one...two...tree

Disgusting Cartoon Depicts Barack Obama as Rapist of Freedom and the Statue of Liberty

66 posts in this topic

My thoughts of similar cartoons would be...similar. Free speech. Deal with it or get the heck out of the country to some place where only the speech YOU like is allowed. What a whiney bunch of fuggin' cry-babies. I can;t believe that grown adults would even discuss such drivel...oh yeah. Free speech.

Free speech isn't the issue. No one is suggesting this shouldn't be allowed.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Free speech isn't the issue. No one is suggesting this shouldn't be allowed.

Scandal, who I answered directly, said it "crossed a line" so YES someone is saying it should not be allowed. If no one was saying that it wouldn't be getting discussed.

Fortunately, there are no "lines" in Free Speech and even more fortunately, Scandal doesn't decide what can and cannot be said.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

This one. Show me a limit on free speech.

Who said anything about free speech except you, Gary? Expression of indignation over the political cartoon is also free speech and is not censorship. Freedom to say what you want doesn't mean what you say is ever above reproach.

Scandal, who I answered directly, said it "crossed a line" so YES someone is saying it should not be allowed. If no one was saying that it wouldn't be getting discussed.

Fortunately, there are no "lines" in Free Speech and even more fortunately, Scandal doesn't decide what can and cannot be said.

It's not a huge intellectual challenge to grasp the difference between finding something inappropriate or outrageous (or indeed to be crossing a line of propriety), and saying it shouldn't be allowed at all. I suspect Scandal doesn't think it should be banned or that the cartoonist should be arrested. Scandal?

Edited by Empress of Groovy

K-1

AOS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

My thoughts of similar cartoons would be...similar. Free speech. Deal with it or get the heck out of the country to some place where only the speech YOU like is allowed. What a whiney bunch of fuggin' cry-babies. I can;t believe that grown adults would even discuss such drivel...oh yeah. Free speech.

I Don't care.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Do I actually need to quote myself here?

The author has his First Amendment rights to create his message as he sees fit. I have my right to interpret it - I interpret it as part of the sickening slide into a pit where nothing is sacred, nothing is treasured, nothing holds any value any longer.

I never once disputed the right of the creator of the cartoon to his right of self expression.

He has that first amendment right, and I stated so, above.

I also have a right to MY free speech, to voice my opinion of what I think of his 'art'.

Only ONE person here is showing intolerance:

Deal with it or get the heck out of the country

Right. Like I'm really going to listen to a bigot xenophobic misogynist regarding my "rights" to live in this country, or leave it. That will be the day.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It's not a huge intellectual challenge to grasp the difference between finding something inappropriate or outrageous (or indeed to be crossing a line of propriety), and saying it shouldn't be allowed at all. I suspect Scandal doesn't think it should be banned or that the cartoonist should be arrested. Scandal?

The best part is...it doesn't matter what Scandal thinks.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Do I actually need to quote myself here?

I never once disputed the right of the creator of the cartoon to his right of self expression.

He has that first amendment right, and I stated so, above.

I also have a right to MY free speech, to voice my opinion of what I think of his 'art'.

Only ONE person here is showing intolerance:

Right. Like I'm really going to listen to a bigot xenophobic misogynist regarding my "rights" to live in this country, or leave it. That will be the day.

:thumbs:

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Are you backtracking, or just pretending not to get it?

K-1

AOS

So say's the one who has made himself irrelevant...

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

And of course, there was this #######-for-tat:

President Bush is being accused of rape.

You're comparing a woman accusing GW Bush of raping her to someone depicting Obama as a rapist in a cartoon? What is wrong with you, Bill?

Filed: Timeline

You're comparing a woman accusing GW Bush of raping her to someone depicting Obama as a rapist in a cartoon? What is wrong with you, Bill?

I guess you don't get the difference between a metaphor, and someone actually falsely accusing somebody of rape. What is wrong with you, my friend?