dwar49

SENATOR BOXER (CA) STAFFER RESPONSE TO DATA

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Some more information.

I also contacted my representatives office (congressman Bill Thomas) and his staffer was very helpful, answered my questions as to how they would handle my request, and also took the data that I had concerning the situation regarding order of approvals at CSC. She seemed very interested and asked me alot of questions and admitted that anyone (including a senator staffer) who called USCIS would get the same standard canned answer.

Now I dont know exactly what she will do, or that office will accomplish anything but she did tell me that she would pass all the info on to the congressman and that they would get back to me in a few days. She also said not to expect immediate results with the issue but that they would be asking questions as to why things were being done the way they were. Again, may not accomplish much but did get two things from her that the senators office did not provide.

1. Polite and at least seemingly interested staffer who was willing to listen and look into it.

2. A reasonable response time that didnt include having to wait almost a month and a half from the initial contact.

Even she agreed that the response I received from boxer's office was irresponsible and that she would include that in her report to the congressman.

Hockeygal

I too knew what you meant. Think alot of us are on the same page!!!!!

June 05 Lisa and I fall in love

15 Mar 06 I-129F received at CSC NOA1

5 Aug 06 NOA2 after 143 days in CSC purgatory

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

16 Feb 07 Denial Letter received

12 Mar 07 Motion to reconsider submitted

10 Sep 07 Motion to Reconsider denied

9 May 08 Lisa and Married in United Kingdom

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

May 7 09 Lisa's Interview I 601 filed

29 Jul 09 I-601 waiver approved

18 Aug 09 Passport to London Embassy

20 Aug 09 Tickets purchased for 10 Sep 09

WE HAVE FINALLY WON, OUR LONG AND HARD JOURNEY IS COMPLETE!!!!!!

Timeline

Although we are always on the same page, and email each other and chat all the time, you have to know how proud of you I am Sweetheart, it's deciding to try and make a difference, that makes a person brave.

Just hope something happens soon, for all of our sakes!!!

Loving you endlessly, and missing you like the deserts miss the rain...

Yours always, Lisa xxxx (F)

June 05 Doug and I fall in Love

1 Jul 05 Lisa departs for UK

30 Sept 05 She returns on 90 day VWP

29 Dec 05 Lisa returns to UK

6 Jan 06 She is denied entry because of previous overstay

23 Feb 06 I visit UK

23 Feb 06 I ask her to marry me

SHE SAYS YES

13 Mar 06 I return from UK

22 Mar 06 Receive NOA1 in mail

15 Jun 06 I visit UK again

25 Jun 06 I return from UK

29 Jun 06 IMBRA RFE received

30 Jun 06 RFE signed for at CSC

3 Jul 06 Touched

4 Jul 06 Updated Notice of RFE being sent

5 Jul 06 Updated Notice of Receipt of RFE

6 Jul 06 Touched

4 Aug 06 Touched Finally

19 Aug 06 NVC received approved petition

21 Aug 06 NVC forwarded petition to London Embassy

1 Sep 06 I visit the UK again

6 Sep 06 Packet 3 received from Embassy

13 Sep 06 Packet 3 returned to Embassy

18 Sep 06 Return to the US

28 Sep 06 Medical Appointment

05 Oct 06 Received packet 4

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

Interview over, submitted 601 waiver package, now the waiting starts again

Timeline

Now that is the type of reply that I love to get when I start a thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone say hello to my better half (she doesnt like that term) lisaxdoug

The love of my life and the woman that I am going to spend the rest of my life with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

That is really nice. Nice to see you posting here Lisa.

Hoping we all get approved soon. Cheers.

Although we are always on the same page, and email each other and chat all the time, you have to know how proud of you I am Sweetheart, it's deciding to try and make a difference, that makes a person brave.

Just hope something happens soon, for all of our sakes!!!

Loving you endlessly, and missing you like the deserts miss the rain...

Yours always, Lisa xxxx (F)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
So very sweet (L)

OK.....my turn...........I hate politics........I hate to step on anyones toes.......but when my toes are being stepped on........I start reacting..........

Now, I've been a "good little boy", American taxpayer. I waited my 120 days for the process to help me bring the woman I intend on spending the rest of my life with here. She wants to have American/Russian babies starting on our wedding night. That's good enough for me to speak up and act now!!!!!!

I started the chart because I wanted to see the big picture. Now I have seen it. Now on my 124th day, I have reacted. Now I follow the rules of engagement.

First I called the 1-800 number like I was told to and followed their instructions. I wrote the CSC. I addressed my very professional and polite letter to the Director of the CSC. I sent it next day, certified and return reciept. I emailed the CSC on Saturday, and I intend to keep emialing them until I get an answer. I am doing all I can to exhaust all my avenues. So when my senator or representative asks me if I attempted to contact them, I will have much documented proof that I did so.

This is the bottom line people..........it is your choice if you want your future wife or husband to sit and wait in another country while you do nothing. It is my choice along with Kit's and Dar's choice to do something on the offensive. No one has any right to judge anyone here if they want to act or not to act. Like Gary said.....every man (and woman) is for themselves at this point. So to sit there and write nasty messages towards every day hard working American tax-payers - us - who are attempting to bring their most prized posessions-in-the-world to their arms - is not right. Yes, these poor clerks who are looking at these piles and piles of petitions get bigger and bigger by the day are not going to feel for any of us. They have family's too and I will be realistic to say that if I was a clerk at the CSC and when my 8 hours are up, I will go home to my wife and kids and spend time with them. If I did not, then my wife will leave me and I would have to travel to distant countries - like we all did - to find that perfect soulmate partner - like we did - and then have to submit a petition - like we did - and have to wait - like we are - .......get the picture????

The system is broken. This is obvious. When 28 % of vj'ers inMarch can't even get a RFE to at least be on the playing field like the others.....this is a problem. There are thousands and thousands of petitions for I129F's and other catagories sitting on desks, on filing cabinets, in post office boxes stacked every where. They will not know that I exist until I speak up.

Ok, I will shut up now, but in summary. If I want to prove to my new beautiful bride to be that I love her like I have already written probably 2000 times already, then she would expect me to prove it to her and not just sit around waiting for the "fairy godmother for petitions" to arrive and hand to me my approval on a silver platter!!!!!!!!! You can all now send me a truckload of nasty messages now.....I expect to receive them....but I don't care.........nothing is going to stop this freight train from pushing up the track.........not you, not the CSC, not the snotty congressional aid.....no one........I am a man on a mission. I will stop trying when my babe has tackled me to the floor at JFK airport in NY kissing me one million times like she tells me she is going to do!!!!!! Then I will rest!!!!!!!!!! I yield the floor......

Mike

03-21-06 - Petition received at TSC

03-27-06 - NOA1 Transferred to CSC

08-02-06 - TOUCHED

08-03-06 - TOUCHED

08-07-06 - TOUCHED

09-11-06 - 1st meeting with Congressional aid

09-14-06 - 1st letter sent from Congressional aid to CSC.

09-21-06 - 1st generic response from CSC to aid.

09-22-06 - 2nd letter from Congressional aid to CSC.

09-22-06 - touched

09-23-06 - touched

09-25-06 - touched

09-26-06 - touched

09-26-06 - 2nd meeting with Congressional aid

09-27-06 - 3rd meeting with Congressional aid

10-02-06 - 5 emails stating that an RFE was sent out on Sept 30th....

10-03-06 - touched

10-10-06 - received IMBRA RFE

10-11-06 - sent IMBRA RFE to CSC

10-12-06 - CSC receives IMBRA RFE

10-17-06 - touched

10-19-06 - touched

10-20-06 - touched

10-21-06 - touched

10-24-06 - APPROVED

10-26-06 - touched

10-27-06 - touched

11-03-06 - NVC notifies w/letter - receipt of case

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Timeline

Go for it Mike, join the growing list of the discontented and

MAD AS HELL AND NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

The USCIS service centers are run by CONTRACTORS not government staff. There are very few government positions at any USCIS service center and those positions are the management. You can go to FedBusOps and get the entire contract.

I-130...CR-1

02/27/06 Filed CR-1, I-130 thru TSC

07/26/06 NVC assigns case #, Wife e-mails choice of agent to NVC

10/10/06 Receive, complete and submit I-864 and DS-230

04/02/07 Back to Taiwan for visit and Interview

04/06/07 Received CR-1 visa

04/10/07 POE through Detroit

04/30/07 2 Year Green Card Received

Lifting Conditions

01/10/09 File I-751 at VSC

06/24/09 Received 10 year GC

Citizenship

07/27/10 Filing Date for N-400

08/03/10 Check cashed - as of 8/26 never received NOA so made InfoPass

08/31/10 InfoPass for Biometrics

11/10/10 Interview Date, Passed

02/18/11 Scheduled oath ceremony

Timeline

Yes I know they are contract employees, but I also know there has to be government employee who manages that contract and I also know that all contracts for the government are done on a cost plus basis. Which means as a contractor if you dont do a good job you get a poor rating and then all you get is your costs NO bonus!!!!!

