mistyblkrose33

Stopped the Interview

56 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I have gone to the MENA forum and read everything there is to read. The paper that my fiance was given did not say that he was denied but that it was going back to the USCIS for review. My question is do we start over at the beginning now, or does anyone have that answer? This is my man he loves me and he has given himself to me in the name of God. I know that I will do whatever it takes to live a long life with him but what step should I take. I have written to my senator and will fax, mail, or whatever I have to do with it asap, but what other action can I take. I would appreciate others who were denied to give me some sound advice. Thanks

I was not the one who had been married before my fiance however has been. I can't believe that are doing this because his father said I don't know if she has been married before.

You must first understand and deal with the actual reason for any denial.

If you want to know why the visa was not issued, get the detailed report of the questions and answers. Then the picture will become clear.

Until you do that, you and all of us are shooting in the dark.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Consulates apply the "reasonable person" standard when judging whether a relationship is a sham for immigration purposes. In high fraud countries, the "reasonable person" standard is the sledgehammer in their anti-fraud toolbox. If they can show evidence that the relationship deviates from the stereotypical traditional relationship in the beneficiary's country and/or culture in even the slightest way, they can use that as an excuse to deny the visa.

In many cultures, knowledge and consent of the family is considered to be critically important. In some cultures it would be unthinkable for someone to marry without the consent and active participation of their family. When presented with a relationship where there were several possible motives for a person wanting to marry, a "reasonable person" in such a culture would have a hard time believing that someone wanted to marry for traditional reasons if the relationship itself did not conform to tradition.

Something about your case made the CO very suspicious. In order to confirm his suspicions, he pulled out his "sledgehammer" and he used it. Apparently, marrying a divorcee is a big deal in Morocco, and the father of the groom would be expected to know whether his future daughter-in-law had ever been married. He didn't, so the CO concluded that the beneficiary's family doesn't consider this relationship to be serious. If that's enough to set off the "reasonable person" alarms in Morocco, then it's enough to deny the visa"

I agree 100%

Edited by JamilahAM

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thank you very much for your responses. I have spoken to my fiance several times since he left the consulate this morning. He is on his way back home now and will not be back until 3pm est. I am not in Casa right now, I was there with him for 10 days last Feb., and he still has got to a point where he can scan the paper and get a copy to me. I know that my fiance was nervous and he wanted to do his best and he knows that he answered a questions much to fast to take the answer back. He father is a very nice man how has just retired and unfortunately he is not as quick with remember things. This is a minor set back I suppose. I am not all to happy at all about it, but I am strong. When I went to Morocco I had been informed that I had a problem with a disk in my spine so we stayed in Rabat, a different town then the one he was from for convenience and his family came to see me. I am sure there are several flags one could see. I respect homeland security so I don't mind waiting. Its just heard to not know what steps are ahead.

MistyBlkRose

event.png

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm sorry about what happened to you, guys! Same thing happened to me during my interview (CO also wanted to send the case back to be revoked) but my fiancee and I got approved in the end. Here's the link where I told the whole story so you and your fiance can read and get a few ideas...hope it helps and I'm sorry about what happened! Good luck!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=226076

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Thank you very much for your responses. I have spoken to my fiance several times since he left the consulate this morning. He is on his way back home now and will not be back until 3pm est. I am not in Casa right now, I was there with him for 10 days last Feb., and he still has got to a point where he can scan the paper and get a copy to me. I know that my fiance was nervous and he wanted to do his best and he knows that he answered a questions much to fast to take the answer back. He father is a very nice man how has just retired and unfortunately he is not as quick with remember things. This is a minor set back I suppose. I am not all to happy at all about it, but I am strong. When I went to Morocco I had been informed that I had a problem with a disk in my spine so we stayed in Rabat, a different town then the one he was from for convenience and his family came to see me. I am sure there are several flags one could see. I respect homeland security so I don't mind waiting. Its just heard to not know what steps are ahead.

