes also threating me about and im working so hard to support him cause he brought no money either! :bonk: .Thankyou for any help.

First - sorry to hear you are going through this ... its such heartbreak when things dont happen as you think they will ....

Speaking from experience ..... even if you have filed for the AOS, EAD, SS# etc.... and you have NOT attended the AOS interview ... DIVORCE AND DO IT QUICKLY

If your husband is here on a K3 he can only adjust while being married to you. If you do not attend the AOS interview USCIS will deny the AOS(provided you are given an AOS interview and GC is not automatically sent.

At any rate you should make an info pass appointment and bring with you the official WITHDRAWL letter so you can hand it directly to the person you speak with. Be sure to include ANY and ALL petitions or affidavits of support you may have filed for your husband (just to cover all bases).

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.