20 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

There are some VJers who are very much concerned with the welfare of the American nation. That is commendable. However, there are also people (like me) who can't care much about the government, politics and its spokes.

This may not be a very simple request or suggestion but maybe we can divide the OT into half the way there are areas for Regional Discussion. One part of the OT is for anything political such as undying issues about health care, the hot Pelosi, the controversial Senate, Beck's idiocy and more. On the other hand, fun stuff will consist the lighter separate portion of OT like various games, C4C, and most Spooky threads.

Support from other members and the Ewok's implementation will be appreciated.

You have my unwavering support in this undertaking. :thumbs: No matter which end of the political spectrum you prefer, there is a need for those of us who eschew political discussion to have a space devoid of divisiveness and rancor. I choose not to think about the machinations of the political process and I am certain that there are others like me who do not wish to be drawn into such matters.

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Nice post, 5.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I like this idea too. Kind of like having a 'Hard Core Issues" OT forum and a "Social Club" OT forum.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Nice post, 5.

Thank you, Nagi. :thumbs:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

It'll never work. Nor should it.

"off topic" says it all. Anything and everything under the sun can be dealt with off-topic.

Besides, if there's a thread you don't like -- don't click on it.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

"off topic" says it all. Anything and everything under the sun can be dealt with off-topic.

I think it could work if both divisions of OT were on the same page with some kind of divider. If they were on different pages, it would just shrink the number of people who actually peruse the different thread titles.

Thanks to those who agree. :P I'm sure you have thought of this but you just forgot to start a thread. Here we are now.

Thank you for sharing, brother. :D This idea is still possible.

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Which sums it up nicely. I don't like politics, so let's shove it away in a sub-forum. I don't like talk about dwarf sex, so let's shove that away in a sub-forum. Anyone with mummy-looking fetuses in their signature? Off to the OT/people-with-mummy-fetuses-in-their-signature you go. (although come to think of it, I could probably get behind that...but I digress.)

Off-topic pretty much covers stuff that is not on topic. As Scandal says, don't like it, don't click on it.

I'd actually be all for getting rid of OT. But since we have to live with it at least until I'm able to break into GoDaddy and steal visajourney.com out from underneath Ewok, there's really no reason to put any more thought in it than "stuff that is not about VJ stuff goes here."

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

HOLY Cr*p! Scandal and I agree on this one. :wacko: The nausea will pass....soon I hope. Put your thinking cap on and do not click on the threads you don't want to read. What is the problem? I mean, c'mon, y'all can handle just a little bit of adult responsibility, don't you think? Just a little? Try to act like you are, oh...age 9 or so. You have to make just a few decisions without Mommy. Should you read "Nancy Drew" or "Atlas Shrugged"? Or do we need a whole new army of organizers, mods and deputy mods to oversee where we post and subdivide inane comments into yet another forum.

One suspects only a liberal could suggest such a thing!

Libertarian...PRO Choice! On Everything!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I was against this when it was first suggested way back when but since the political threads have become so predictable and repetitive than it was even back then I think my mind might be changed.

John Kerry is posting on VJ! He was for it before he was against it..or...whatever

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla