Butch Reyes

I-751 Removal of Condition- Insufficient Evidence

26 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everybody! After you submitted the I-751 and the check, after the biometric, you get so anxious and eager and look at the mail from Immigration. You anxiously feel the envelope and hope that the new 10 year green card has finally arrived. Unfortunately, when you open the envelope, and the letter says you have submitted insufficient evidence showing joint responsibilities and/or ownership. Then is says you must submit documents from the date of marriage to the present date.

How could I submit documents from the date of the marriage when my adjustment of status was only approved in Feb. 12/08. Our marriage was in Nov. 8, 2007. I immediately applied for my SS number and driver's license but you don't get them the next day. I was only first week of March I was able to get my SS number and license. So how could I open a joint account, a joint credit card, apply for auto financing without the SS number? I have submitted bank statements, insurance, auto financing but they were all closer to the present date rather than close to the date of marriage.

Hope you can give me advise. thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you don't have them, you can't send them, obviously. Just send what you can. They want stuff from the very very beginning of your marriage? Send'em some wedding and honeymoon photos.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

What they are looking for is documentation that spans the time from your green card until the time you applied for removal of conditions, some people just send the latest documents, such as bank statements. This does not show joint "ownership" over the past two years. Send them information such as: joint bank statements from every 4 months, christmas cards addressed to the both of you from the past few years, leases (if any) that were renewed each year, last 3 years of taxes filed jointly, proof of vacations the past few years. These are just a few ideas but I hope you get the idea they want a continum of documentation not just the latest.

Hope you can give me advise. thanks.

Let me ask you this. What did you send that shows you both live together? (Meaning something like a lease or similar.)

Beyond that curious question - you would need to list exactly what you did send (and exactly what the RFE notice says would be nice).

Filed: Other Timeline

More precisely, what EXACTLY, and I mean EXACTLY, did you sent?

My educated guess is that you missed out on ONE document, and that got them hung up . . .

Edited by Just Bob

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Timeline

If you don't have them, you can't send them, obviously. Just send what you can. They want stuff from the very very beginning of your marriage? Send'em some wedding and honeymoon photos.

Thanks for your reply. But I've shown them photos during my interview on my Adjustment of Status. And the IO took some pictures for their file. Is it not just a carry over to the I-751?

Timeline

More precisely, what EXACTLY, and I mean EXACTLY, did you sent?

My educated guess is that you missed out on ONE document, and that got them hung up . . .

Hi Bob, this is what I sent on my I-751 package:

1. Copies of the passport and green card. Passport I-551 stamp and Philippine Immigration Arrival/departure stamp as proof of travelling together with my spouse.

2. Two sworn affidavits by U.S. citizen friends, attesting to our relationship and marriage.

3. A partial copy of our 2008 joint US tax return.

4. Letter from insurance companies confirming enrollment on life and accident insurance with myself and spouse as beneficiaries.

5. Copy of sample utility bill under my name and in our place of residence

6. Copy of credit card statements showing bills/expenses paid by me

7. Copy of our cell phone family T-mobile account randomly picked between the periods May 2008 to the present. It even shows our calls to each other.

8. Copy of my most recent pay stub, showing our present address and civil status as married.

9. Copy of our joint bank account statement for 2009

10. A copy of our airline airline itinerary, boarding passes, passport arrival/departure stamps for our vacation last December 2, 2008 thru January 18, 2009.

11. Pictures of our most recent social affairs

12. Car registration of our most recent car purchase together with financing information for the said purchase

Timeline

Let me ask you this. What did you send that shows you both live together? (Meaning something like a lease or similar.)

Beyond that curious question - you would need to list exactly what you did send (and exactly what the RFE notice says would be nice).

Hi friends, please see my reply to Just Bob re what I sent. Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Just Bob was absolutely right. I think you don't have anything that shows common residence.

Do you have a lease? joint house ownership? letters addressed to each of you (individually or jointly) but bearing the same address?

Wife's I-130:

03/15/2019 NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

02/11/2020 Case transferred to Vermont Service Center

02/02/2021 NOA2 الحمد لله

02/04/2021 Approval email
02/12/2022 NVC documents submitted

You aslo need more tax info - you have only one year when you should also include at least 2009 as well.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Hi friends, please see my reply to Just Bob re what I sent. Thanks.

Again - so you sent nothing that has to do with living together? (A lease, mortgage etc?) Is this not something you can do?

Timeline

Again - so you sent nothing that has to do with living together? (A lease, mortgage etc?) Is this not something you can do?

Can I send them photos of our wedding, and other pictures from the start of marriage. The dates are embossed on the photos. I can send them some of the pictures we showed the IO during our interview for the CR green card. Also I plan to send this year's tax return. I have sent them our auto mortgage in the initial package and I will now send the auto title but the car was only acquired Dec/09.

I sent them my pay slip that shows our place of residence. Maybe I can also send them my driver's license showing the same address, also my wife's. thanks for your comments.

Can I send them photos of our wedding, and other pictures from the start of marriage. The dates are embossed on the photos. I can send them some of the pictures we showed the IO during our interview for the CR green card. Also I plan to send this year's tax return. I have sent them our auto mortgage in the initial package and I will now send the auto title but the car was only acquired Dec/09.

I sent them my pay slip that shows our place of residence. Maybe I can also send them my driver's license showing the same address, also my wife's. thanks for your comments.

You can send the photos, but really, photos are just secondary evidence. They really prove nothing in the way of sharing a life and/or a home together. The tax return for the year and auto information are fine too - but if they're specifically looking for info towards the beginning of the marriage, it may not help much in that sense. The driver's licenses do show both your addresses and are a good thing to send too.

Is there a reason you cannot send (or are reluctant to send) the other things folks here have suggested - lease, mortgage information, maybe even some utility bills (we submitted some in both names)?

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

The missing link, the trigger, is the missing 2007 tax return.

Furthermore, the wedding photos you submitted covered the AOS application only. They know you got married. They now want to know what you did since you got married.

What you need to send is photos SINCE you got married. Birthday parties, vacations, holidays. You should have SOME photos showing that you did things together as a married couple in the past 21 months?

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

You may want to send your lease or mortgage. You sent partial 2008 tax? 2007/8/9 tax transcripts will do a lot of good. They already have pictures of you as a married couple. If you decide to send pictures, they want to see you guys stayed married and have proof besides the one you sent during I-485. If you have drivers licenses showing that you live together, you should have sent that with I-751 but go ahead and send it again. Any children together? Do you have bills dating back to when you first got married?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.