debby1

time between meeting and filing fiance visa

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi!

I am really happy that this website is here. I have an unusual situation..I think its unusual anyway...it might be common to everyone else. I went to the Philippines in October 2005, met someone, thought we were in luv, and I decided to go back in April 2006. During the time that I went in October, and up to the time I returned, I met someone else online completely on accident. We started at as friends, he was engaged to a Filipina living in Canada, I as "engaged" to the man I met in October. We have talked two or three times a day through chat, phone calls, and txt messages. My fiance ended up admitting to me that he was only interested in me to come here to America so 2 days before I was to leave to go back to the Philippines, all my plans changed and I ended up staying with the friend I had met. I stayed with him for 2 weeks and we ended up falling in love, but he was still in the other relationship. Just recently, he ended that relationship and has now committed himself to me. My question is....We met online January 31'st 2006..if he were to ask me to marry him, how long should I wait to file the fiance visa? Does it matter to the INS that we've only known each other for 6 months?

Thanks for any advice that you can give me.

Yours truly,

Debby

best friends and soul mates no matter what

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

There is no time frame that you must surpass before filing. If you're sure that you want to get married to him then you can file now.

good luck!

Sarah

Filed: Timeline

As other have said the only requirement is to have met within the last two years. However, the Manila embassy is a high visa fraud embassy, so I would say that you should have know each other for at least 6 months and be able to document it, i.e. phone call records, letters, e-mails. Plus your fiancé will need to cconvince the CFO that everything is on the up and up, now not sure how tough they are when the Philippines citizen is a man, but something to keep in mind.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

You seem to be very easy to turn on and off, dont you? You have a switch?

hi!

I am really happy that this website is here. I have an unusual situation..I think its unusual anyway...it might be common to everyone else. I went to the Philippines in October 2005, met someone, thought we were in luv, and I decided to go back in April 2006. During the time that I went in October, and up to the time I returned, I met someone else online completely on accident. We started at as friends, he was engaged to a Filipina living in Canada, I as "engaged" to the man I met in October. We have talked two or three times a day through chat, phone calls, and txt messages. My fiance ended up admitting to me that he was only interested in me to come here to America so 2 days before I was to leave to go back to the Philippines, all my plans changed and I ended up staying with the friend I had met. I stayed with him for 2 weeks and we ended up falling in love, but he was still in the other relationship. Just recently, he ended that relationship and has now committed himself to me. My question is....We met online January 31'st 2006..if he were to ask me to marry him, how long should I wait to file the fiance visa? Does it matter to the INS that we've only known each other for 6 months?

Thanks for any advice that you can give me.

Yours truly,

Debby

Edited by asante

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We met for the first time in April, and will be filing next week. :) And I'm not too concerned at all. Best of luck!

:star: Cass (bebop the great)

us.gif

timeline.gif

K-1

Service Center: California (transferred from Nebraska)

Consulate: Vancouver, Canada (transferred from Montreal)

06.17.2006 — Engagement!

08.23.2006 — NOA1

11.01.2006 — NOA2

01.25.2007 — Interview—APPPROOOVVEEEDD!!

02.12.2007 — Entry date!

03.01.2007 — Applied for SSN.

03.08.2007 — Social Security Card arrives! :)

03.17.2007 — Wedding day! Happy St. Patty's Day! YAY! :D

AOS/EAD

04.30.2007 — AOS/EAD Mailed off (No AP)

05.02.2007 — Arrives in Chicago.

05.08.2007 — NOA1 for AOS/EAD

06.01.2007 — Biometrics (and EAD Touch)

06.14.2007 — AOS Touch

06.17.2007 — AOS Transferred to CSC

06.19.2007 — AOS Touch

06.20.2007 — AOS Touch

06.21.2007 — AOS Touch (They must be doing something!)

07.25.2007 — EA Card Arrives. YAY! :)

09.03.2007 — AOS Touch, something finally!

09.05.2007 — AOS Touch

09.07.2007 — AOS Touch

09.09.2007 — AOS Touch

09.10.2007 — AOS Touch

09.11.2007 — AOS Approval without interview

09.17.2007 — Welcome to America! Letter arrives

09.29.2007 — Green card arrives! WOOO! No more USCIS until 06/09.

Timeline

Ouch, that seemed a little harsh, dont you think?

