Norm and Missy

107 days without a single touch

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Is it unusual that 107 days have passed, but the Vermont Service Center has not even touched my file??

Is there something wrong?

What should I do?

Dec. 28, 2009... NOA 1

Dec. 31, 2009... Touched

May 12, 2010... Nice guy at the USCIS mercifully sent a Service Request to the VSC to inquire about our petition

May 27, 2010... Received an e-mail stating that the VSC received the Service Request. Unfortunately, the e-mail also states that the processing time for service requests is 3 MONTHS!!

June 28, 2010... Heard from my senator that the USCIS is going to send me a RFE on July 1 asking for a certified copy of my birth certificate. Why do they have to wait until July 1 to ask for this??

July 13, 2010... Received an e-mail from the VSC explaining the delay in processing our petition. Apparently, the USCIS had put on hold all petitions from US citizens born with Puerto Rican birth certificates (like me). On July 1, USCIS headquarters finally gave clearance for these petitions to be processed.

July 26, 2010... Touch

July 27, 2010... Received text message and e-mail stating that our petition was approved on July 26!! We finally received our NOA 2!!

July 31, 2010... NVC received our approved petition

August 2, 2010... Received paper copy of our NOA2

August 4, 2010... Received letter from NVC confirming receipt of our approved petition

August 13, 2010... US embassy in Brazil received the approved petition

August 23, 2010... Missuzu received Packet 3/4

October 19, 2010... Interview... VISA APPROVED!!!

November 4, 2010... Missuzu received her passport with visa

December 27, 2010... POE... Houston, Texas

December 28, 2010... We got married!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Dont worry, it is pretty common that VSC wont have a single touch till the day they approve. Keep track of your similar timeline people from Brazil, you can kind of anticipate when you would get NOA2.

NOA1 : Dec 23, 2009

NOA2 : Mar 18, 2010

NVC In: Mar 24, 2010

NVC Out: Mar 30, 2010

Cons In: Apr 7, 2010

Packet 4: Apr 9, 2010

Interview: May 4 (Approved)

Visa in Hand: May 7

POE: May 27

SSN: June 17 applied

Wedding: June 27

AOS/EAD/AP sent: Aug 18

NOA1: Aug 28

Biometrics: Nov 18

Is it unusual that 107 days have passed, but the Vermont Service Center has not even touched my file??

What should I do?

my process took as follow:

I-129F was approved in 88 days from my NOA1

Interview took 150 days from I-129F NOA1 Date..

Perhaps, you may want to call them and find status.. Did you get any NOA2, have you received your new RDJ #?

"Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all. Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity. It is right and it is duty." -- NAPF page on Oscar Romero

Wife'sTime Line My link

Timeline

my process took as follow:

I-129F was approved in 88 days from my NOA1

Interview took 150 days from I-129F NOA1 Date..

Perhaps, you may want to call them and find status.. Did you get any NOA2, have you received your new RDJ #?

Regarding calling them... It seems they don't want to hear from you unless it has been longer than the 5 months they say the process (from NOA 1 and NOA2) will take. Should I call and try to talk to a person anyway? I think I would have to "lie" to the automated answering system and tell it that I have gone past the 5 months before it will allow me to reach a real person.

To answer your other questions... I have NOT received the NOA 2 yet. I received the NOA 1 on December 28, and the file hasn't been touched since December 31. Also... I haven't received an RDJ number... I guess I get that when I receive the NOA 2?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Dec. 28, 2009... NOA 1

Dec. 31, 2009... Touched

May 12, 2010... Nice guy at the USCIS mercifully sent a Service Request to the VSC to inquire about our petition

May 27, 2010... Received an e-mail stating that the VSC received the Service Request. Unfortunately, the e-mail also states that the processing time for service requests is 3 MONTHS!!

June 28, 2010... Heard from my senator that the USCIS is going to send me a RFE on July 1 asking for a certified copy of my birth certificate. Why do they have to wait until July 1 to ask for this??

July 13, 2010... Received an e-mail from the VSC explaining the delay in processing our petition. Apparently, the USCIS had put on hold all petitions from US citizens born with Puerto Rican birth certificates (like me). On July 1, USCIS headquarters finally gave clearance for these petitions to be processed.

July 26, 2010... Touch

July 27, 2010... Received text message and e-mail stating that our petition was approved on July 26!! We finally received our NOA 2!!

August 4, 2010... Received letter from NVC confirming receipt of our approved petition

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Regarding calling them... It seems they don't want to hear from you unless it has been longer than the 5 months they say the process (from NOA 1 and NOA2) will take. Should I call and try to talk to a person anyway? I think I would have to "lie" to the automated answering system and tell it that I have gone past the 5 months before it will allow me to reach a real person.

To answer your other questions... I have NOT received the NOA 2 yet. I received the NOA 1 on December 28, and the file hasn't been touched since December 31. Also... I haven't received an RDJ number... I guess I get that when I receive the NOA 2?

We waited 116 days between NOA1 and NOA2. We got a touch just after the NOA1, and then nothing until we were approved. I know it's not what you want to hear, but sit tight for a little while longer. The good news is on its way!

