dwar49

SENATOR BOXER (CA) STAFFER RESPONSE TO DATA

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Okay, I have submitted the forms and paperwork to both california senators

Still havent gotten anything from Feinsteins office except we are working on it.

Boxers office:

Submitted paperwork over a month ago, finally got call last thursday and when I called back today (friday the person working on case was out of office) the person who has my case did not want any stats on the issue, didnt want to discuss that CSC was taking petitions out of NOA1 order because she said she couldnt do anything about that. She said I will make inquiry into your case, but refused to tell me what she was going to do and how she was going to make inquiry, said it was her job and she didnt need to tell me how she did her job. I told her I knew what response she would get "in process call back in 30 to 60 days" she said yes that was probably what she would get. When I tried to tell her about bigger problem she didnt want to hear it and wouldnt even let me tell whole story. She said they had received alot of complaints about the same thing but because immigration law needed reform they couldnt do anything about it.

Bottom line, now I am going to war with CSC and senator Boxer's office. This is not over, and I am not going to accept some self important staffers answer and BS response to my inquiry.

June 05 Lisa and I fall in love

15 Mar 06 I-129F received at CSC NOA1

5 Aug 06 NOA2 after 143 days in CSC purgatory

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

16 Feb 07 Denial Letter received

12 Mar 07 Motion to reconsider submitted

10 Sep 07 Motion to Reconsider denied

9 May 08 Lisa and Married in United Kingdom

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

May 7 09 Lisa's Interview I 601 filed

29 Jul 09 I-601 waiver approved

18 Aug 09 Passport to London Embassy

20 Aug 09 Tickets purchased for 10 Sep 09

WE HAVE FINALLY WON, OUR LONG AND HARD JOURNEY IS COMPLETE!!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

You have made your complaint. Let it go! Don't make people mad at you and all the rest of us! You will only cause more slow-downs, and when someone really needs assistance, they won't be able to get it.

K-3 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : August 26, 2004

I-130 Sent : 2006-04-25

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-05-18

I-130: Transferred to CSC on 2006-07-25

I-130: Received by CSC on 2006-07-31

I-130 ***NOA2*** 2006-08-03 100 Days

I-130: NVC Case number assigned 2006-08-31

I-130: AOS Fee Bill received: 2006-09-25

I-129F Sent : 2006-06-02

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-06-08

RFE Recieved: 2006-07-03

RFE Delivered: 2006-07-17

I-129F ***NOA2*** : 2006-08-04 63 Days

NVC Received : 2006-08-10

NVC Left : 2006-08-15

Consulate Received : 2006-08-18

Packet 3 Received : 2006-08-23

Packet 3 Sent : 2006-09-07

Packet 4 Received : 2006-09-19

Interview Date : 2006-10-11

Visa Received : 2006-10-13

US Entry : 2006-10-18

missed a few entries...lol.

GC approved in Jan 2008

See Timeline

You have made your complaint. Let it go! Don't make people mad at you and all the rest of us! You will only cause more slow-downs, and when someone really needs assistance, they won't be able to get it.

Actually, I really could see some workers at the service centers sitting at their desks and saying "screw these idiots, now you'll see how slow I really can work" :(

dwar49

I know this whole process especially with the addition of the IMBRA has got to of taken its toll on you and other members. I do feel for you guys. What you do have to keep in mind though is, if your petition hadnt started being processed by an adjudicator prior to this whole IMBRA debacle then you may now be held up with name/security checks especially as in your timeline there was an overstay by the beneficiary. From experiences this will delay things. It could also delay things again the NVC. There is nothing you or a congress person can do about this except to wait. I hope you hear something positive soon.

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

sad though that no one cares to see the bigger problem in the govt.. .. oh well though .. so is life.

May 1, 2006 - Submitted I-129F (Overnight) NSC

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

June 1, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

June 14, 2006 - Notice from CSC it was transferred

June 30, 2006 - Received IMBRA RFE (CSC)

July 5, 2006 - Touched (RFE Received)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

August 5, 2006 Physical NOA2

August 15, 2006 NVC Received and Sent

August 22, 2006 AIT sent Packet 3

August 22, 2006 Packet 3 got lost in the mail... sending another.. :( :( :(

October 27, 2006 Interview

3dflagsdotcom_chtai_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_co_2fawm.gif

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

C'mon USCIS Lets get some others approved or else watch for the Trident

brick.jpg

Timeline

I guess maybe you are all missing the point here. The major issue I have is not that it is taking a long time to process my I129F, it is that CSC has taken it upon themselves to issue approvals without regard to NOA1 dates. How CSC has handled this whole mess is unacceptable. It may not change anything now, but if we dont speak up it will never change.

