Afrilaskan Queen

Pinch me... Reaffirmed after 2 year denial wait

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I am almost afraid to put this post up, for fear there was an error and I will be called tomorrow and told, no, we did not reaffirm your visa petition. Am I dreaming? I have spent all day wondering if I am.

I received word today that after a week our submitted rebuttal in response to the noir (notice of intent to revoke), that we are reaffirmed and our case has been sent back! So in time, we will be back for another interview at Lagos, about 3 to 4 years after wedding day occured.

I called my husband right away, he also was speechless - the reaffirmation just happened so quickly after we submitted the rebuttal. I found my heart fluttering about thinking of finally living together and him meeting all the family and friends on this side he hasn't met and eating breakast and dinner together and - I'm flooded with feelings! all our friends and family are relieved for us, though cautiously optimistic considering the problems we had along the way the last few years.

As I write this post I am profoundly aware that there are those who have posted today sad news, life altering news and my heart is going out to those. For the last years passed I had no idea I had the capacity to get through to get to this point, it just happened. I thought this was going to physically age me.

I know this is not the end, but it feels like a huge relief. Now is waiting for interview date and then going from there. I am stunned... and so happy for the chance to be with my husband. I found out I love him more than I knew, I found out how deep our love is for each other. I feel so blessed by that.

~Afrilaskan Queen~

Way to go. It is a great start to a new begining. I pray the rest of ur journey is Blessed. :thumbs::thumbs:

https://youtu.be/rHQuMoJ3Xrk

Lifting Conditions

Date Filed : 2018-09-12
NOA Date : 2018-09-18

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
Hello Everyone,

I am almost afraid to put this post up, for fear there was an error and I will be called tomorrow and told, no, we did not reaffirm your visa petition. Am I dreaming? I have spent all day wondering if I am.

I received word today that after a week our submitted rebuttal in response to the noir (notice of intent to revoke), that we are reaffirmed and our case has been sent back! So in time, we will be back for another interview at Lagos, about 3 to 4 years after wedding day occured.

I called my husband right away, he also was speechless - the reaffirmation just happened so quickly after we submitted the rebuttal. I found my heart fluttering about thinking of finally living together and him meeting all the family and friends on this side he hasn't met and eating breakast and dinner together and - I'm flooded with feelings! all our friends and family are relieved for us, though cautiously optimistic considering the problems we had along the way the last few years.

As I write this post I am profoundly aware that there are those who have posted today sad news, life altering news and my heart is going out to those. For the last years passed I had no idea I had the capacity to get through to get to this point, it just happened. I thought this was going to physically age me.

I know this is not the end, but it feels like a huge relief. Now is waiting for interview date and then going from there. I am stunned... and so happy for the chance to be with my husband. I found out I love him more than I knew, I found out how deep our love is for each other. I feel so blessed by that.

I AM SO HAPPY FOR U THERE ARE NO WORDS TO BEABLE TO EXPRESS HOW HAPPY I AM FOR U

Filed: Timeline

You made me cry when you told me yesterday too. I seriously hope he gets here very very soon. Maybe now your senator can rush it through the NVC to an interview. You had patience and hope and faith. I wish you all the best. You inspire me to keep fighting

Edited by kalia3333

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

:dancing: <--This little icon doesnt do it, but its what I felt like doing when I got your message this morning. :D

Im very very happy for you hun.

I pray that the rest of the process is smooth, you guys certainly deserve that after all of this time.

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Wow I remember you having issues right after we got denied. I peeked at the posted interview dates and see stuff at the end of MAY , gotta say even the consulate operates in Nigeria time. But it looks like you should be together for a good old 4th of July.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

:reading: How exciting! :dancing:

May the rest of your journey be expedient and positive... Well, as expedient and postive as Lagos can be anyway!

NVC:

2009-09-11 - NVC received.

2009-12-17 - Case complete e-mail message, sign in failed on website and AVR... YAY!

2009-12-17 - Waiting for an appointment assignment...

2009-12-29 - Interview assigned: February 11, 2010!

2010-01-06 - Case forwarded to consulate.

Consulate:

2010-01-12 - Medical exam part 1 of 2 complete.

2010-01-26 - Medical exam part 2 of 2 complete. Ouchie!

2010-02-11 - Interview results: Administrative Processing 221(g) :-(

2010-04-27 - 2nd interview results: Approved :-)

2010-05-04 - Visa in hand!

2010-05-08 - POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Great News. May God see you through the rest of the process and your joy will be full. Dont relent in your prayers!!! God is great

~~~The NVC Journey~~~

01-15-2010 : NVC Received and assigned case #

01-15-2010 : Gave NVC email addresses

01-21-2010 : Received DS-3032/AOS Bill

01-21-2010 : Pay AOS Bill

01-21-2010 : Emailed DS-3032

01-25-2010 : AOS fee shown as “Paid”

01-27-2010 : Return Completed AOS Package

01-28-2010 : AOS delivered and signed by N VISA

02-01-2010 : Receive Instruction Package for AOS

02-02-2010 : Receive IV Bill & Paid IV bill

02-04-2010 : NVC inputted AOS (confirmed through operator 02/05/10)

02-04-2010 : IV Bill shown as “Paid”

02-05-2010 : Return Completed IV package (DS-230)

02-10-2010 : PAckage received at NVC

02-16-2010 : LOGIN FAILED & Case Completed

xx-xx-xxxx : Interview

Timeline

Wow, Thanks everyone for your outpouring of congrats, I am beyond thrilled and today I have pinched myself many times and it really did happen! LOL. I will make a post about the process of denial/rebuttal hoping that it may be of some help to others.

I want to especially thanks Lisa for your sensitivity and positive energy and truly helpful direction, Becky - so glad I met you recently and am rooting for you, Sylvia who I met in the beginning of the journey and gave a lot of time, Omoba who let me know there was nothing wrong with our relationship because we were denied, morroco4ever who recently just gave me some great rebuttal advice. There are so many others who also contacted me during this problematic journey, you helped me in many ways to get to this point with advice and encouragement.

I am ready with strength to plow through to the end. [if my hubby is home on or around July 4th I could just screech ecstatically, the thought of it is giving me shivers.]

That being said, the interview again - so relieved to be going back in, but scared - especially of the Asian woman I keep reading posts about. Nerves have settled though.

Thanks again, Brandy from up north

~Afrilaskan Queen~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Hello Everyone,

Congratulations!! :thumbs::dance:

You're in the same boat as me, almost a four years marriage, returned petition, and a reaffirmed petition. Not much longer until you get to be together.

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.