I-129F

6 Nov 2009: NOA1

2 March 2010: NOA2 (116 days)

14 April 2010: Interview (159 days) Approved!!

30 April 2010: Married!

AoS

18 May 2010: NOA1 for AoS, EAD and AP

8 June 2010: Case transferred to CSC

10 June 2010: Biometrics completed

31 July 2010: EAD and AP received!

9 Sept. 2010: RFE email for AoS

(RFE for medical. We replied with letter stating that it's not required since done overseas within one year)

18 January 2010: Interview - passed! Card production ordered!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Our case took 5 months at CSC. We didn't even show up online until approval. If you call, they will just say you are within normal processing times. You will receive your RDJ number once the case has been sent to and processed by NVC after you receive NOA2. Cases seem to be moving faster than they were in our time, so your approval is likely just around the corner. For us the NVC and consulate process went pretty fast. It was just waiting for NOA2 that took forever. Good luck!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

We got approved after 133 days and just had touch after 126 days from NOA1. Don't worry, yours is just around the corner!!! :star:

Edited by justar

K-1

Nov/13/2009 - I-129Fsent Jun/01/2010 - Interview Date (Approved)

Nov/17/2009 - NOA1 Jun/07/2010 - Visa in Hand

Mar/30/2010 - NOA2 Jun/24/2010 - POE (Washington DC)

Apr/08/2010 - Consulate Received Sep/03/2010 - Wedding

AOS

Jan/13/2011 - AOS/EAD/AP sent Mar/08/2011 - EAD Approved

Jan/14/2011 - Packet Received - Chicago Lockbox Mar/16/2010 - EAD + AP Combo Card Received

Jan/19/2011 - NOA1 Date Mar/29/2010 - AOS Approved

Jan/28/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Letter Received Apr/04/2011 - Welcome Letter Received

Feb/07/2011 - Biometrics Done Apr/05/2011 - GC Received

Feb/14/2011 - AOS Transferred to CSC

ROC

Jan/17/2013 - Packet Mailed to VSC Feb/01/2013 - Biometrics Letter Appointment Received

Jan/18/2013 - Packet Received Feb/14/2013 - Biometrics Done

Jan/24/2013 - Check Cashed Jul/08/2013 - Approval Letter Received (dated 07/03/2013)

Jan/25/2013 - NOA1 Received (dated 01/22/2013) Jul/12/2013 - GC Received

Naturalization

Jun/18/2014 - N-400 Sent

Jun/21/2014 - N-400 Received (Dallas Lockbox)

Jun/26/2014 - Check Cashed

Jun/30/2014 - NOA Received (dated 06/25/2014)

Jul/10/2014 - Biometric Appointment Letter Received

Jul/16/2014 - Biometrics Appointment

Jul/18/2014 - In Line For Interview

Aug/26/2014 - Text/email Interview Has Been Scheduled

Aug/29/2014 - Interview Letter Received (10/01/2014)

Oct/01/2014 - Interview - Approved

Oct/28/2014 - Oath Ceremony Letter Received (11/19/2014)

Nov/19/2014 - Oath Ceremony - Officially an American Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

5 months = 150 days, roughly, right?

107 days - yer still under the window.

Hang in there, don't stress about this.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I don't think it is unusual. There is a whiners thread about it already...LOL. We're whining about CSC getting approved weeks ahead of us for a NOA2 in VT. Blargh on VT.

Whiners Thread

Edited by Rob and Jill

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

What should I do?

At this point in time, that is not unusual for Vermont (VSC). Additionally, you could go through the process and receive your NOA2 without ever having your file touched (although that is rare).

EDITED to add: While you are waiting, it would be appreciated by all members here if you could add your timeline. Thanks!

Edited by Audy_Rob

Naturalization N-400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

What should I do?

It is nice to know ( I am sorry to say this.....) that there is someone in the same empty boat as I am (a RumRunner reference from the Dec VSC thread). I am one day behind you brother. It is nice to hear everyone say that we should just wait and that we will get it any day now, but this really sucks. Especially when some people from December already have their interviews scheduled. In all honesty I think what has happened is that when K-1 petitions arrive in VSC, a few days from each month are handed to the one person at VSC who we all love. You know who I speak of. The one employee who has been there for 35 + years, has 3 months vacation, 21 sick days, 12 mental days, takes 2 hours for lunch, comes in late, sits next to the coffee station and LOVES to "chat" and tells everyone about their next excursion down to the city. They also have to leave early everyday to pick up the Grandkids from school. Basically the walking retired employee. Yup. That's right. Our petitions are sitting on the desk of someone who maybe gets in 4 hours of work a week. And that's on a good week.

So I guess everyone is right. All we can do is sit and wait and pray that the Grandkids don't get sick. :D

12/28/09- Sent packet to VSC FedEx Priority overnight

12/29/09- VSC received and issued NOA1

01/03/10- Touched

04/20/10- NOA2!!!! Finally. No touch Straight to NOA2

04/22/10- NVC Received

04/23/10- NVC forwarded to Embassy in Kiev

04/26/10-Embassy in Kief Received

04/30/10-Embassy entered in System

06/07/10- Medical scheduled

06/09/10- Interview scheduled

06/09/10-APPROVED!!!

06/24/10-POE Newark

08/28/10-Married to my love, Allie

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

So I guess everyone is right. All we can do is sit and wait and pray that the Grandkids don't get sick. :D

I think if the Grangkids get sick, he/she won't need to drop them off or pick them up from school. So shouldn't we hope the Grandkids do get sick.

Sorry. I hope VSC picks things up a bit.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

While you are waiting, it would be appreciated by all members here if you could add your timeline. Thanks!

As suggested, I added my timeline... Although unfortunately, there is not much there yet... Hopefully, that will change soon

Thanks

Dec. 28, 2009... NOA 1

Dec. 31, 2009... Touched

July 26, 2010... Touch

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.