Either way, no matter what the circumstances. If anyone calls a senators office, they should not be treated rudely or unprofessionally.

I understand that we have extra delays when it comes to my fiancee's overstay. That we knew and went into this whole thing planning on that delay. We also stayed reasonably patient thru the IMBRA delay. However now it has gone beyond that.

I would even be satisified with a reasonable answer, but to be told that you just have to wait and wait, no matter what, is totally unacceptable. There is no excuse, no justifiable reason for not answering some very simple questions.

I work for the government, I am a supervisor and have numerous personnel that work for me. Under no circumstances would I tolerate one of my employees treating a customer the way I have been treated by Senator Boxer's staff, or USCIS "customer service".

So you all can tell me to be patient, you all can say dont rock the boat, but too late, I am going to rock it. I am not going to accept incompetence and unprofessional behavior from any government agency. Everyone has to answer to someone. Yes I might not accomplish anything in the short term, but over the long term eventually someone has to say something. I do not consider asking questions a reason to be treated like a trouble maker. It is time that some one got involved. It is time for someone to say something. And if asking questions and demanding a reasonable answer is making trouble then so be it.

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

I guess maybe you are all missing the point here. The major issue I have is not that it is taking a long time to process my I129F, it is that CSC has taken it upon themselves to issue approvals without regard to NOA1 dates. How CSC has handled this whole mess is unacceptable. It may not change anything now, but if we dont speak up it will never change.

Either way, no matter what the circumstances. If anyone calls a senators office, they should not be treated rudely or unprofessionally.

I understand that we have extra delays when it comes to my fiancee's overstay. That we knew and went into this whole thing planning on that delay. We also stayed reasonably patient thru the IMBRA delay. However now it has gone beyond that.

I would even be satisified with a reasonable answer, but to be told that you just have to wait and wait, no matter what, is totally unacceptable. There is no excuse, no justifiable reason for not answering some very simple questions.

I work for the government, I am a supervisor and have numerous personnel that work for me. Under no circumstances would I tolerate one of my employees treating a customer the way I have been treated by Senator Boxer's staff, or USCIS "customer service".

So you all can tell me to be patient, you all can say dont rock the boat, but too late, I am going to rock it. I am not going to accept incompetence and unprofessional behavior from any government agency. Everyone has to answer to someone. Yes I might not accomplish anything in the short term, but over the long term eventually someone has to say something. I do not consider asking questions a reason to be treated like a trouble maker. It is time that some one got involved. It is time for someone to say something. And if asking questions and demanding a reasonable answer is making trouble then so be it.

Damnit, man. That almost made me teary-eyed. Let's win one for the Gipper! :D

Edited by mrc

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Do people seriously think USCIS adjudicators will take revenge on files? I realize government employees get a bad rap, but at the end of the day, these are professionals trying to do their job, and in all likelihood, they are feeling annoyed by the lack of proper guidelines for IMBRA as well. After all, they aren’t the ones who messed up, their senior managers are. Now they have to pick up the slack and deal with all of us on the phone… they are just pushing things through to get past the backlog.

Besides, Dwar's anger isn't personal to USCIS (maybe the senator's aid though!) employees, why would they take it that way? It is a procedural complaint. As for the senator's aide... I am sure they feel pressure too, but no professional takes it out that way on a constituent.

I don't think Dwar is rocking the boat, I think he is complaining about some valid problems he is experiencing.

Now, whether it will get you anywhere is another story! :D

Hey, maybe we should start a USCIS appreciation thread. Post a kind remark, and sign it with our file number. :lol:

Edited by hockeygal

04/13/06 - I-129F mailed

04/18/06 - NOA1

08/30/06 - NOA2

09/26/06 - received at NVC

09/27/06 - forwarded to consulate

20/11/06 - visa in my pocket!