July 17 2006 Sent I-129F to TSC

July 19 2006 packet received by TSC

July 27 2006 case received at CSC

July 28 2006 touched (to process/send NOA1)

Aug 01 2006 check cashed

Aug 05 2006 NOA1 received in mail

Oct 03 2006 Touched (RFE sent)

Oct 10 2006 RFE received and responded to

Oct 17 2006 Touched (CSC reply to RFE response)

Nov 06 2006 NOA2

Nov 21 2006 NVC sent to Manila

Blah

Blur

Drone

March 27 2007 Interview

April 02 2007 Visa delivered

April 05 2007 Happiness delivered

April 06 2007 First day of the rest of our lives

"There they go! I must hurry and catch them, for I am their leader."

Sometimes a much needed glimpse of reality is quite harsh. That doesn't mean it isn't needed.

Edited by john_and_marlene

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Timeline

Sometimes a much needed glimpse of reality is quite harsh. That doesn't mean it isn't needed.

Yes, but do you come here for support or to be bashed? no room to judge each other...

Aug 01 2006 check cashed

Nov 06 2006 NOA2

Blah

Blur

Drone

March 27 2007 Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

why dont you read the facts of the case before rushing to defend? And the observation should give the OP an insight that someone can ask the same question and apply for scrutiny to the case, dont you think? Red flags are not a bad thing to point out.

Yes, but do you come here for support or to be bashed? no room to judge each other...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
As other have said the only requirement is to have met within the last two years. However, the Manila embassy is a high visa fraud embassy, so I would say that you should have know each other for at least 6 months and be able to document it, i.e. phone call records, letters, e-mails. Plus your fiancé will need to cconvince the CFO that everything is on the up and up, now not sure how tough they are when the Philippines citizen is a man, but something to keep in mind.

Wow, great input! I only wanted to add that your fiance will have to prove these things at the interview after your petition's been approved in the U.S.

For filing the K1, you'll have to prove that you've met within the past 2 years (which appears to be kind of easy for you, I think, since you have been there this past January).

Maybe you should post questions to the regional forum, where people whose fiances are in the Philippines might give you more information as to what COs at the consulate in Manila will be looking for.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline
why dont you read the facts of the case before rushing to defend? And the observation should give the OP an insight that someone can ask the same question and apply for scrutiny to the case, dont you think? Red flags are not a bad thing to point out.

No, but on another thread you ask about your "friend" going to see someone while hes married

Do you think thats a lot better?...i didnt see you throwing catty remarks out about that.

So you really feel like you should hurl insults, go ahead, it only makes one person look bad

Guess who?....

Aug 01 2006 check cashed

Nov 06 2006 NOA2

Blah

Blur

Drone

March 27 2007 Interview

Timeline

Thanks for all the great advice and re-assurance. I would like to say, that I tried to be honest without being too detailed, so there's a lot more to the story than just meeting one guy, changing my mind, then meeting another. In my own defense I've been happily single ( no dating, boyfriends, fiance's or anything else) for over 8 years. But the Philippine Country had a way of softening my heart, and I made some poor choices becuz of my love for the Country. I would also like to add that I haven't been asked to marry him yet...I'm just asking if the timeline would be a problem. We met in January online. But face to face in April.

Thanks again to all of you for your great input. The fact that this website is here, to support and lift each other up is really encouraging to me!

best friends and soul mates no matter what

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

If you want to give the OP some insight into the kinds of questions and scrutiny her fiance may face, do you really think it's necessary to be so rude? One thing you may have noticed here is that people try to be helpful and supportive. If you think you have something helpful to offer, it will be a lot more effective if you write it in a nicer, more constructive manner.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
Thanks for all the great advice and re-assurance. I would like to say, that I tried to be honest without being too detailed, so there's a lot more to the story than just meeting one guy, changing my mind, then meeting another. In my own defense I've been happily single ( no dating, boyfriends, fiance's or anything else) for over 8 years. But the Philippine Country had a way of softening my heart, and I made some poor choices becuz of my love for the Country. I would also like to add that I haven't been asked to marry him yet...I'm just asking if the timeline would be a problem. We met in January online. But face to face in April.

Thanks again to all of you for your great input. The fact that this website is here, to support and lift each other up is really encouraging to me!

Hi, I am from Malaysia, so not sure if your case would be judge the same way as mine since yours would be in a different consulate.

Anyway, although we have known each other for an extremely long time, my husband and I meet in person only in June 05 and we filed for our k-1 in August 05. To make things less complicated, our story to both USCIS and Malaysia consulate is that we meet through friends in June 05. I went for my interview end March 06 and I am now going for my AOS interview in September 06! They did not question the timeline of our relationship and merely requested for photos as evidence when I went for the interview in Malaysia and asked me things about him.

Good luck in your journey.

Sincerely,

Miwa's wife.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.