Alla

APRIL 2010 FILERS

2,490 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Cool we both live in NYC and filled the same day! YEA but i guess that means very little becuase look same cities and such a discrepency. Are you also adjusting from a tourist visa?

When you do get a Biometric try to do a walkin. I would recommend dwnt manhattan, i was not schduled there, tried queens 1st and they rejected me, but manhtattan on wednesday at 10-11 said they didnt liked to do that but they let me in, so its based on luck.

Just to let you know, statistically Avg. Days btw Biometrics and Interview for NYC is 85 days.

Avr total days from start to interview is 117. So we need patience!! :bonk:

Well being that I'm Canadian, we really do not have visas... I just crossed the border. I wonder if that the hold up? I put down visitor as my status.

AOS from Canadian Visitor....

02/22/2010 - Got Married.

04/24/2010 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131 to Chicago Lockbox

04/26/2010 - Package received in Chicago @ 10.16 AM by K Walker (Day 01)

04/30/2010 - Both cheques cashed / Entered in USCIS system (Day 05)

05/04/2010 - Received all 4 NOA's dated April 30, 2010 (Day 09)

05/24/2010 - Biometric letter received (FINALLY!!!)(Day 29)

06/02/2010 - Biometrics walk in DONE!!! (Day 38)

06/17/2010 - "Original" Biometrics appointment (Day 53)

06/21/2010 - Interview letter (dated June 17, 2010) (Day 57)

07/07/2010 - Approval AP (I-131) (Day 73)

07/09/2010 - 1st EAD (I-765) Card Production Order (Day 75)

07/14/2010 - 2nd EAD (I-765) Card Production Order (Day 80)

07/15/2010 - Received AP (where's my EAD??) (Day 81)

07/26/2010 - Received EAD (Day 92)

07/27/2010 - GC Interview @ 2.30pm APPROVED!!! (Day 93) (3 mths and 3 days)

07/27/2010 - Passport stamp received (I-551)

07/31/2010 - welcome letter and I-130 aproval (Day 97)

08/05/2010 - Received SSN card

08/07/2010 - RECEIVED GREEN CARD! (Day 104)

ROC

04/28/2012 - Removal of Condition window opens

07/02/2012 - Sent out ROC package

07/05/2012 - Package received @ VSC

07/06/2012 - NOA1 received

07/10/2012 - Chq cashed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

I finally got to see a lawyer today! A very friendly lawyer!

Turns out my wife's student loans are subtracted from the poverty line, so we need to either be making 48k or have a cosponsor. She also said they would have rejected us if we just sent the same stuff back and didn't meet the RFE requirements.

I'm really glad I consulted a lawyer before sending it out assuming I was right and they were wrong (which I totally did!). The lawyer gave us a discount too, which was very nice of her.

Ugh, but now need to figure out a way to meet the requirements.

8RWIm4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

my package was received 5 days before you two and mine isnt coming yet

i think its a lil worst lol

The difference is that u got an RFE and I didnt but still had a major delay in gettin the letter... So dont feel too bad

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

AOS from F-1 visa (2 months 2 1/2 weeks or 82 days)

04/14/10 - Sent AOS Package

04/26/10 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/16/10 - Biometrics letter

05/19/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/07/10 - Interview Appointment in Philly- July 7 @ 11:05 am APPROVED

07/19/10 - 2 YEAR Green Card received

Removal of Conditions (9 months 1 1/2 weeks or 285 days)

04/08/12 - Eligibility date

04/19/12 - Sent ROC Package

04/26/12 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/17/10 - Biometrics letter

05/24/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

01/25/13 - APPROVED- ROC card production ordered

02/05/13 - 10 YEAR Green Card received

Naturalization (5 months 2 days or 155 days)

04/15/13 - Eligibility date

06/07/13 - Sent Package

06/20/13 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

06/27/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/05/13 - Interview letter sent/In-line notification

08/14/13 - Interview scheduled in Philly @ 1:30 pm APPROVED

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony

Turns out my wife's student loans are subtracted from the poverty line, so we need to either be making 48k or have a cosponsor. She also said they would have rejected us if we just sent the same stuff back and didn't meet the RFE requirements.

I'm really glad I consulted a lawyer before sending it out assuming I was right and they were wrong (which I totally did!). The lawyer gave us a discount too, which was very nice of her.

Thank, god. You found the way to fix this up. If you can, get someone who can be a sponsor, that is the easiest way. I'm sure you know this.