Now having said that, contractors only do what they are told. It isnt the workers problem, it is the policy/proceedures set forth by the government employees running the center. Those are the people that have screwed this up. Not the worker bees.

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

Filed: Timeline

miker32us,

Case officers are USCIS employees.

Contract employees are used in places like the mailroom, and perhaps the sorting room, data entry, file room, and other clerical functions. Directly supervised by a contract employee but managed by a USCIS employee.

I don't know the ratio of case officers to clerical workers in a Service Center but I think your post is a bit misleading in saying that the only government employees are the management. The core function of the SCs - adjudicating petitions and applications - is performed by USCIS government employees.

Yodrak

The USCIS service centers are run by CONTRACTORS not government staff. There are very few government positions at any USCIS service center and those positions are the management. You can go to FedBusOps and get the entire contract.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I have also written to one of my senators and my congressman. It has done no good. To expect Senator Boxer for California to be of an assistance is crazy. The liberals are the ones that have pushed IMBRA. Women under the IMBRA statues can claim abuse and get a instant green card. Any guess who they will vote for? The democrats are going to do what ever it takes to keep their power and it doesn't matter who gets hurt as long as they get re-elected. Match.com, E Harmony, Yahoo personals etc. gave big money to support IMBRA and the US House and Senate are for sale to the highest bidders.

I have also written to one of my senators and my congressman. It has done no good. To expect Senator Boxer for California to be of an assistance is crazy. The liberals are the ones that have pushed IMBRA. Women under the IMBRA statues can claim abuse and get a instant green card. Any guess who they will vote for? The democrats are going to do what ever it takes to keep their power and it doesn't matter who gets hurt as long as they get re-elected. Match.com, E Harmony, Yahoo personals etc. gave big money to support IMBRA and the US House and Senate are for sale to the highest bidders.

A hem, Watson's(democrat) congresional office is on point and will find you answers...oh, yeah...Watson is a she. :yes:

Edited by kofuku

WBhW.jpgbunbuntdg20060306_-8_Amira%20is.png

REMOVING CONDITIONS

6/30/07 - Mailed I-751 via Priority Mail with Delivery notification

7/02/07 - Delivered to USCIS in Laguna Niguel,CA

7/07/07 - CSC returns I-751 packet because we used an older I-751 version. Mailed I-751 with latest(02/07) version via Priority Mail with delivery notification

7/09/07 - Deliverd to USCIS

7/10/07 - NOA date

7/12/07 - USCIS cashes check

7/21/07 - NOA received(GC extended for one year)

7/24/07 - Biometrics notice received

8/10/07 - Biometrics appointment in W. LA

8/28/07 - Card production ordered

8/29/07 - Approval notice received online

8/30/07 - Approval notice recieved in mail

9/04/07 - 10 yr GC received in mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I agree with Mike and Dwar

I'm fed up with the way this process is conducted. If we don't get approved by my birthday, August 21st, I think I'm going to fly to California and start taking names.

Dan & Sheryl (Twin Cities, MN and Calgary, AB Canada)

Feb 29 2004 - Met on LiveJournal.com

July 25 2005 - Things start to get 'romantic'

Nov 11 2005 - Met in person

Dec 31 2005 - Engaged

March 6 2006 - I-129F sent

March 9 2006 - I-129F NOA1

June 10 Case Transfered to CSC - assured by USCIS that NOA1 date would be honored

July 3 2006 - IMBRA RFE in the mail

July 5 2006 - RFE sent with extra evidence (plane tickets, receipts, letters, emails, photos)

July 10 2006 - RFE received

Aug 8 2006 - Congressional inquiry - told 129F cases are processed based on IMBRA RFE

Sept 20 2006 - Called DHS - Was told another RFE was sent three weeks ago

Sept 21 2006 - Local USCIS office claims RFE is a request for 'initial' evidence - RFE must be lost or was never actually sent.

Sept 22 2006 - Congressional inquiry #2- told "We are working on your case, please allow 60 days" ARGGHH

Sept 26 2006 - 6 touches from all my investigating

Oct 16 2006 - Finally received the RFE that's been holding up our case. It's the IMBRA RFE that we already sent in and was verified received!

Oct 17 2006 - Senator Mark Dayton's office finally gets USCIS to pull out petition for special processing.

Oct 24 2006 - FINALLY APPROVED!

Jan 18 2007 - Interview in Vancouver / K-1 received

Jan 23 2007 - Sheryl enters the US with me

Feb 17 2007 - Wedding!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.