Was the fact that you stayed in a different town than his family get addressed in the interview?

You do need to go over every single question and see if you can find out if there was any unusual questions, or if they dwelled on any specific topic. You should contact your congressman's office and see if they can stop the petition from being sent back and to give you another chance. But if they are successful you must be prepared to give them whatever information they don't feel comfortable with.

I see that you made it to the pinned thread. That has a vast amount of information in it for returned petitions. First step is to try to stop the return of the petition. If that is not successful that link can guide you. It's a tough road however. Been there, done that.

Just take one step at a time. Good luck.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Was the fact that you stayed in a different town than his family get addressed in the interview?

You do need to go over every single question and see if you can find out if there was any unusual questions, or if they dwelled on any specific topic. You should contact your congressman's office and see if they can stop the petition from being sent back and to give you another chance. But if they are successful you must be prepared to give them whatever information they don't feel comfortable with.

I see that you made it to the pinned thread. That has a vast amount of information in it for returned petitions. First step is to try to stop the return of the petition. If that is not successful that link can guide you. It's a tough road however. Been there, done that.

Just take one step at a time. Good luck.

Yeah... that is a good question. That can be seen as a red flag... them keeping you away from friends/family. I'm not saying that's what he did.. but that's what it could be seen as to someone who doesn't know the situation

Timeline
Yeah... that is a good question. That can be seen as a red flag... them keeping you away from friends/family. I'm not saying that's what he did.. but that's what it could be seen as to someone who doesn't know the situation

Oh, I did not know that. We stayed in a different town for medical reason and they came to us. I will ask him all these questions as soon as he get off the train from Casablanca.

MistyBlkRose

event.png

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Timeline
Oh, I did not know that. We stayed in a different town for medical reason and they came to us. I will ask him all these questions as soon as he get off the train from Casablanca.

It's critical that he WRITE a detailed report of the interview questions and answers. I cannot stress this enough. You need the whole picture. Otherwise you're still shooting in the dark.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Im really sorry to hear about your fiancee's denial. I was (and still kinda am) in the same situation. But this being from the Lagos Consulate. Our first interview my fiancee was flat out denied (No questions asked) and on the form it said that the petition will be sent to the US for review/revocation and our marriage was for immigration purpposes. I know exactly how you feel believe me. After the interview, I immediately contacted my senator to make inquiries on why exactly my fiancees visa was denied. Miraculously, my fiancee was given a second interview and he was issued a 221g for additional documents. Please dont give up!!!! I dont know what these CO''s gain from denying couples but its very frustrating. Take care. All the best and Good Luck.

Nwanyioma

AOS Timeline
7-23-2010 AOS package mailed priority via USPS to Chicago Lockbox (expected delivery date 7-26-2010)
7-27-2010 AOS package delivered
8-3-2010 NOA 1 AOS/EAD/AP (received hard copy NOA 1's in mailbox 8-7-2010)
8-6-2010 AOS/EAD/AP Touched
8-9-2010 AOS/EAD/AP Touched
9-15-2010 Biometrics walk-in at Alexandria,VA ASC(original appointment date 10-5-2010)
9-15-2010 AOS/EAD Touched
9-16-2010 AOS/EAD Touched
9-22-2010 EAD/AP Touched
9-22-2010 EAD card production ordered. Approved!!!!!
9-23-2010 EAD/AP Touched
9-30-2010 EAD received in mail
10-4-2010 Received interview letter in the mail
11-9-2010 AOS interview 11:00am in Baltimore, Maryland
11-9-2010 Greencard approved!!

Timeline
It's critical that he WRITE a detailed report of the interview questions and answers. I cannot stress this enough. You need the whole picture. Otherwise you're still shooting in the dark.