All the best,

Tibet.gifSouth_Korea.gif

AOS timeline

04/02/2010: AOS sent (I-130, I-485, I-765)

04/05/2010: delivered (day3)

04/12/2010: checks cashed (day10)

04/15/1020: 3 NOAs received (day13)

04/17/2010: biometrics notice(for I-485 & I-765) received (day15)

04/19/2010: walk-in biometrics done, I-485 & I-765 updated (day17)

04/20/2010: I-485 & I-765 updated (day 18)

04/27/2010: I-130 & I-765 updated (day 25)

05/11/2010: actual biometrics appointment day (day39)

05/12/2010: interview letter received, notice date on 05/07/10 (day40)

06/16/2010: interview day - APPROVED!!! (day75)

06/16/2010: I-765 updated, EAD & green card production ordered (day75)

06/17/2010: I-130, I-485, I-765 updated (day76)

06/21/2010: welcome letter & i-130 approval notice (day 80)

06/28/2010: EAD card received (day 87)

06/29/2010: applied SSN (day 88)

Wait they subtract the student loan from the income? Lol then my wife makes negative. I only had my wife as the sponsor as she makes more than enough without taking student loans into account. Well we will see what happens.

AOS Timeline from F1

Sent AOS on April 17

Received and signed on April 19

Got 3 NOAs April 26

Biometrics Appointment Letter received May 1 - dated May 26

Walk-in biometrics rejected May 12

Biometrics Appointment May 26

Interview letter received June 11 - for July 19 APPROVED

EAD Received July 9

GC RECEIVED August 2

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

!!!Someone Please Help!!!

I got the RFE today finally. it says:

Why are they not considering my wife's income and work? Why are they not factoring it? I asked the broken record b#### (BRB from now on), but she just spouted the same thing on the form, and that anyone who would know has no contact information (#######?!).

The assets we included were just icing on the cake, but her work alone meets the requirements without any assets.

Someone mentioned they were expecting an RFE anyway because of no tax forms. Is this what it says on your RFE? Any chance you can ask your lawyer on my behalf? I'm desperate and in shock

I am thoroughly confused by this. I am assuming your wife is the immigrant and you are the USC.

NOWHERE on the I-864 does it mention student loans. NOWHERE is this taken into account. My husband as well would have been in the negative if we took that into consideration but you don't. It goes DIRECTLY from your tax return and unless your student loans affect your income ON the tax return (thus stating you (or your wife) earn negative funds) then your lawyer has no idea.

So, the only things I can think of for your RFE are:

1. Your wife is working illegally (in which case her income doesn't count)

2. You forgot to include the last 3 years tax returns (or transcripts) for your wife

3. You forgot to include your own tax returns (transcripts)

4. On page 15, you forgot to list your wife in 24b and forgot to tick box 24e and enter your wife's name there

5. You forgot to add your income (24a) to your wife's income (24b) in box 24c.

6. You completed box 27 because you completed an I-864A for your wife when you shouldn't have

Hope that gives you some ideas. I honestly think you should seek a second opinion from another lawyer because I've never heard of student loans mattering and they certainly didn't/don't in my case.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Senegal
Timeline

The difference is that u got an RFE and I didnt but still had a major delay in gettin the letter... So dont feel too bad

ur ight

im glad u got everything done though ... just wait for the big one!

APRIL 19/10 - aos package sent

april 21/10- package received day 1

april 26/10- NOA S sent 5dys

april30/10- NOA S hardcopies received 9 dys

may 10th/10- got RFE ahhhhhhhhhh 19 dys

may 12th/10- sent evidence 21 days

may 17th/10-received 26 dys

may19th/10- I-485 touched 28 dys

may 24/10- got biometrics letter for june/17th 33 days

may 25/10- biometrics WALK IN done 34days

may26/10- i-131 touched 35 dys

june 7/10- 2nd RFE AHHHHHHHHHHHH 46dys

june 10-RFE response sent bck 49 dys

june 15- RFE RECEIVED 54 dys

june 16- EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED 55 dys

june 17/10- actual biometrics 56 dys

june 17- i131/ i130 touched

june 18-i485 touched 57 dys

june 22nd-AP RECEIVED N APPROVED!!!/765 touched 61 dys

june 24- 765 touched...again..?? 63 dys

june 25- INTERVIEW LETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTER! 64 dys

july 29th- INTERVIEW DAY at 14h30 san antonio tx DAY 99 AKA 3mnths 8 days approooooooovedddddddddddddd

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

I am thoroughly confused by this. I am assuming your wife is the immigrant and you are the USC.

NOWHERE on the I-864 does it mention student loans. NOWHERE is this taken into account. My husband as well would have been in the negative if we took that into consideration but you don't. It goes DIRECTLY from your tax return and unless your student loans affect your income ON the tax return (thus stating you (or your wife) earn negative funds) then your lawyer has no idea.

