one...two...tree

Disgusting Cartoon Depicts Barack Obama as Rapist of Freedom and the Statue of Liberty

66 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Greetings family. I see that things haven't changed too much since I had the time to hangout here.

1. The cartoon may be considered ignorant and in poor taste for many reasons, but in my opinion it is NOT racist.

Likening racism to ignorance is insulting to those who are ignorant...studies show that education can overcome ignorance.

2. Just because the Tea Party and KKK membership's demographics are nearly identical, does not make the Tea Party racist...just a a coincidence.

3. Racism is false pride. A person should only be proud of something they knowingly accomplished, not something that is the result of an accidental consequence of birth.

Being a good neighbor, friend, parent, or citizen are things to be proud of...not being a certain race, ancestry, height, weight, eye color or hand dominance.

4. People who use this false pride as a crutch, or who are crippled by it, sadly lack the ability or the desire to accomplish anything they can singularly be proud of...

but they often make up for it by involving themselves in group activities with like-minded individuals.

5. Many who hate and fear President Obama, and not all those that disapprove are racists, lack any tangible reasons other than the imaginary dotted lines they draw between fact and their fears.

Sadly, the imaginary lines are like dreams and lies....if you repeat them enough times, some people start believing they're real.

6. I'm ashamed so called "real Americans" treat the constitution as if it were a buffet dinner. They grab a large portion of freedom of speech, and an equal portion of the right to bare arms, but treat the outcome of an election as if swallowing it would kill them because it didn't come from their own kitchen.

7. Returning to the topic of the cartoon, the worst thing about it, in my opinion, is that it trivializes the act of rape to a point that it can be used in a political joke.

Ask any victim of rape, and I assure you they can attest that it is not a laughing matter.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me...and I know there are some that will, but can't get their hands our mouths to say so...and I'm OK with that.

To me, America is a country that attracts, nourishes, and is enhanced by diversity in constructive thought, as well as diversity in her people.

Now this is sensible stuff. good.gifgood.gif Kudos for laying it out there.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yep. Instead of using a metaphor, folks actually accused both Clinton and GWB of raping a livng person, not having forced sex with statue or destroying an idea.

does the cartoon count as statutory rape then? :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

does the cartoon count as statutory rape then? :unsure:

Welcome back Charles. Glad to see you here, in fine form. Obviously playing catch-up!

Tip: Not every old thread needs to be revived 'k? ;) Just pick some of the beauts so we can all reminisce.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Now this is sensible stuff.

Nothing about healthcare, highest unemployment in nearly 30 years, tight credit, a weak housing sector. . . it's only about race?

Wait isn't that how Obama got elected in the first place? No issues except the Iraq War, no background, little experience but he was a clean and articulate black guy without a noticable negro dialect- ask the Democratic leadership about that characterization.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Welcome back Charles. Glad to see you here, in fine form. Obviously playing catch-up!

Tip: Not every old thread needs to be revived 'k? ;) Just pick some of the beauts so we can all reminisce.

almost caught up - one more page to go. and i apparently missed your appointment as the thread police in my absence. :hehe:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Greetings family. I see that things haven't changed too much since I had the time to hangout here.

1. The cartoon may be considered ignorant and in poor taste for many reasons, but in my opinion it is NOT racist.

Likening racism to ignorance is insulting to those who are ignorant...studies show that education can overcome ignorance.

2. Just because the Tea Party and KKK membership's demographics are nearly identical, does not make the Tea Party racist...just a a coincidence.

3. Racism is false pride. A person should only be proud of something they knowingly accomplished, not something that is the result of an accidental consequence of birth.

Being a good neighbor, friend, parent, or citizen are things to be proud of...not being a certain race, ancestry, height, weight, eye color or hand dominance.

4. People who use this false pride as a crutch, or who are crippled by it, sadly lack the ability or the desire to accomplish anything they can singularly be proud of...

but they often make up for it by involving themselves in group activities with like-minded individuals.

5. Many who hate and fear President Obama, and not all those that disapprove are racists, lack any tangible reasons other than the imaginary dotted lines they draw between fact and their fears.

Sadly, the imaginary lines are like dreams and lies....if you repeat them enough times, some people start believing they're real.

6. I'm ashamed so called "real Americans" treat the constitution as if it were a buffet dinner. They grab a large portion of freedom of speech, and an equal portion of the right to bare arms, but treat the outcome of an election as if swallowing it would kill them because it didn't come from their own kitchen.

7. Returning to the topic of the cartoon, the worst thing about it, in my opinion, is that it trivializes the act of rape to a point that it can be used in a political joke.

Ask any victim of rape, and I assure you they can attest that it is not a laughing matter.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me...and I know there are some that will, but can't get their hands our mouths to say so...and I'm OK with that.

To me, America is a country that attracts, nourishes, and is enhanced by diversity in constructive thought, as well as diversity in her people.

I'd agree with that - it's rather poor taste to use rape as the punchline of a joke.

As to the joke itself - it's just another example of bad satire. Satire is not an easy thing to pull off, and it always falls flat when the satirist doesn't understand the thing that they are satirising.