14/01/07 - POE

13/04/07 - marriage

27/04/07 docs sent in for AOS, EAD, AP

26/06/07 - biometrics appointment

02/17/07 - AP and EAD arrive

03/03/08 - Infopass - where the heck is my AOS interview?? No one knows!

best way to show your displeasure with the Senators is, next time they come up for reelection, don't vote for them.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Do people seriously think USCIS adjudicators will take revenge on files? I realize government employees get a bad rap, but at the end of the day, these are professionals trying to do their job, and in all likelihood, they are feeling annoyed by the lack of proper guidelines for IMBRA as well. After all, they aren’t the ones who messed up, their senior managers are. Now they have to pick up the slack and deal with all of us on the phone… they are just pushing things through to get past the backlog.

Besides, Dwar's anger isn't personal to USCIS (maybe the senator's aid though!) employees, why would they take it that way? It is a procedural complaint. As for the senator's aide... I am sure they feel pressure too, but no professional takes it out that way on a constituent.

I don't think Dwar is rocking the boat, I think he is complaining about some valid problems he is experiencing.

Like Dwar, I am not one to sit quietly in a situation like this. The senators offices have a responsibility to provide assistance to their constituents. The service center has a responsibility to process petitions in an equitable manner. Yes we know every case is different and some of us will experience delays while others won't. But outright disregard for NOA1 dates - approvals for people who filed in June while March petitioners are still sitting around with no information -- this is not a normal, to-be-expected delay.

If no one says a word, nothing will change.

There seems to be a big myth/urban legend floating around here that USCIS adjudicators, even phone operators, have the power to take revenge on files. Many many people are afraid to call or email CSC or contact their senators for fear that they will be retaliated against. Where on earth did this idea come from?

Timeline

Another couple of points that need to be made.

I have no doubt that the employees at CSC are just as dedicated and professional as any other organization in the world. They are not the problem. The problem is an organization that considers itself untouchable. My big complaint with USCIS is their customer service and how they feel that they do not have to answer to their customers.

Secondly, no one whether it be a senator, senator's staffer or god, has the right to be unprofessional and rude.

Depending on the response I get from Senator Boxer's office, regarding my complaint as to how I was treated and the level of interest taken in my problem, will determine what further actions I take. And yes doing what I can to change who holds that office is one avenue to take.

If you believe that asking questions will result in further slow down of my or anyone else's case then we really do have a problem.

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

Filed: Timeline
Another couple of points that need to be made.

I have no doubt that the employees at CSC are just as dedicated and professional as any other organization in the world. They are not the problem. The problem is an organization that considers itself untouchable. My big complaint with USCIS is their customer service and how they feel that they do not have to answer to their customers.

Secondly, no one whether it be a senator, senator's staffer or god, has the right to be unprofessional and rude.

Depending on the response I get from Senator Boxer's office, regarding my complaint as to how I was treated and the level of interest taken in my problem, will determine what further actions I take. And yes doing what I can to change who holds that office is one avenue to take.

If you believe that asking questions will result in further slow down of my or anyone else's case then we really do have a problem.

I'm behind you Dwar. Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

You know people have really gotten too willing to accept bad behavior and not hold others accountable. We all have a responsibility to be actively involved in our government. If we don't we really don't have much room to complain.

I respect your desire to call out bad behavior and your attempt to shed some light on a broken system.

Qiao

我爱小兔子

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
There seems to be a big myth/urban legend floating around here that USCIS adjudicators, even phone operators, have the power to take revenge on files. Many many people are afraid to call or email CSC or contact their senators for fear that they will be retaliated against. Where on earth did this idea come from?

yes, that was my point. I meant to back Dwar up with my post, not make it seem like I was saying don't rock the boat. If I was the USC in this situation, I'd be contacting someone.

04/13/06 - I-129F mailed

04/18/06 - NOA1

08/30/06 - NOA2

09/26/06 - received at NVC

09/27/06 - forwarded to consulate

20/11/06 - visa in my pocket!

14/01/07 - POE

13/04/07 - marriage

27/04/07 docs sent in for AOS, EAD, AP

26/06/07 - biometrics appointment

02/17/07 - AP and EAD arrive

03/03/08 - Infopass - where the heck is my AOS interview?? No one knows!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

yes, that was my point. I meant to back Dwar up with my post, not make it seem like I was saying don't rock the boat. If I was the USC in this situation, I'd be contacting someone.

I knew what you meant - just backing you up and seriously wondering where this whole idea ever came from in the first place. I mean, really, how can someone really believe that a USCIS operator can affect their case?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.