Alla

APRIL 2010 FILERS

2,490 posts in this topic

I phoned that number today. Told me that I should receive my biometric appt 30 days from the date of when they received my RFE stuff (which was the 19th May).

Unfortunately my local USCIS office is in Anchorage, which is a 7 hour drive from here. We just went down there a few weeks ago to discuss my RFE, and I don't fancy going down there again unless it is for my biometrics!!

That's weird, I thought they suppose to send the bio letter within 30 days they got your application instead of REF.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Senegal
Timeline

I phoned that number today. Told me that I should receive my biometric appt 30 days from the date of when they received my RFE stuff (which was the 19th May).

Unfortunately my local USCIS office is in Anchorage, which is a 7 hour drive from here. We just went down there a few weeks ago to discuss my RFE, and I don't fancy going down there again unless it is for my biometrics!!

me they send me an update that they got my rfe response on the 19th n sent the biometrics on the 20th

maybe it s oming

APRIL 19/10 - aos package sent

april 21/10- package received day 1

april 26/10- NOA S sent 5dys

april30/10- NOA S hardcopies received 9 dys

may 10th/10- got RFE ahhhhhhhhhh 19 dys

may 12th/10- sent evidence 21 days

may 17th/10-received 26 dys

may19th/10- I-485 touched 28 dys

may 24/10- got biometrics letter for june/17th 33 days

may 25/10- biometrics WALK IN done 34days

may26/10- i-131 touched 35 dys

june 7/10- 2nd RFE AHHHHHHHHHHHH 46dys

june 10-RFE response sent bck 49 dys

june 15- RFE RECEIVED 54 dys

june 16- EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED 55 dys

june 17/10- actual biometrics 56 dys

june 17- i131/ i130 touched

june 18-i485 touched 57 dys

june 22nd-AP RECEIVED N APPROVED!!!/765 touched 61 dys

june 24- 765 touched...again..?? 63 dys

june 25- INTERVIEW LETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTER! 64 dys

july 29th- INTERVIEW DAY at 14h30 san antonio tx DAY 99 AKA 3mnths 8 days approooooooovedddddddddddddd

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Senegal
Timeline

me they send me an update that they got my rfe response on the 19th n sent the biometrics on the 20th

maybe it s oming

turns out my case went to the wrong place !

ughhhhhhhhhhhhh I COULD KILL THESE PEOPLE

APRIL 19/10 - aos package sent

april 21/10- package received day 1

april 26/10- NOA S sent 5dys

april30/10- NOA S hardcopies received 9 dys

may 10th/10- got RFE ahhhhhhhhhh 19 dys

may 12th/10- sent evidence 21 days

may 17th/10-received 26 dys

may19th/10- I-485 touched 28 dys

may 24/10- got biometrics letter for june/17th 33 days

may 25/10- biometrics WALK IN done 34days

may26/10- i-131 touched 35 dys

june 7/10- 2nd RFE AHHHHHHHHHHHH 46dys

june 10-RFE response sent bck 49 dys

june 15- RFE RECEIVED 54 dys

june 16- EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED 55 dys

june 17/10- actual biometrics 56 dys

june 17- i131/ i130 touched

june 18-i485 touched 57 dys

june 22nd-AP RECEIVED N APPROVED!!!/765 touched 61 dys

june 24- 765 touched...again..?? 63 dys

june 25- INTERVIEW LETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTER! 64 dys

july 29th- INTERVIEW DAY at 14h30 san antonio tx DAY 99 AKA 3mnths 8 days approooooooovedddddddddddddd

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Hey guys! I received my EAD card in the mail yesterday =)

Not too sure what is the next step for me! I was on F-1 and now on OPT (well I guess now that I have my new EAD card, I am no longer on OPT). My mum who is a permanent resident sponsored me back in February 2006 when I was 17 (Category 2A for I-130 petition) and finally sent in the AOS April this year when I my priority date was current. Completed my biometrics early May so will the next step be the interview?? I see people who had their biometrics around the same time as mine and they received their interview letter! Hope my EAD didn't slow down the application sigh...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

I'm waiting for mine too...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline

Congratulation on your interview letter!! :thumbs:

I didn't receive anything yet. It's 42 days now. I think my EAD slowed down interview.

I know. I felt nervous about getting ours so fast. I thought it might mean that they were going to give us a first interview in preparation for a Stokes. And I also felt a little guilty because I know how painful it is to wait and watch others pass you by.

I've concluded it's the office. I think you are in NYC. We're working with the NOLA office. While New Orleans isn't a backwater, podunk town, it's not a hot spot for immigrants, so they probably have a lighter caseload. We went back in March before we filed to verify that we could, that we wouldn't be facing charges of visa fraud, and at that time the officer told us that they were processing AOS applications in 45 days. And when I count from biometrics to interview, it is 47 days. Who knows.

AOS Timeline

4/14/10 - Packet received at Chicago Lockbox at 9:22 AM (Day 1)

4/24/10 - Received hardcopy NOAs (Day 10)

5/14/10 - Biometrics taken. (Day 31)

5/29/10 - Interview letter received 6/30 at 10:30 (Day 46)

6/30/10 - Interview: 10:30 (Day 77) APPROVED!!!

6/30/10 - EAD received in the mail

7/19/10 - GC in hand! (Day 96) .

Hey guys! I received my EAD card in the mail yesterday =)

Not too sure what is the next step for me! I was on F-1 and now on OPT (well I guess now that I have my new EAD card, I am no longer on OPT). My mum who is a permanent resident sponsored me back in February 2006 when I was 17 (Category 2A for I-130 petition) and finally sent in the AOS April this year when I my priority date was current. Completed my biometrics early May so will the next step be the interview?? I see people who had their biometrics around the same time as mine and they received their interview letter! Hope my EAD didn't slow down the application sigh...