So, the only things I can think of for your RFE are:

1. Your wife is working illegally (in which case her income doesn't count)

2. You forgot to include the last 3 years tax returns (or transcripts) for your wife

3. You forgot to include your own tax returns (transcripts)

4. On page 15, you forgot to list your wife in 24b and forgot to tick box 24e and enter your wife's name there

5. You forgot to add your income (24a) to your wife's income (24b) in box 24c.

6. You completed box 27 because you completed an I-864A for your wife when you shouldn't have

Hope that gives you some ideas. I honestly think you should seek a second opinion from another lawyer because I've never heard of student loans mattering and they certainly didn't/don't in my case.

lol, okay, breathe and calm down. I made an error when typing everything out in my anxiety and stress. I'm sorry for the confusion, but that in no way means you can be so condescending.

The lawyer said it is taken into account, but only when you need assets to complete the poverty requirement. If you make more than the poverty line (which, for two people living together, is 18k-ish), then debt is a nonissue. However, if you need assets to meet the 125%, debt is taken into account..

I'm sick of people saying my wife (who, really, is more intelligent than you ever will be) is working illegally. She works at one of the most prestigious medical schools in the country, and graduated from Harvard. So shut the hell up. She is working legally, part-time, for 20 hours, making 15k. Please do not insult my wife even if that was not your intent. Neither her nor I are stupid enough to be surprised at illegal work not being acceptable. I truly am offended that you would assume I'd fail to realize something so obvious. People file the I-765 just for the hell of it, LOL.

The rest of your list are merely direct insults to my intelligence and I take great offense. While not as accomplished as my wife, I'm still not an idiot. So, seriously, back the hell off. None of those apply.

I'm sorry I typed such a huge error during my little fit of distress, and hope anyone whose income exceeds the poverty guideline alone understands debt is not an issue.

Edited by Sponge
8RWIm4.png

If you use assets, they can take into account any "liens or liabilities" held against those assets. This is not mentioned on the I-864, but it is in the field adjudicator's manual.

So if the student loans were taken out with those assets as collateral, then you cannot use the full value of the assets to meet the poverty guidelines.

04/02/2010: AOS I-130, I-485 and I-765 mailed by UPS 2nd Day Air

04/06/2010: Delivered, Signed by Chiba (Day 1)

04/13/2010: Checks cashed, NOAs received via email and text (Day 7)

04/19/2010: Hard NOAs for I-130, I-485 and I-765 received (Day 13)

04/23/2010: Biometrics Appointment received (Day 17)

05/04/2010: RFE for I-864 received (Day 28)

05/06/2010: RFE for I-864 mailed back (Day 30)

05/12/2010: Case processing resumed (Day 36)

05/14/2010: Biometrics Appointment, I-485 and I-765 touched (Day 38)

05/17/2010: I-485 and I-765 touched (Day 41)

06/08/2010: EAD card production ordered (Day 63)

06/19/2010: EAD card received (Day 74)

07/02/2010: Interview letter received (Day 87)

08/04/2010: Interview (Day 120)==> Approved!!. Card Production Ordered text received

08/21/2010: Greencard received (Day 137)

Eligible for ROC: 05/04/2012

Eligible for Naturalization: 08/04/2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

lol, okay, breathe and calm down. I made an error when typing everything out in my anxiety and stress. I'm sorry for the confusion, but that in no way means you can be so condescending.

The lawyer said it is taken into account, but only when you need assets to complete the poverty requirement. If you make more than the poverty line (which, for two people living together, is 18k-ish), then debt is a nonissue. However, if you need assets to meet the 125%, debt is taken into account..

I'm sick of people saying my wife (who, really, is more intelligent than you ever will be) is working illegally. She works at one of the most prestigious medical schools in the country, and graduated from Harvard. So shut the hell up. She is working legally, part-time, for 20 hours, making 15k. Please do not insult my wife even if that was not your intent. Neither her nor I are stupid enough to be surprised at illegal work not being acceptable. I truly am offended that you would assume I'd fail to realize something so obvious. People file the I-765 just for the hell of it, LOL.

The rest of your list are merely direct insults to my intelligence and I take great offense. While not as accomplished as my wife, I'm still not an idiot. So, seriously, back the hell off. None of those apply.

I'm sorry I typed such a huge error during my little fit of distress, and hope anyone whose income exceeds the poverty guideline alone understands debt is not an issue.

You posted in an OPEN forum asking for help. You said you spoke to a lawyer who said that the student loans count, which is COMPLETELY false (except in cases where assets are being used, which you now know and have corrected). You very honestly should have reported your post and asked a moderator to amend it as your post could have (and as you saw DID have) a very devastating effect to other people's opinions about their own cases and issues with student loans. It is obviously too late now however. As what you posted you lawyer stated was so incredibly wrong, in an effort to HELP you I posted the ONLY things I could think of that it could be.