Ok, it seems that I our case has been red flagged because I am overweight. My fiance said that the man just kept going over how we met in a chatroom for BBW's Big Beautiful Women. The man kept asking him did you go to that chatroom to get someone for a visa. He told him no. Then why the man asked did you go there. He said a friend of his told him to go there because he was good at speaking English to go there and talk to people to get better at speaking English and meet nice people. He asked him why didn't you go to a private school to learn English. He told him sir I took English in school. I just wanted to go there to meet people. Then why her the man asked he told him because she is nice and i want her I love her. That is when the man wanted to speak with his father. He said if you are lying to me I will know. My fiance said I am not lying they know her and the want her. He asked his father questions about where we got married and my kids, and whether I have been married before. Then he came back and said your father knows nothing you lied to me. The first questions were tricks because Hassan and I did not get married in Morocco. We wanted to wait and get married with my children present. Hassan was also early for his interview but they made him wait so that he was the last one there to take him back.

Edited by mistyblkrose33

MistyBlkRose

event.png

Timeline
Ok, it seems that I our case has been red flagged because I am overweight. My fiance said that the man just kept going over how we met in a chatroom for BBW's Big Beautiful Women. The man kept asking him did you go to that chatroom to get someone for a visa. He told him no. Then why the man asked did you go there. He said a friend of his told him to go there because he was good at speaking English to go there and talk to people to get better at speaking English and meet nice people. He asked him why didn't you go to a private school to learn English. He told him sir I took English in school. I just wanted to go there to meet people. Then why her the man asked he told him because she is nice and i want her I love her. That is when the man wanted to speak with his father. He said if you are lying to me I will know. My fiance said I am not lying they know her and the want her. He asked his father questions about where we got married and my kids, and whether I have been married before. Then he came back and said your father knows nothing you lied to me. The first questions were tricks because Hassan and I did not get married in Morocco. We wanted to wait and get married with my children present. Hassan was also early for his interview but they made him wait so that he was the last one there to take him back.

Picture yourself sitting in a dark room tied to a chair. You think it might be a barn based on what your nose tells you, so you grasp at straws. Get the detailed report and allow yourself out of the chair, turn on the light and see the whole inside of the barn. You might find that there are multiple reasons that combined, contributed to the ultimate result. Tied to the chair with the lights off, you'll never be fully informed.

Consular officers are trained and expected to consider the totality of circumstances in evaluating all aspects of granting a visa. Why would you want anything less than the total picture as you try to understand where things stand at the moment.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Picture yourself sitting in a dark room tied to a chair. You think it might be a barn based on what your nose tells you, so you grasp at straws. Get the detailed report and allow yourself out of the chair, turn on the light and see the whole inside of the barn. You might find that there are multiple reasons that combined, contributed to the ultimate result. Tied to the chair with the lights off, you'll never be fully informed.

Consular officers are trained and expected to consider the totality of circumstances in evaluating all aspects of granting a visa. Why would you want anything less than the total picture as you try to understand where things stand at the moment.

Words to live by but in Morocco they run against the tide. She in all likelihood will never get a official reason from them. She will have to weigh her relationship against the very tough and long road ahead. Time will be lost and money will be spent.

How early did he arrive? They explicitly asked him not to arrive more than 15 minutes early so I hope it was not much more than that. How was he dressed.

I live in Morocco and I can tell you the cyber cafes are filled with young men trying to get out of Morocco. I AM NOT SAYING YOUR FIANCE IS ONE OF THEM BUT I CAN UNDERSTAND THE CO's POINT OF VIEW. In your chat logs that you presented to the CO did you guys use a online translator like google? How long did you know him before he asked to marry you? Did he ask you via IM or on the phone? In what language?

Follow the guidelines on the MENA thread i.e contact your elected officials and trying to get the Consulate on the phone directly.

Not easy by a long shot but it is possible.

Edited by JamilahAM

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Post containing personal information removed at the poster's request.

Information from the removed post returned below minus the personal information:

mistyblkrose33:

This is the form that he received. I have seen this form in many places today but none is as detailed as this one. I figured it will help everyone who has not seen one.