How do you actually request expedite for EAD? You have to submit paperwork? On what basis do you claim that you are eligible?

5/8/12- I-751 Mailed

6/22/12- Early bio done, received 551 stamp

6/25/12- NOA received dated 6/21

1/29/13- Approved

I heard about i864 affidavit support fee that state dept will bill later on application process. When does that happen? Or do we even have to pay? I didn't send money with my AOS package.

5/8/12- I-751 Mailed

1/29/13- Approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I heard about i864 affidavit support fee that state dept will bill later on application process. When does that happen? Or do we even have to pay? I didn't send money with my AOS package.

Can you further clarify what you meant by you didnt send money with the packet? Did you not submit the required $1010?

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

AOS from F-1 visa (2 months 2 1/2 weeks or 82 days)

04/14/10 - Sent AOS Package

04/26/10 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/16/10 - Biometrics letter

05/19/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/07/10 - Interview Appointment in Philly- July 7 @ 11:05 am APPROVED

07/19/10 - 2 YEAR Green Card received

Removal of Conditions (9 months 1 1/2 weeks or 285 days)

04/08/12 - Eligibility date

04/19/12 - Sent ROC Package

04/26/12 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/17/10 - Biometrics letter

05/24/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

01/25/13 - APPROVED- ROC card production ordered

02/05/13 - 10 YEAR Green Card received

Naturalization (5 months 2 days or 155 days)

04/15/13 - Eligibility date

06/07/13 - Sent Package

06/20/13 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

06/27/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/05/13 - Interview letter sent/In-line notification

08/14/13 - Interview scheduled in Philly @ 1:30 pm APPROVED

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

I know. I felt nervous about getting ours so fast. I thought it might mean that they were going to give us a first interview in preparation for a Stokes. And I also felt a little guilty because I know how painful it is to wait and watch others pass you by.

I've concluded it's the office. I think you are in NYC. We're working with the NOLA office. While New Orleans isn't a backwater, podunk town, it's not a hot spot for immigrants, so they probably have a lighter caseload. We went back in March before we filed to verify that we could, that we wouldn't be facing charges of visa fraud, and at that time the officer told us that they were processing AOS applications in 45 days. And when I count from biometrics to interview, it is 47 days. Who knows.

Don't worry about stokes. They processing times are much faster. So you are very lucky that soon it's all will be over. I'm from Atlanta and I don't know how, but it's a huge community of immigrants. I'm happy that at least my EAD is on its way. So I am not so stressed about interview letter. Congrats to you again and get ready for the interview! :luv: :luv:

Can you further clarify what you meant by you didnt send money with the packet? Did you not submit the required $1010?

yes i did send the 1010 but not the $70 i heard about. I already got my bio done.

5/8/12- I-751 Mailed

1/29/13- Approved

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline

yes i did send the 1010 but not the $70 i heard about. I already got my bio done.

The $1010 includes the biometrics fee. The other fee is $355 for the I-130. But they won't even accept your application if you haven't paid the correct amount.

AOS Timeline

4/14/10 - Packet received at Chicago Lockbox at 9:22 AM (Day 1)

4/24/10 - Received hardcopy NOAs (Day 10)

5/14/10 - Biometrics taken. (Day 31)

5/29/10 - Interview letter received 6/30 at 10:30 (Day 46)

6/30/10 - Interview: 10:30 (Day 77) APPROVED!!!

6/30/10 - EAD received in the mail

7/19/10 - GC in hand! (Day 96) .

The $1010 includes the biometrics fee. The other fee is $355 for the I-130. But they won't even accept your application if you haven't paid the correct amount.

I UNDERSTAND you have to pay 1365 to uscis to get the case started. I have done that already. no problems there! But somehow there is a 70 dollars fee that state dept impose to review each i864. My question is at what stage of the process we get billed for that? Anybody had to pay that???

5/8/12- I-751 Mailed

1/29/13- Approved

GabiandVi,

Before you got your interview letter, meaning between 5/17 and 5/29 (as you posted), did you get touched or received any emails or text. My forms were touched after i did the Bio and I am wondering what happens after.

5/8/12- I-751 Mailed

1/29/13- Approved

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Alla, I am the other way around , I have my interview letter , but not my EAD. My EAD was last touched on 4/29 and I haven't heard anything since then.

I really need to start working, so I am so anxious to get it. Did you find out that your EAD was on the way through the case status on uscis websites or somewhere else?

Don't worry about stokes. They processing times are much faster. So you are very lucky that soon it's all will be over. I'm from Atlanta and I don't know how, but it's a huge community of immigrants. I'm happy that at least my EAD is on its way. So I am not so stressed about interview letter. Congrats to you again and get ready for the interview! luv.gifluv.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I-130, I-485, I-765 sent

Timeline:

04/02/2010 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

04/06/2010 - Packet Delivered

04/13/2010 - Acceptance confirmation received by e-mail for all 3 forms

04/14/2010 - Checks cashed

04/17/2010 - NOA1 received 04/21/2010 - Biometrics letter arrived04/22/2010 - Walk-in Biometrics done 05/13/2010 - Received letter for interview 06/14/2010 - Interview

Alla, I am the other way around , I have my interview letter , but not my EAD. My EAD was last touched on 4/29 and I haven't heard anything since then.

I really need to start working, so I am so anxious to get it. Did you find out that your EAD was on the way through the case status on uscis websites or somewhere else?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.