visaveteran

I married a woman, not a country

192 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
I have no idea if you're just one of those malingerers who wears it on his sleeve so he can get 15% off at Sizzler, or if you genuinely do have bona fide issues. I suffered under a father with crippling PTS and took it out on his entire family. So yeah I get it, but whether you get over it is your own business. When I say "get over it" I mean get over the Russia-hating. Because it's just plain silly.

BTW, it's not Sizzler, it's Applebees and they give free meals to vets on Veterans Day.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you captain EWok for making the decision to re-open this thread, though I don't believe it will continue.

K1

09/11/08 - I-129F Sent
09/16/08 - I-129F NOA1
02/06/09 - I-129F NOA2
02/13/09 - NVC Received
04/06/09 - NVC Left
04/09/09 - Embassy Received
05/18/09 - Interview Passed/Visa Approved
05/21/09 - Visa Received (picked up at Fedex in Kiev)
05/28/09 - Entered U.S. via JFK
05/29/09 - Applied for SS#
06/08/09 - SS# Received in the mail
06/12/09 - Applied for a Marriage License
06/19/09 - Wedding Day
07/03/09 - SS# under new name received in the mail

AOS/EAD/AP
07/27/09 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 Sent
07/31/09 - Package arrived in Chicago
08/03/09 - NOA for all 3 forms
08/27/09 - Case transferred to CSC
09/02/09 - Biometrics appointment - Done
09/03/09 - EAD touched
09/04/09 - AOS touched
09/14/09 - AP & EAD approved - Card Ordered
09/18/09 - AP Received in the mail
09/21/09 - EAD Card received in the mail
09/25/09 - AOS Approved
09/29/09 - Green Card Sent
10/02/09 - Green Card Received.
12/18/09 - Got my Drivers License.

ROC
06/27/11 - I-751 Sent.
07/01/11 - NOA.
08/15/11- Biometrics appointment.
03/17/12- ROC Approved - No Interview.

Naturalization
01/21/15 - N-400 Sent

04/15/15 - Became a US Citizen

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Thank you captain EWok for making the decision to re-open this thread, though I don't believe it will continue.

Its good that the thread is reopened -- but will the offending moderator be banned for a few days and Mox re-admitted?

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I'd like to see eekee post his opinion on this too (the thread topic, of course), if he wants to get into this ####### :)

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I don't like engaging in debate with VV. It is an exercise in futility.

Also, I am a she. ;)

Regarding the original topic, my RW is very proud of her Russian heritage, but yet I did not receive any congratulations on February 23rd. And I agree because I was never a defender of the fatherland ...

... in fact, I am 100% against wars, guns, and violence in general. Always believe that whoever (person, culture, government, etc) turns to violence to impose their views of the world are people with a significant lack of intelligence. Instead I subscribe to the dogma of peace that Ghandi promoted through his life. People from such society are amazing.

Anyway, despite not receiving even a hug on February 23rd, I am still going to honor my wife on March 8th, because she's indeed a WOMAN, regardless of where she is from. March 8th is a holiday declared by the UN. However, the USA has always abhorred the UN. Maybe the reason why this holiday is not even mentioned in this country.

Anyway, despite not receiving even a hug on February 23rd, I am still going to honor my wife on March 8th, because she's indeed a WOMAN, regardless of where she is from. March 8th is a holiday declared by the UN. However, the USA has always abhorred the UN. Maybe the reason why this holiday is not even mentioned in this country.

That's the way it works here! :D

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

That's the way it works here! :D

The UN declared it a holiday -- a sign they value innovation coming out of the good old USA. But, in this country, innovation is only acceptable if it comes from politically acceptable quarters. That's why Women's Day isn't celebrated here: the US originators of the holiday are deemed politically incorrect by those who decide these things.

VV will understand.

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Good Morning VisaVeteran.

Hey - I was asking a real question - had no snide comments or snarkiness in it.

Can you address it, soonish?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline
I don't like engaging in debate with VV. It is an exercise in futility.

Also, I am a she. ;)

I apologize for my ignorance :)

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Timeline
Mart...you really are a rookie calling eekee a "He." Get with the program.

And have I ever claimed anything else? Your shot failed miserably. You can see the date I joined VJ in my profile, and it hasn't been long. But if it's a measure of some "skill", that's kind of sad.

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Although ekee and I haven't always agreed on everything, I have always found her to be tactful and reasonably patient. She should decide to take offence or not if some one isn't clear about her gender from the screen name, no? Apparently she didn't, so 'nuff said.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Just one further point...if someone (Mart) chooses to invoke or provoke someone (eekee) into "taking me on" then they, at the very least, ought to know who the person is. This is not just an innocent mistake, it was in provocation.

Edited by visaveteran

Timeline
Just one further point...if someone (Mart) chooses to invoke or provoke someone (eekee) into "taking me on" then they, at the very least, ought to know who the person is. This is not just an innocent mistake, it was in provocation.

I think you take yourself too seriously.

I've got much more important things to worry about other than invoking someone or provoking anyone for that matter.

You started a topic, all I wanted is another person's view on it.

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.