Amira31

My K3 Visa Has been denied

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I am spouse of USA citizen, I went to USA consulate in Indonesia a few days ago for interview..me and my husband was very exciting and confident that my visa will be grant soon and we will be together very soon...

But I was very sad, frustrating and disappointed the officer said my visa is not approved only a few minutes after interview...The reason according to him is : my husband income is not enough to support my life in America...I was shock with this information, HE already submit the affidavit support to NVC and has approved the application,. But consulate said he does not have enough income...I am confuse and do not understand why they have different view..???

My husband is retire from his job and own 5 nice house in CA. He collect money from the rent...I think he does not need to work hard anymore, we have enough from the property...but consulate still refuse my visa...

They need us to submit Co-sponsor from other USA citizen....PLease anyone help me with the information....Can I get my visa at the end and be with my husband soon??? and how long it will take after we submit all document that they asked for???

Thank you very much for your help and information....

I can not imagine if I can't be together with my husband...:((((((((

I am spouse of USA citizen, I went to USA consulate in Indonesia a few days ago for interview..me and my husband was very exciting and confident that my visa will be grant soon and we will be together very soon...

But I was very sad, frustrating and disappointed the officer said my visa is not approved only a few minutes after interview...The reason according to him is : my husband income is not enough to support my life in America...I was shock with this information, HE already submit the affidavit support to NVC and has approved the application,. But consulate said he does not have enough income...I am confuse and do not understand why they have different view..???

My husband is retire from his job and own 5 nice house in CA. He collect money from the rent...I think he does not need to work hard anymore, we have enough from the property...but consulate still refuse my visa...

They need us to submit Co-sponsor from other USA citizen....PLease anyone help me with the information....Can I get my visa at the end and be with my husband soon??? and how long it will take after we submit all document that they asked for???

I can not imagine if I can't be together with my husband...:((((((((

Unless he can prove his income is 100% above the poverty level (some consulates want 125%) - he will either need to get a co-sponsor or come live with you.

(Perhaps, since he is "self-employed", he didn't show the correct information needed for the document)

The co-sponsor can be an USC or LPR (living in the US, and over 18) - so once you provide that, you will get your visa.

I would imagine they will not wait very long for the information - did they give you that option to correct the information? Most petitions have a time limit.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline

Thanks for your reply...

My husband told me he will ask his brother to be a co-sponsor...and will send them in about two weeks will arrived in my hand...

The officer does not tell me about time limit,.but i just worried too much now....i also read once your visa been denied..they will send back our case and file to USCIS to be reviewed...

What should we do??? should my husband contact his lawyer or congress??

Oh we really get frustrating and disappointed,.we never meet for almost 1 year now....I miss my husband very much and love him.......

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I can not imagine if I can't be together with my husband... :( (((((((

all he needs to do is to submit a I-864 from someone who meets the income requirement(125% of the federal poverty level) :thumbs:

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Thanks for your reply...

My husband told me he will ask his brother to be a co-sponsor...and will send them in about two weeks will arrived in my hand...

The officer does not tell me about time limit,.but i just worried too much now....i also read once your visa been denied..they will send back our case and file to USCIS to be reviewed...

What should we do??? should my husband contact his lawyer or congress??

Oh we really get frustrating and disappointed,.we never meet for almost 1 year now....I miss my husband very much and love him.......

Did he contact the embassy?

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

If they told you to submit paperwork showing a joint sponsor, then you were not flat out denied. Get that paperwork to them and you should have visa in hand after that.

And for what it's worth, the NVC just takes the affidavit of support information from you - they are not the body who would issue a visa based on its merit. That's what the consular interview is for.

SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline

Thank you very much 'MsSheka'

all he needs to do is to submit a I-864 from someone who meets the income requirement(125% of the federal poverty level) ...

Basicly my husband did very well with his financial, he just retire last year and been working in his life as General Manager in Big USA company arround the world..beside he has some property to be rent to people...this is more than 125% of the poverty standard...so We still do not understand why they need other co-sponsor...Well...i am thinking probably they do not want us to be together, because we are muslim and Indonesian....I am sorry to be negative...:((

Do you know how long it will take after we submit all document that they need..? my husband also planning to submit his property certificate together with co-sponsor paper...

Timeline

We do not know that we are allowed to contact the embassy.....because they only give me a paper with some information that we must submit...

I worried they will send back our paper to NVC and waitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttting again for along time.......is that possible to contact embassy directly??

