visaveteran

I married a woman, not a country

192 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

at the rate things are going in this thread, i'll be surprised if it makes it to page two before i lock it for insults, baiting, and other tos violations.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Well, Feb.23rd came and went and nobody posted about the great gifts or royal treatment they received for "Defenders of the Fatherland" Day from their wives. Or did I miss something?

My wife never even mentioned it to me and I'm glad...as I did not defend the fatherland and I get enough attention on Veterans Day and Father's Day...American celebrations. And soon Int.Woman's Day will arrive and I will respond similarly. You see, I never joined the American Communist Party.

I get that most American men on this forum married a country as well as a woman. OK, good for you if you can't hold onto your own heritage. I married only a woman. I'm not Russo-centric or play games about honoring Russia...as there's little to honor. I think Boris Yeltsin represented Russia in the modern context most accurately...a stumbling drunk who let a historic opportunity slip by; and after he was done, he turned the country over to a KGB dictator. I used to fear the Red Army but now I see that most of their soldiers were drunk, armed with inferior weapons and poorly trained. The best thing Russia produced was the KGB which still runs Russia.

My wife does not ask for Russian TV or movies. Never celebrates Russian holidays and has adapted well to living as an American. She understands...I married her, not Russia.

I get that. As long as it's mutually agreed upon, I see no problems with your statement.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
at the rate things are going in this thread, i'll be surprised if it makes it to page two before i lock it for insults, baiting, and other tos violations.

Well, it made it to page 2 already :) Give us a go to get to page 3 maybe? Just until the workday is over :)

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

That'd be good, it's a slow Friday at work.

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

Timeline
That'd be good, it's a slow Friday at work.

Yeah.... I need to sit here for a couple more hours before I go back to shoveling my driveway. Stupid snow.

Oh, I gon an idea, let's all hate stupid a$$ blizzards instead of each other

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Timeline
Well, it made it to page 2 already :) Give us a go to get to page 3 maybe? Just until the workday is over :)

my page count is set a bit more than the default, still one page here.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Timeline
Again, this is an open forum where even ponies can be discussed. I provide a counter-balance to all the Russo-centrism which at times is cloyingly sweet and over done IMO. None of us needs to discuss any of this. It's all unnecessary. The key work of the forum is to help people with visa issues. The rest is filler. The "I love Russia" crappola or the "Russia Stinks" crappola is filler.

You're right, it's an open forum. So if you want to keep being "balanced" (you're not), just don't act so indignant when people are outraged by your words. To pull the thread a little further, if this were a forum for Vietnam vets, you'd be the hippy a*shole coming in and screaming about how everyone here are baby killers and rapists. That's not balance, it's just nastiness.

I never attack Russian people as citizens or human beings. I attack the culture and government and policies. Your depictions of my intentions or comments are inaccurate.

Holy christ man, re-read what you just wrote. You're not attacking Russians, just their culture and everything they believe in. Huh.

Vietnam is an issue for me and always will be. Don't tell me to "get over it." Men I knew died. I've got a hole in my leg from an AK-47...a gun which you and Slim like to discuss. Yes, my marriage, and, in fact, to some extent, all our marriages are a paradox. The Soviet Union was our arch enemy for 40 years. I am a product of the Cold War. That will never change. Yet I married a Russian woman. A lot of sociologists would enjoy studying this phenomena.

I'm not telling you to get over Vietnam, I'm telling you to get over this stupid self-serving anger towards a nation that doesn't even exist anymore. Honestly I don't care if you get over Vietnam or not. It's not germane to the topic at hand, and anyway I have no idea if you're just one of those malingerers who wears it on his sleeve so he can get 15% off at Sizzler, or if you genuinely do have bona fide issues. I suffered under a father with crippling PTS and took it out on his entire family. So yeah I get it, but whether you get over it is your own business. When I say "get over it" I mean get over the Russia-hating. Because it's just plain silly.

Perhaps I've been given a gift from Russia as a make-up. Maybe cosmic justice...or maybe blind luck. It is what it is.

Sounds to me like you're trying to turn it into something that it isn't. But ohwellz.

And stfu Charles, this is the normal level of baiting and rancor in this forum. Go somewhere else to hone your moderatorly skillz.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Oh, I gon an idea, let's all hate stupid a$$ blizzards instead of each other

I live in Alaska hommie, blizzards give me something to watch outside the window. In my some odd years of school, there were only 3 snow days...

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

Timeline
And stfu Charles, this is the normal level of baiting and rancor in this forum. Go somewhere else to hone your moderatorly skillz.

is no good enough for you?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline
Oh I see, so baiting is cool now? I musta missed that TOS update.

it was an honest question. i'll take your response as an affirmative to my question.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
I'm not telling you to get over Vietnam, I'm telling you to get over this stupid self-serving anger towards a nation that doesn't even exist anymore. Honestly I don't care if you get over Vietnam or not. It's not germane to the topic at hand, and anyway I have no idea if you're just one of those malingerers who wears it on his sleeve so he can get 15% off at Sizzler, or if you genuinely do have bona fide issues. I suffered under a father with crippling PTS and took it out on his entire family. So yeah I get it, but whether you get over it is your own business. When I say "get over it" I mean get over the Russia-hating. Because it's just plain silly.

Your portrayal of some vets is what's nasty but hell, go for it. Nobody will care tomorrow. But I get that's your MO...try to push the conversation into the insult stage. Hit someone where you think it will do the most damage. That's when you're at your best (worst). Well, you have to do better than this effort. My issues are my issues...I can see you've got your own problems. So don't waste time on me. Doctor, heal thyself.

Despite what you seem to think, you are not set-up as the RUB forum keeper, moral authority, shrink, or referee. So stay in your proper place...just another swinging dik with a superiority complex who likes posing as an expert and attacking people with different views.

Nasty? You could teach it in Junior College.

Filed: Timeline
Your portrayal of some vets is what's nasty

I'm a vet myself, and sorry but just because somebody is a vet doesn't mean they're untouchable. Some of the most despicable layabout people I've ever known have been vets, and some of the most honorable and upright people I've ever known have been vets. Service to one's country doesn't make one untouchable--if it did, we'd both be hauled away in chains now wouldn't we?

Anyway, can't you come up with something less tired than "you're not the moderator of me!" in response to criticism? I'm just asking because it's starting to etch into my monitor and I *really* don't want to have to spend my tax return on a new monitor.

Also just wondering if you're ever going to explain why it's bad for Mart to find a Russian wife, but it's ok for you. Don't leave me hangin' brah.

Timeline
Also just wondering if you're ever going to explain why it's bad for Mart to find a Russian wife, but it's ok for you. Don't leave me hangin' brah.

Because I'm a pinko commie who pays taxes that pay for his benefits. I think it's just vicious cycle of hate.

Goddamn foreigners coming to our country, paying taxes that pays our social securtity, goddamit!!!

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.