United States Department of State

The Foreign Service of the United States of America

Refusal Worksheet

Date: 9 Feb 2010

Visa Symbol: K-1

Dear Visa Applicant

This office regrets to inform you that it is unable to issue a visa to you because you have been found ineligible to receive a visa under the following section(s) of the Immigration and Naturalization Act. The information contained in the paragraph marked 'X' pertains to your visa application. Please disregard the unmarked paragraphs.

X Section 221 (g) which prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone whose application does not comply with the provisions of the Immigration and Naturalization Act or regulations issued pursuant thereto. The following remarks apply in your case.

We will return your application and petition to the Department of Homeland Security's United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS). Any further inquiries regarding your application and petition should be directed to their attention. You may wish to consult the USCIS website for more information on how to contact the USCIS office nearest the petitioner's residence in the US at http://uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis .

Please note that it might take several weeks for your case to reach USCIS. If it has been more than a month since the date you received this letter and USCIS cannot verify the status of your application, please contact our office at ivcasablanca@state.gov to determine the location of your file.

(The above information is repeated below in French, and then several other unchecked boxes are below that).

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
Words to live by but in Morocco they run against the tide. She in all likelihood will never get a official reason from them. She will have to weigh her relationship against the very tough and long road ahead. Time will be lost and money will be spent.

How early did he arrive? They explicitly asked him not to arrive more than 15 minutes early so I hope it was not much more than that. How was he dressed.

I live in Morocco and I can tell you the cyber cafes are filled with young men trying to get out of Morocco. I AM NOT SAYING YOUR FIANCE IS ONE OF THEM BUT I CAN UNDERSTAND THE CO's POINT OF VIEW. In your chat logs that you presented to the CO did you guys use a online translator like google? How long did you know him before he asked to marry you? Did he ask you via IM or on the phone? In what language?

Follow the guidelines on the MENA thread i.e contact your elected officials and trying to get the Consulate on the phone directly.

Not easy by a long shot but it is possible.

No he did not use a translator. He speaks perfect English. My fiance my be poor but he dresses very well. I have no doubt that on today he was dressed very well as well. I know that our road is long. His sisters and I have talked today and we are all ready to go the extra mile to create a lasting union between our families. Thank you all for the information and comments that you have provided me in a time were things seemed to be a jumbled mess.

Edited by mistyblkrose33

MistyBlkRose

event.png

Guest Abdeladim+Shannen
O.k., I am officially about to loose my mind. Does anyone know anything that I can do about this situation. My fiance was in his interview and he says that man that he talked to asked him over seventy questions. He then asked for the number of his family and they started asking them questions. My father to be told him that he did not know if I was married before and the man hung up and told my fiance that he was lying to him and told him that he was sending the papers back to immigration. #######.... that did not say that they were going to be grilling his parents too. Please help me someone on I don't have any patience and I hate being to NO after jumping through every hoop they put other there. :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

NEW UPDATE ABOUT CASE'S IN MOROCCO/HOW YOU WHERE UNFAIRLY/TREATED

OK I CALL THE WASHINGTING DC

THIS IS WHAT U NEED TO DO!

1/call the senator in your state/immigration

right away/ make a complaint. make sure u tell them that there over now 102/200 COMPALINT'S SINCE (APRIL/09 TO FEB 1/10/POEPLE now that HAS BEEN MISTREATED/disrespected/denied for no reason

2/ make sure u tell them there about 10 state's NOW! WITH ABOUT 25/22/10/15/10/30/15/10/20/10 that has already made complaint!! the total since Nov/09 till present feb 1/10 there been complaints

ok anyone New York area info: this what u need to do asap!!!(call)

NY area Senator 1 212 688-6262 Gllibrand Immigration call lara and she will take info of how u where treated and the supervisor will call back

and i have call the senator's in California/Texas/Mass/ and gave then my info and told them how casa CO treat me so they know how they are treating people. and explain to them i made a compaint! so they know its just not one state or person who going threw this

i hope this is helpful/ and we need to do something so they can investigate this problem. may u all be bless and Jesus love u all and God amen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.