Thank you very much for your attention....its meant a lot for me

Thank you very much 'MsSheka'

all he needs to do is to submit a I-864 from someone who meets the income requirement(125% of the federal poverty level) ...

Basicly my husband did very well with his financial, he just retire last year and been working in his life as General Manager in Big USA company arround the world..beside he has some property to be rent to people...this is more than 125% of the poverty standard...so We still do not understand why they need other co-sponsor...Well...i am thinking probably they do not want us to be together, because we are muslim and Indonesian....I am sorry to be negative...:((

Do you know how long it will take after we submit all document that they need..? my husband also planning to submit his property certificate together with co-sponsor paper...

Property certificate? He should be providing this also:

Statement from the bank showing deposits/savings, etc. (since he is "self-employed" and retired - this would show and retirement pay/deposits from renters)

Tax transcripts (again, self employed)

Any other evidence of income level (and how it's coming in)

_____

The mere fact he owns property cannot show he makes the level of income needed for the I-134. He would need to show that money coming in (income)

Your religion or where you come from does not factor into this - it appears your husband did not fill out the paperwork correctly, and they acted accordingly.

Correct the problem and you will have the visa.

We do not know that we are allowed to contact the embassy.....because they only give me a paper with some information that we must submit...

I worried they will send back our paper to NVC and waitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttting again for along time.......is that possible to contact embassy directly??

Thank you very much for your attention....its meant a lot for me

Of course you can contact them. Most like email. The paper should have information on what they want and how to send it. (and most likely who to contact)

Timeline

Thank you very much TracyTN,

He will get a joint sponsor from his brother and will arrived in my hand in about 10days......I am happy to hear from you, I hope it is true that I will get the visa and be with my husband ASAP....after we submit the paper...

Should we inform embassy that the paper will arrived in 10 days??

Once again..thank you very much...

Timeline

Thank you Bobby+Umit...

Yes you right we need to review again what he wrote in the previous document...maybe he make some mistake and not correctly...

Your info is useful for me....wish me luck...

Property certificate? He should be providing this also:

Statement from the bank showing deposits/savings, etc. (since he is "self-employed" and retired - this would show and retirement pay/deposits from renters)

Tax transcripts (again, self employed)

Any other evidence of income level (and how it's coming in)

_____

The mere fact he owns property cannot show he makes the level of income needed for the I-134. He would need to show that money coming in (income)

Your religion or where you come from does not factor into this - it appears your husband did not fill out the paperwork correctly, and they acted accordingly.

Correct the problem and you will have the visa.

Of course you can contact them. Most like email. The paper should have information on what they want and how to send it. (and most likely who to contact)

Thank you very much TracyTN,

He will get a joint sponsor from his brother and will arrived in my hand in about 10days......I am happy to hear from you, I hope it is true that I will get the visa and be with my husband ASAP....after we submit the paper...

Should we inform embassy that the paper will arrived in 10 days??

Once again..thank you very much...

No need to tell them when it arrives - just get it to them when it does.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Did he contact the embassy?

Also, if it's an I-864 sent to NVC, it is not for a K3 visa. It would be for a CR1 visa. I suspect the husband stated a current income that was higher than what appears on line 22 of his most recent tax return. This happens to lots of self-employed people. Why is the US Citizen not here asking these questions?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Unless he can prove his income is 100% above the poverty level (some consulates want 125%) - he will either need to get a co-sponsor or come live with you.

(Perhaps, since he is "self-employed", he didn't show the correct information needed for the document)

The co-sponsor can be an USC or LPR (living in the US, and over 18) - so once you provide that, you will get your visa.

I would imagine they will not wait very long for the information - did they give you that option to correct the information? Most petitions have a time limit.

Maybe a typo but he needs to make 125% OF the poverty limit, not 100% or 125% above the poverty limit, correct?

It's a big difference. The former means making $18,200 for a family size of 2 while your method would mean an income of $29,140 to $32,780.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure a family of 2 needs 20K and not 30K.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Maybe a typo but he needs to make 125% OF the poverty limit, not 100% or 125% above the poverty limit, correct?

It's a big difference. The former means making $18,200 for a family size of 2 while your method would mean an income of $29,140 to $32,780.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure a family of 2 needs 20K and not 30K.

Yes it was a typo. $18,212 for a 2 person household is 125% OF the poverty level and that is what's required.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.