I did not assume nor imply that any of my "ideas" were things you had done or not done, I simply offered solutions for previous errors by other posters. I did not imply that you or your wife are idiots, and in fact you have managed to insult a great number of people because those "idiotic" things you mention are done EVERY day by many people by MISTAKE, not because they're idiots but because in their haste and excitement things get misplaced, or ticked wrong, or written wrong.

As for your assertion that my post was/is condescending, you could not be further from the truth, in fact there was no emotion in my post what-so-ever except being stunned that your lawyer had you PAY for such horrible advice. I actually considered omitting the illegal work section because I doubted it was the case, but a person asked about it just today so I offered it as a solution. As I have not read your paperwork, and as I do not know the ins and outs of your case, and as this is a PUBLIC and OPEN forum I cannot risk NOT mentioning the possibilities for future readers in case any of those DO apply to them.

I am appalled at your behaviour as you should be as well.

**Edit - Also, out of interest, if this is the case:

and given your previous post here:

The assets we included were just icing on the cake, but her work alone meets the requirements without any assets.

then why does this even apply to you? Why do you need a co-sponsor if your wife's income was enough? Or has this now been explained to you that her income ISN'T enough and that those assets weren't actually "icing" at all? Or are you saying that had you not mentioned the assets that you would have been fine just using her income?

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

** Reminder **

• This topic (APRIL 2010 FILERS) is intended for general progress/status and/or celebrations etc.
  • Posting case-specific questions may limit responses to participants of the topic vs to those who frequent the rest of the forum (you'll often get more responses by creating a new topic)
  • Also, please be civil toward each other. This can often be a stressful process.

Thank you,

VJ Moderation Team

Timeline

oh wow i doubt its this serious...

july 29th- INTERVIEW DAY at 14h30 san antonio tx DAY 99 AKA 3mnths 8 days approooooooovedddddddddddddd

Timeline

oh wow i doubt its this serious...

to be honest he has been sort of rude from the beginning, if you read his first post he asked a question, got a response but the manner in which he told the helper that wasnt what he meant

i believe that all of us have past supdity levels after even being able to feaking fill this damn applications up

all of us went to school and spoke over 2 languages i believe

there isnothing wrong with working illegally, not eveyone has that chance in life to everything offered to them, sO A PERSON IS IN NO WAY STUPID STUPID BECAUSE THEY ARE WORKING ILLEGALLY, THEY NEED MONEY TO MAKE IT

pls MOST PEOPLE GOT ANGER ISSUES and none needs to be as rude as you right now

this is a happy place/ to vent and be less stressed

Yup it's really stressful. Thanks to this site. I can vent out my stress... WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :crying: I received an RFE. And its stressful since I dont know what it is. Maybe its the medical thing that I didnt submit :unsure:

ROC

04/27/2012 Sent ROC package to CSC

04/30/2012 Delivery Confirmed USPS

05/12/2012 NOA1 Received. Receipt Date 04/30/2012

07/05/2012 Biometrics Received

11/21/2012 ROC Approved (Thank you Lord!)

12/01/2012 Green Card Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yup it's really stressful. Thanks to this site. I can vent out my stress... WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :crying: I received an RFE. And its stressful since I dont know what it is. Maybe its the medical thing that I didnt submit :unsure:

Oh boy- sorry to hear about your RFE... But why didnt u submit the I-693? It is a reguirement for the AOS process. I say that you make an appt with a civil surgeon just in case, then in a day or two you should get the letter describing the issue in detail. If it is in regards to the medical, then you can just attend the appt you've made so as not to waste anytime. If however it is in relations to something else, then you are able to simply cancel your appt (if needed) and address the other issue(s)...

ur ight

im glad u got everything done though ... just wait for the big one!

Oh yes, am I excited for the interview letter...

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

AOS from F-1 visa (2 months 2 1/2 weeks or 82 days)

04/14/10 - Sent AOS Package

04/26/10 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/16/10 - Biometrics letter

05/19/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/07/10 - Interview Appointment in Philly- July 7 @ 11:05 am APPROVED

07/19/10 - 2 YEAR Green Card received

Removal of Conditions (9 months 1 1/2 weeks or 285 days)

04/08/12 - Eligibility date

04/19/12 - Sent ROC Package

04/26/12 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/17/10 - Biometrics letter

05/24/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

01/25/13 - APPROVED- ROC card production ordered

02/05/13 - 10 YEAR Green Card received

Naturalization (5 months 2 days or 155 days)

04/15/13 - Eligibility date

06/07/13 - Sent Package

06/20/13 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

06/27/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/05/13 - Interview letter sent/In-line notification

08/14/13 - Interview scheduled in Philly @ 1:30 pm APPROVED

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.